🌐 Zone Notification Extended

Just a tip for those that have GPS troubles. My wife’s GPS was all over the place and nothing I tried, fixed that. So last night I remembered a similar problem on my phone. The fix? Clear the phone cache!! Worked great for my phone and my wife’s. This is not app cache, etc. it is the actual ANDROID cache on the phone. Search for it on google, it is relatively simple. IMPORTANT: The phone has to be attached to a PC!! Charger does not count!!!

1 Like

Looks like I figured out the “group” thing. Thank you google!!

By chance I saw these messages, is that a problem?

Don’t think so. Home Assistant log shows no deprecated warning and I checked the documentation. Everything is fine. Seems vscode produce a false positive warning.

I’ve setup an automation using this blueprint–thanks so much for your work! This is my first time using a blueprint, so maybe I’m doing something wrong! I believe I setup everything right, putting in people, zones, a notification group, etc … but the automation isn’t triggering. It shows “never” as last run.

Any ideas how I can debug this? Thanks!

1 Like

Strange. For some reason, my automations would not load anymore. So I deleted all entries in the yaml file. Set this up again and it is not working (anymore). Worked before I cleaned out the automations.yaml.

Still looking for the “why”…

“Executed: 12. August 2023 um 20:39:38
Error: UndefinedError: ‘dict object’ has no attribute ‘entity_id’”

Is the error I get when I trigger it manually, not sure if that is normal. Has not been activated bei HA since I configured it. :frowning:

1 Like

Looks like the tracker under “PERSONS” was automatically changed by something. Reset that to the actual tracking device and all was good.

I have noticed, that under “PERSONS”, tracker are sometimes added automatically. I keep finding trackers there, that I did not include. So check there, that might also be your problem…

1 Like

@RobertoCravallo what was your solution for the “group” thing? I think that has been my problem. When I change my automation to notify a single device, it works great – when I put a group in, no luck at all (it fails).

Here is what I have for the automation:

- alias: Zone Notification Extended
  id: "1691234"
  description: Notifies when people arrive and leave zones
  use_blueprint:
    path: panhans/zone_notification_extended.yaml
    input:
      persons:
        - person.me
        - person.wife
        - person.etc
      zones:
        - zone.my_first_zone
        - zone.my_second_zone
      notify_group: family_notification_group

And that family_notification_group is defined in my configuration.yaml file as:

notify:
  - name: parent_notification_group
    platform: group
    services:
      - service: mobile_app_person_1
      - service: mobile_app_person_2
  - name: family_notification_group
    services:
      - service: mobile_app_person_1
      - service: mobile_app_person_2
      - service: mobile_app_person_3

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Thanks…

1 Like

This is what is working for me… I put this in my configuration.yaml and it was working. Just rechecked, I was not using the group feature, reapplied it now. Not sure if it is actually working, as I only had “device to notify” set. Would be nice, if I could just put multiple devices into that input field.

####################################################
#                                                                                                    #
#             Group for automation messages                                   #
#                                                                                                   #
####################################################    
notify:
  - name: "My notification group"
    services:
      - service: mobile_app_sylvia_note
      - service: mobile_app_roberts_s23  

Now if I could only figure out, how to put an /local/images/mage.png in the arriving and leaving titles. I would like a very small red or green dot there.

1 Like

After I reload “Groups, etc” I can find “My notification group”. Did you restart HA, I think that might be needed for this to work.

I can now send notifications to a group in the HA back-end. See attached picture. I have not been able to test the blueprint, will walk the dog later and see what happens. Manual execution of the blueprint does not work!

1 Like

Hey, guys! I am in holiday atm. Will have a look into it next week.

Enjoy your holiday!!!

1 Like

Thanks! You can test if group is working by simply set the group to notify. Then every device should get a notification.

Does not work for me. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks @RobertoCravallo / @panhans for the quick responses (and have a create holiday!).

I didn’t totally restart after setting up my group (though I did the basic restart that reloads config). I am able to send to the notification group using Developer Tools > Services, so I know that the group itself is working … it just doesn’t work with the automation/blueprint. I’ll have to try a full reboot and see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Could update the blueprint? Forgot to define a variable. Hope it works now. Think that’s all I can do from here.

@glancep , too. :wink:

They changed the syntax for entity and a few other selector filters. Check the docs, I had to edit all of my blueprints as well to fix this. It’s still working but deprecated means it will break.

2 Likes

Haha, the last time I looked at the docs, I guess they weren’t updated yet. Anyway, they are now.

Deleted old blueprint, installed it again. Should it be working? Maybe I am doing something wrong?

A version nr. in the blue print would be helpful…

Tried a lot of different stuff ‘My notification group’, ‘notify’, etc. Not only is the group not working, the “Device to notify” is also not working anymore. Looks like vscode was ‘right’ or at least suspicious… :wink:

My current version works fine for me with a specific device and group. Will compare it to the guthub version when I am back on my notebook.

And deprecared only means that the feature will be dropped but works as before. So the developer has time to migrate to the new api/style.

As I wrote the docs got an update these days. Last time I looked into the docs werent the latest. Today they changed.

1 Like

I will wait patiently, this blueprint is just perfect for my needs.