Zwave-js and button presses on fibaro keyfob not appearing as events

(A similar question was asked in the early days of zwave-js, but I cannot track down an answer)

I’ve switched to zwave-js with hassos and I’m running the latest version. zwave-js went in fine and found all my devices. When I press a button on the fibaro keyfob, a FGKF-601 (a supported device), I can see in the zwave-js log items like:

CNTRLR « [Node 022] received CentralScene notification {
                          "nodeId": 22,
                          "ccId": "Central Scene",
                          "ccCommand": "0x03",
                          "payload": "0x038003"
                      }

But no corresponding events appear in HA for me to use. I’ve tried subscribing to zwave_js_event in the developers tools/events, but nothing comes through. I’ve also subscribed to * and I can see lots of other events, but none from the button press.

Has anyone managed to get this working?

Make sure the node interview stage is Complete. Might need to wake up the device to complete it.

Thanks for that and an interesting thought. I assumed that as the data was appearing in the zwave-js log, that the node was awake etc. All the details of the keyfob are correct. From the configure I get the following:

# Device info
FGKF601
by Fibargroup
Firmware: 3.2
#### Z-Wave Info
Home ID: 3744408128
Node ID: 17
Node Status: Asleep
Node Ready: No

Do you think this means the interview is complete? I’ve pressed the button many times and the zwave-js log responds instantly when I do.

“Node Ready: No” means it hasn’t completed the interview. You need to wake the device so all the information can be discovered. Pressing a button doesn’t mean it’s woken up, check the manual for the instructions. You might need to hold down a button or press three times, etc…

Useful to know, thanks, I’ll check on the device manual and see what I can do…

For other users, on this device you press O and + at the same time to wake it up. I did that and in the zwave-js log file I see the following:

12:31:19.264 CNTRLR « [Node 022] received wakeup notification
12:31:19.278 CNTRLR   [Node 022] The node is awake.
12:31:26.440 CNTRLR « [Node 022] received wakeup notification
12:31:42.179 CNTRLR « [Node 022] received wakeup notification
12:31:43.440 CNTRLR « [Node 022] received CentralScene notification {
                          "payload": "0x2e8004"
                      }
12:31:44.135 CNTRLR « [Node 022] received CentralScene notification {
                          "payload": "0x2f8004"
                      }

However having left things for 3 hours I still see:

Device info
FGKF601
by Fibargroup
Firmware: 3.2
Z-Wave Info
Home ID: 3744408128
Node ID: 17
Node Status: Asleep
Node Ready: No

So not a lot of change and no events comming through.

if you are running server 1.2.2 it is broken and won’t pull the names or info proper go back to 1.1.1 that is what I did to get my stuff back

1 Like

similar to my technisat button, i cant configure my scenes.

Thanks - can I press you on which server 1.2.2 do you mean? My rig is a standard hassos with:

zwave-js add on 0.1.7
zwave-js integration core-zwave-js:3000, Driver Version: 6.2.0 and Server Version: 1.0.0-beta.6

Core is 2021.2.3 and supervisor is 2021.02.11

Do you get data comming through on the zwave-js log? I get that far at least.

yeah I get that and a whole list of unknown devices and manufacturers so I went back to 1.1.1

I used zwave2mqtt with mqtt disabled on a seperate VM then my home assistant so there is that

im sorry to ask this, i am a bit confused. How do you revert the app version?

I downloaded the previous version and unzipped the files into the existing folder and it worked, figured I had nothing to lose at that point as I was looking at doing a reinstall to go back

1 Like

just tried version 1.2.3 it is still broken

im slowly giving up on z-wave…

well if you go to wifi or zigbee you will have issues of overloading your network

My rule of thumb
Hard wire first
Zwave second
Wifi Third only if I can’t get it in zwave
Zigbee nonstart

I just simply reverted back to 1.1.1 once again and all is as before still no control on my garage door openers but they claim it is coming LOL

well i have Fiber connection here and a proffessional router, so no problem there… i can have over 6 million ips!
i thought that too, and the issue is if you have an router from your ISP thats when you can only have about 250 different ips.

I thought I’d try removing the errant fibaro keyfob and readding it. When I removed it, the process worked, but the exclusion reported that it had removed a different node - an old one which had no data at all. I tried doing the remove again, but the fob’s menu doesn’t allow you to do this as I guess it has been removed.

So I’m left with this partially added node and that might be the root cause of the initial issue. Is there a way with the standard zwave-js addon to remove dead nodes? The docs say not, but I’m always hopeful. :slight_smile:

the number of IP’s is not the issue with WIFI it is the frequency Bandwidth the most WIFI devices and Zigbee reside on is the 2.4GHZ gets congested even with the so called 250 ip address typical Wifi router struggles with 15 wifi devices because the wifi traffic is poorly managed and smart devices regardless of band used send a lot of useless traffic something the router just flat does not need to deal with

1 Like