0.107.6 broke Device Tracker

Since the update to 0.107.6 last night my all my device tracker devices go offline after about 30 minutes or so. If I rollback to 0.107.5 they work as expected.

I get the same Device Tracker error in the logs for both 0.107.5 & 0.107.6. This is only affecting normal ethernet tracking via my router as Bluetooth tracking still works.

Here is my NMAP settings which have not changed for years

- platform: nmap_tracker
    hosts: 192.168.0.1/24
    home_interval: 10
    track_new_devices: true
    consider_home: 300

All instances of ā€œhide_if_away:ā€ has also been removed from known_devices.yaml.

Anyone else experiencing the same ?

Had exactly the same issue!!
Solved it by removing

home_interval: 10

And adding instead:

interval_seconds: 60

Donā€™t know what changed but it looks like that home_interval which is in minutes as per doc is now in secondsā€¦ so device_tracker runs every 10s and has no time to finish before the next run

Well it seems that you just need to adjust interval_seconds (no need to remove home_interval ) to your needs as the default value (12s) is too short in 107.6. Iā€™ve searched which PR could changes that but did not find something

Thanks for that - just added interval_seconds: 60 to my config and will update to 0.107.6 and monitor over night whilst I WFH.

It did not work here to just add interval_secondes: 60. So Iā€™m currently reviewing the doc to find the best settings. May have to open an issue on Github

Itā€™s not perfect but they donā€™t go offline like they were doing. 0.107.7 update didnā€™t reference this so guess an issue needs to be raised.

If you want to add informations or logs, issue raised here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/33281

1 Like

Just woke up after nights and mine has failed again. Might roll back and stay at 0.107.5 for the moment

Thanks for raising the issue. Think you have added all I could add as well.

same issue here. Any documentation on how to easily rollback on HA Core (hassio) on a RPi

ha core update --version 0.107.5

Running 0.107.5 for a few days and I still get the odd hit using interval_seconds: 60 changing it to 15 seconds seems to stabilise it - stable 7 hours since

- platform: nmap_tracker
    hosts: 192.168.0.1/24
    #home_interval: 10
    interval_seconds: 15 #60
    track_new_devices: false
    consider_home: 300

Any news around this getting fixed in the next deployment?

There are no known maintainer for the Nmap integrationā€¦ so I donā€™t think it will be solved in the next couple of releases

1 Like

I have 2 HAā€™s running. Pi4 is the main one and my old Pi3B+ is used for adguard and as a zizbee bridge. Pi3 is running 107.7 and the device tracker on that is working fine with a few test devices to track and has been for days. I tried updating the Pi4 again last night and device tracker worked for about 12 hours before failing again - back to 107.5.

Wonder if it is the amount of devices that it is tracking that is causing the issue?

There were no logs on the Pi4 when it failed as well.

Has anyone updated to 108 yet? To see if itā€™s fixed?

I have but too early to tell just yet. I think not but we will see.

update
Well the answer is no, it hasnā€™t been fixed yet

1 Like

It may be too early to say I have found a way to fix this but I may have. I installed arpscan yesterday through HACS and added the code via my device tracker file and none of my devices have gone offline yet.

It does seem to add random devices to known_devices.yaml but if it works Iā€™m fine with that.

Afraid to say that this did not fix it - it could go 12+ hours before failing or a few hours - it is very random and annoying.

I am going to test using ping instead of NMAP and see if that is more stable. Have about 4 devices now using it and will update with the results on the next failure.

Hi - I have been having the same problem. I read on the Person integration about the clashes that can happen so I removed all persons and # out the person from config. I then stripped all the known devices apart from the house mobile phones. I then reloaded persons from the services and rebooted.

I have two nmap scanners running both are set with the scheduled scan interval 0:00:20. On reboot it showed in the error log as having 2 sets one with the default 12 and the other 20 which repeated. After 40 mins it settled down to showing both 20.

I have also noticed the known_devices has changed in the descriptions of the devices. Everything appears to be running showing "ā€˜homeā€™ that I want to except the error log of ā€˜Updating device list from legacy took longer than the scheduled scan intervalā€™

Just thought Iā€™d share the observations if it helps anyone.

I have removed Person myself now after your update but have finally taken everything off NMAP and have disabled it as well. Lets see how Ping works for me.

Some devices like Nest & Alexa seem to block ICMP so I cannot check their network status via Ping but that is a small price to pay if it is stable.