🌐 Zone Notification Extended

I am home right now and compared my local version to the github version. There are no differences in logic. Notifying using device and group works fine for me.
So, please update the blueprint again and if you have any issues have a look into your logs or post the downloadable json trace of the automation.

When someone confirm my experience I will migrate to the new selector filters.

Automation config

Name should mach the notification service

How the notification group is set up:

notify:
  - name: "TestNotificationGroup"
    platform: group
    services:
    - service: mobile_app_pixel_7

After reimporting the blueprint you can simply reload automations in dev tools, do a soft or hard reboot.

I really, really tried, no luck. Neither Device nor group get’s me a notification when I press “Ausführen”. I am using version 2.1.2 of the blueprint.

What can I do to help? I downloaded the .json, should I post it here?

Might this be part of the problem:

You cant test the automation by simply executing it. You need to manupulate the state of a observed person:

Sorry, but I have no idea where I can do this…

Just filter your entites for a person you defined in your automation. Klick on it, manipulate the state an set it by pressig the button. Then the automation gets triggerd.

Asche auf mein Haupt!!!

Works perfectly, also with groups. Just walked the dog and this is the result on my phone and that of my wife!!!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m loving this blueprint, just what I was looking for. I have a feature request if possible. Android notification settings i.e. notification colour, channel, group, vibration pattern, led colour. Would love to be able to separate out these notifications on my notification bar and play around with the settings.

Hi @Jamie_Best !

For sure! If you like to be my test candidate I will provide you a test version next week. If everything is fine and there are no major issues I will merge it into the main version. Are you ok with this?

I surely will, that’s very good of you.

Here your are!

I tried the color option but even the examples in the docs haven’t any impact on my pixel 7. Maybe you can test this with your device.

Nice one thanks, I have a test subject set up, will feed back. There is one immediate typo. The channel group is named notification group.

Just got to wait for some movement now. Will report back soon

1 Like

Yeah, colour didn’t work (the colour picker is a nice touch). I have used this in other automations and found that notification_color didn’t work, but just color did. under data

Notification channel has worked

Notification group has worked

1 Like

Above is my camera notification

Then the blueprint

1 Like

The notification colour works for me now. But not if there are already notifications with a different notification colour in the notification group. If I define a separate group for the zone notifications, everything works as desired. However, this obsolescence is App / Android related.
You are welcome to check out the new test version. Thank you!

Hi, is there someway of adding some kind timer or trigger/state so the current picture below doesnt happen?

My zones for the shops is quite small ( so they dont get picked up if i drive on the road next to the shop )
But when i’m inside the shops, it both enters & leaves the zone several times, and now sends a notification ( The entrance works perfectly fine, but going to grab some dairy products, and going to the register it both leaves and enters the zone agian )

How can i in the best way of workaround this issue in the blueprint?

1 Like

Hey, try the test version and see if it fits your needs. You can use the duration slider to set a time period that a person must spend in a zone before the notification gets fired.

1 Like

I dont know if that’s exactly what i’m after. I want the notification to fire off directly, but not to trigger again if i’ve been outside the zone for maybe 1-5 minutes. As my zones are smaller than the shop size

Ah ok. Since you have no access to historical data using templates the only possibility I see is making use of a helper which stores the last zone that is not not_home.
With help of the last_changed attribute you can determine the timespan to the current change.

//EDIT: But then there is a problem when you leaving the zone finally. So the real problem is that the automation doesn’t know if you will enter the target zone again or if you are leaving it finally.

Now I have figured out how to change out blueprints properly :sweat_smile:, tested and working good thanks. Now i can remove Life 360!!!

Did you found any faults in the recent test version? If not I will merge it to the final version. Thanks!

For me everything works fine. Sadly ma rpi4 broke yesterday. Now I have to wait for my new hardware. :sleepy: