host: !secret asus_ip
  username: !secret asus_username
  password: !secret asus_password
  sensors:
    - upload
    - download
    - upload_speed
    - download_speed

which I used before, but caused some issues with Nmap, and now see all my devices tracked properly again. Both using Nmap tracker and asuswrt. How odd.

Not sure of this is related, but upon install of 108.3 the IPP integration was ‘discovered’ for my Epson printer. I added it, and it did see the cartridges and created sensors, but got no states for the sensors.

Upon restart just now, my cartridges were seen and given their proper states.

I’m upgrading from 0.107.7. Running on Synology NAS in Docker container. The following components are not working in any of the 108.X releases

1. Wink
  2. Ring
  3. ZNA
    I will try and do some trouble shooting

I removed the integration in my configuration yaml, removed the integration within HA (configuration -> integrations) and did a factory reset on my zwave stick. I also rebuilt the docker container. Not sure which step actually fixed it. But from looking at the few threads on this issue, it looks like starting in a recent version of HA core, there’s an issue with multiple instances of HA running.

This is what I believe is the issue

I recreated the docker container and remove the cmd: that I had

I fixed all isues by following this:

It turns out that there is a "cmd" : "python -m homeassistant --config /config" in the container and by recreating the contain without a cmd: All issues are fixed

This is mine with the themes after i updated from 0.107.7 to 0.108.3

see: Sidebar Background color Hassio V 108.2

hey @Canedje thanks for this. How did you know duckdns.org is down? I am having issues connecting to my HA fronted I.e. xxx.duckdns.org.

If I try going to 192.168.xx.xx:8123 the frontend loads up fine. I was thinking it was to do with my nginx and letsencrypt dockers but they all seem to be working fine as well as my duckdns docker.

How do you think that will help?

if you use certs, you should see a whole bunch of SSL errors in your logs. you can connect to your hass using local IP instead. e.g. https://192.168.#.#:####

In version 108, I started to get a lot of problems with the bayesian sensors in combinations with inputs based on templates. In fact, my HA system get totally unresponsive when a template evaluates to true.

Here is the bayesian sensor config:

- platform: bayesian
      name: 'Panelovner stue'
      prior: 0.35
      probability_threshold: 0.5
      observations:
        - entity_id: input_boolean.travel_enabled
          prob_given_true: 0.001
          platform: 'state'
          to_state: 'on'
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.vindu_2_etg_a
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.vindu_2_etg_b
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.noen_er_hjemme
          prob_given_true: 0.7
        - entity_id: input_boolean.sleeptime
          prob_given_true: 0.32
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.soonsleeptime
          prob_given_true: 0.32
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.preheat_day
          prob_given_true: 0.66
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.preheat_night_weekend
          prob_given_true: 0.64
        - entity_id: binary_sensor.heatlimit_morning
          prob_given_true: 0.4
        - entity_id: input_boolean.soonhome
          prob_given_true: 0.66
        - entity_id: input_boolean.visitors_comfort_temp
          prob_given_true: 0.64
        - entity_id: sensor.pricelevel
          prob_given_true: 0.3
          to_state: 'VERY_EXPENSIVE'
        - prob_given_true: 0.64
          platform: 'template'
          value_template: >-
            {{ states('binary_sensor.preheat_night') == 'on' and states('input_boolean.home_office') == 'on' }}

And here is the error in the log. The template used as input, evaluates to true at 03:10

