0.108: Logos, Area Pages, Lovelace Entity Card, Lovelace Map History

Have to tried clearing your browser cache?

god damn… i’m running on VM server… normally takes seconds to restart, now it’s more like minutes.
i stupidly updated both supervisor and home assistant at the same time, now I don’t know what’s the issue. :frowning:

Since the update to 108, currently on 108.3, I have noticed that I get continously logs with:

[homeassistant.components.device_tracker] Updating device list from legacy took longer than the scheduled scan interval 0:00:12 

Anyone have an idea on what has happened? Never had this before
Running Hassio on Rasp 3b+

Since 107.7 the update notification in the GUI does not work correctly. The updater services reports the correct new version, but I did not get the update button showing up. I did the update via cli and everything works fine. But now it’s reporting the wrong latest version in the gui and the cli as well.

How can I fix this?

config $ ha core info
arch: amd64
audio_input: null
audio_output: null
boot: true
custom: false
image: homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant
ip_address: 172.30.32.1
last_version: 0.107.7
machine: qemux86-64
port: 8123
ssl: true
version: 0.108.3
wait_boot: 600
watchdog: true

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Yep - see here

Update : managed go back with the wipe and restore function

Hi

Was that answer to my version issue? If yes, I have tried with a cleared browser, but no change. That would also not explain, why the cli is reporting the wrong version as last_version.

If it’s reporting that you are still on 0.107 then your update failed.

My Homekit setup was broken. I thought I messed up but it turns out that 0.108.3 fixes my issue. I wasn’t able to switch on/off groups or rooms with Siri commands anymore. Now everything is working fine again. Thanks!!!

I had to reinstall my venv environment. After that everything works.

Regarding hide_entity option being deprecated:

1. I have many, many warnings in the log like:

2020-04-11 20:47:05 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] The 'hide_entity' option (with value 'True') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.110

Before the end comes, could the name of the item or the configuration file location be added to the warning message to make it easier to track down?

1. Is this the same as hidden: true in the entity attributes, and Hide from UI in Customizations? I can find those and, if so, you can disregard the ask in #1. It just could use a better description in the warning for what to look for.

2. Just because hidden: true no longer has a direct effect in the UI, why is it necessary to purge it from the attributes of all entities? It is possible to configure Lovelace with an entity state filter that references the attribute, somewhat preserving the functionality.

3. Why doesn’t Lovelace honor it as an implicit filter in the first place?

Should your request not be implemented before 0.110 arrives, this works from the command line in the config directory:

grep --include=\*.{yaml,py} -rnw "hide_entity"

It will search, recursively, through all files ending with .yaml or .py, in all sub-directories and report the file and line-number containing the matching word hide_entity (or any other word you may wish to find).

2 Likes

It’s reporting I’m on 108.3, if you look on the picture, but it’s reporting the newest version is 107.7.

After upgrading I can’t access my Supervisor panel any longer on Hass.io. It throws the following error:

Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

Restarting the server or rebooting the host doesn’t work either. Any suggestions? I already searched the forum but wasn’t able to find a fix that solves the issue…

1 Like

Beginning with 108.x I began seeing “request to pair” on my pre-WebOS LG tv pop up every 5 minutes, which does not occur on my newer WebOs LG tv. I have not enabled LG integrations. When I turn off homeassistant the message on the TV stops. Not a biggy, since I just disabled network connection to the TV, which is not needed and stops the pairing request problem.

Not sure if anyone responded, but I just had the same issue, it appears there are a few of us:

Which version are you upgrading from? Are you using Docker?
If upgrading from a version before 0.107.x, you might want to try this (duplicate instances running in Docker container):
https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/32992#issuecomment-604789778

I also had to restore zwave configuration file backups, possibly corrupted by the same issue.

I’ve been going crazy trying to figure out why my curtain wasn’t moving. Finally thought to check these comments and saw that others are having the same issue.

Thanks for sharing this! It was the exact issue I was seeing. I ended up spending almost all of yesterday resetting up my zwave devices :frowning: but I got everything up and running again.