ZWave JS remove Node without exclusion mode

To remove a node, there is always talk of placing the hardware in exclusion mode and then an action on the node that must be removed. Now I have some node IDs that I added incorrectly in the past. Meanwhile, the relevant nodes have been given a different node ID and are working. How can I remove the old Node IDs without involving the working node Id?

You need zwave2mqtt addon and there you can remove failed node.

Iā€™ve tried Z-WaveJStoMQTT and although it looks promising, it is still in an experimental phase and currently Iā€™m not able to get it to work.

Itā€™s no more of being in an experimental phase than the built-in zwavejs add-on is. I would say itā€™s more advanced than the built-in since it actually contains a control panel where the built-in one doesnā€™t yet.

What do you mean ā€œnot able to get it to workā€?

After installing and running the add-on I went on to the configuration. As suggested and expected my Z-wave USB controller is at: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200_if00
I then get an error: Driver: Error: No such file or directory, cannot open /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200_if00 Strange thing is that the add-on is indicating it is connected.
Iā€™ve generated the network key using the button at the end of this field.

Next I tried: /dev/ttyAMA0 (no idea what that means because Iā€™m a noob at this) after entering and saving this, I restarted the add-on. Now it is also connected but nothing seems to happen. Because after this step the installation specifies: ā€œIf you had devices paired already, you should see the showing up slowly.ā€ So I looked at the debug screen and waited, but nothingā€¦

In the log I found the following error: 21-04-07 20:08:25 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: 400, message=ā€˜Invalid response statusā€™, url=URL(ā€˜http://172.30.33.5:8099/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&sid=Z-m6NuzcXgZfRRdKAAAAā€™)
21-04-07 20:13:04 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.ingress] Ingress error: 400, message=ā€˜Invalid response statusā€™, url=URL(ā€˜http://172.30.33.5:8099/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket&sid=PpkpuzZxxxxxxU2AAAAā€™)

I might have to enter: ws://a0d7b954-zwavejs2mqtt:3000 in the zwave-js add-on somewhere to finalize setup but since I allready setup Zwave-JS add-on I am not sure where to do that.

Edit: 172.30.33.5 is outside my subnet, this is an unknown node in my network.

I donā€™t think /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200_if00 is correct, it should be /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00. Notice -if00 not _if00.

/dev/ttyAMA0 is the raspberry pi GPIO. That wonā€™t work unless you have the razberry controller.

I get this error: Driver: Error Resource temporarily unavailable Cannot lock port
Thank you for explaining ttyAMA0 now thatā€™s clear, and indeed I do not have a razberry controller.

That error usually means you have both addons, zwave-js and zwavejs2mqtt, installed and running at the same time.

Yes, that true - I have both running. Is that not the correct way? So I could uninstall Zwave-JS add-on now?

Right, each addon requires exclusive access to the stick, so you can only run one. At this current time, zwavejs2mqtt provides more functionality.

Oh my! It works, Iā€™ve never understood that this add-on would somehow be able to manage my Zwave network also. Thank you!

Just be careful, if you installed the zwave-js addon using the Integration UI config flow, and enabled the check box, it will continually try to re-install the addon. Youā€™ll need to reconfigure it by repeating the process to add the integration.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by that. I first installed the zwave-JS add-on and used that for a few weeks than today added the Z-WaveJStoMQTT add-on and uninstalled the zwave-JS add-on.
I also have this setting:

If you didnā€™t install using the config flow (from the integration UI) then maybe you have nothing to worry about.

ā€œIntegration UI config flowā€ If you mean steps taken when installing the Z-WaveJStoMQTT add-on than the answer is no. I allready had installed the zwave-JS add-on. So I think all is well now. Thanks again.

The question is did you configure the original zwavejs add-on via the integration config UI and if you did in that dialogue box did you select the box that said ā€œUse the Z-Wave JS Supervisor add-onā€?

if so then you may likely have problems because every time you restart HA it will come back.

I indeed noticed that the zwave-js add-on was installed again after reboot.

the only reasonably easy way to get rid of it is to delete the zwavejs integration and re-add it and unchecking the box. Then tell it to use the zwavejs2mqtt add-on the configuration dialogue.

You donā€™t need to delete it. You just add the integration a second time, and it will end up re-configuring the existing one.

Really?

I wouldnā€™t think that would work since we can have multiple zwavejs instances.

I would have thought it would just create a new (second) one and leave the original there also.

At least thatā€™s the way it works in non-supervised HA.