2020-04-14 03:10:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.2755669936] Unable to serialize to JSON: Object of type Template is not JSON serializable
{'id': 85, 'type': 'event', 'event': {'event_type': 'state_changed', 'data': {'entity_id': 'binary_sensor.panelovner_stue', 'old_state': <state binary_sensor.panelovner_stue=off; observations=[None, None, None, {'entity_id': 'binary_sensor.noen_er_hjemme', 'prob_given_true': 0.7, 'platform': 'state', 'to_state': 'on', 'id': 3}, {'entity_id': 'input_boolean.sleeptime', 'prob_given_true': 0.32, 'platform': 'state', 'to_state': 'on', 'id': 4}, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None], occurred_observation_entities=['input_boolean.sleeptime', 'binary_sensor.noen_er_hjemme'], probability=0.37, probability_threshold=0.5, friendly_name=Panelovner stue @ 2020-04-13T20:00:01.123377+02:00>, 'new_state': <state binary_sensor.panelovner_stue=on; observations=[None, None, None, {'entity_id': 'binary_sensor.noen_er_hjemme', 'prob_given_true': 0.7, 'platform': 'state', 'to_state': 'on', 'id': 3}, {'entity_id': 'input_boolean.sleeptime', 'prob_given_true': 0.32, 'platform': 'state', 'to_state': 'on', 'id': 4}, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, {'entity_id': 'binary_sensor.preheat_night', 'prob_given_true': 0.64, 'platform': 'template', 'value_template': Template("{{ states('binary_sensor.preheat_night') == 'on' and states('input_boolean.home_office') == 'on' }}"), 'id': 12}], occurred_observation_entities=['input_boolean.sleeptime', 'binary_sensor.noen_er_hjemme', 'binary_sensor.preheat_night'], probability=0.51, probability_threshold=0.5, friendly_name=Panelovner stue @ 2020-04-14T03:10:01.114390+02:00>}, 'origin': 'LOCAL', 'time_fired': datetime.datetime(2020, 4, 14, 1, 10, 1, 114451, tzinfo=<UTC>), 'context': {'id': 'b93ee2ccd5dc4e65b726fe917fbbd62f', 'parent_id': None, 'user_id': None}}}

The home-assistant.log grows to 200-300MB within minutes and are filled up with these “Unable to serialize to JSON: Object of type Template is not JSON serializable” messages. Does someone know what is causing this?

Yes we did here

Hi,

I can’t update to 0.108.3, i’ve tried loads of times with no success.
This is the section of my log from start of update to end.
I’m just using the standard setup for a RPI4.

20-04-14 06:37:23 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.108.3
20-04-14 06:37:23 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.107.7 to homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.108.3
20-04-14 06:37:23 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant tag 0.108.3.
20-04-14 06:40:03 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Stop homeassistant application
20-04-14 06:40:14 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant application
20-04-14 06:40:14 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update pulse/client.config: /data/tmp/homeassistant_pulse
20-04-14 06:40:15 INFO (SyncWorker_18) [supervisor.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant with version 0.108.3
20-04-14 06:40:35 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Home Assistant has crashed!
20-04-14 06:40:35 CRITICAL (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] HomeAssistant update fails -> rollback!
20-04-14 06:40:35 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.107.7
20-04-14 06:40:35 INFO (SyncWorker_19) [supervisor.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.108.3 to homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.107.7
20-04-14 06:40:35 INFO (SyncWorker_19) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant tag 0.107.7.
20-04-14 06:40:36 INFO (SyncWorker_19) [supervisor.docker.interface] Clean homeassistant application
20-04-14 06:40:36 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update pulse/client.config: /data/tmp/homeassistant_pulse
20-04-14 06:40:37 INFO (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.homeassistant] Start homeassistant homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant with version 0.107.7
20-04-14 06:40:57 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Home Assistant pip installation in progress
20-04-14 06:41:42 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Home Assistant pip installation done

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suspected that a newer version of Zigbee2MQTT (mine must have been 2 years old) would have a correctly formatted message that matched what HA wanted.

And I was right! It also means it is simpler to update so all good :grinning:

Yeah, had to roll back to v107.7 myself, as v108.3 looks like it also broke the “alexa-remote2” node in Node Red… since it handles nearly every single one of my routines due to its enhanced features, that makes this HA version a no-go for me. :frowning:

Updated a 2nd time, and now everything works… go figure. After everything I tried before, I can only deduce that something glitched perhaps during the update process, and that it somehow broke a dependency that the node relied on. 5am educated guess only… :sleeping:

Serial modbus work in 0.108.4?

1 Like

thanks, missed that (dont know how…sorry) added my bits. hope this gets solved soon, because really miss the optional parameters nmap offers, and eg asuswrt doesnt allow

Temp solution to broadlink issue is to download 0.107.7 or earlier, extract the broadlink component folder and place it in your custom components folder.
Mine is working again after doing that.

2 Likes

OK I didn’t realise you were also updating zigbee2mqtt. Glad that worked out for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not just download it from github?

1 Like