Zwave JS 0.1.66

This update broke my zwave installation. Nothing worked after the update, all devices showed as unknown in the UI. I reverted back to the previous version and all is working again.

1 Like

no problem here…

BTW, Im running HAOS generic x86 with the hubz-1 controller.

Another report on Reddit

Same for me here too. Some of my Fibaro dimmers (dimmer 2) and switches (single switch 2) are not responding anymore, after the update.

When using the light switch itself to turn the light on/off, the action is not registered either. Downgrading back to 0.1.65 fixes the problem. Something is clearly wrong with 0.1.66.

Even a full hardware reboot (Odroid N2+) after the upgrade, doesn’t fix it.

I use Fibaro dimmers, single switch 2s, and double switch 2s, all working fine both via switch and dashboard with 0.1.66

Same here.

All z-wave devices are offline after upgrading to 0.1.66. A reboot fixed it.
I have mostly GE Enbrighten switches.

Since 0.1.66 my Fibaro Smart Implant’s (FGBS222) are not working any more. Same wirh my Nice BiDi. Downgrade to 0.1.65 fixed it.

Zwave JS 1.66 broke zwave device · Issue #77466 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Also having the same problem with my Fibaro switches. However not all of them. The ones that have stopped working for me in HA are the ones where i have Changed the Type from Switch to Light.

Same here with Fibaro switches FGD212 and version 1.66.
Switches not working and showing status in HA.
Other zwave devices were working, restored to version 1.65 and everything working fine again.

How did you change the type? I can not find how to do that.

Same issue with FGD212 Firmware: 3.5

That was question was pointed at me? The type of switch can be found in:
Settings
Integrations
Zwave-js
Device
And then device info

Or if you mean go back to a previous version of zwave, just restored the back up when 1.66 was installed

Yeah, was wondering where you could change the type.

I will look into it. Thanks.

In the Z-wave Device List, Select the device. On the Device Details page, under the Controls card select the item you want to change. There will pop-up a page with two tabs, Settings and Related. On the Settings tab there is a Dropdown list called ‘Show As’. You change the type here.

For the Fibaro Switch i changed this to Light as the switch is controlling a light. This results in the initial Switch control being ‘HIDDEN’ instead of ‘ENABLED’ and a new duplicate control is created as the newly chosen type.

This feature came before the ability to change the icon. I wanted a light to be shown instead. But now you can set the icon.

I use Node-Red for automations and changing the type messed up the automations as the type changed from switch to light.

Wish I had never changed the type.

I have rolled-back Z-Wave JS to 0.1.65

Hope this helps

Can confirm that the problem seems to remain even after update to ver 0.1.67. Roll back to Z-Wave JS to 0.1.65 helped me

Same behavior from 1.67. Completely breaks.

Anyone tested 0.1.68? :grin: