0.108: Logos, Area Pages, Lovelace Entity Card, Lovelace Map History

Update to 108.6 gives me immediate error on dsmr:

Post deleted

Try again. Do you have enough disk space?

A
After update to 108.6 Logger: custom_components.hysen.climate
Source: custom_components/hysen/climate.py:891
First occurred: 13:26:47 (1008 occurrences)
Last logged: 21:58:13

• Failed to get Data from Broadlink Hysen Device:climate.th1,:name ‘calculate_crc16’ is not defined
  • Failed to get Data from Broadlink Hysen Device:climate.th2,:name ‘calculate_crc16’ is not defined

So… I was using a night theme at night and default theme at day, with automation doing the change with theme selected as: backend-selected.
Now that I updated to 0.108.6, my sidebar background does not turn dark with the theme… and also none of the 3rd party “panel_iframes” are inheriting the dark theme.

What can I do to make it work as before?

Add this to your theme.

And use the front end reload themes service. No need for a restart.

For the side panel at least. Not sure about the iframes.

Thanks!

This fixed the sidebar, but as I was searching for the fronted.reload_themes service, I noticed that the combox list background also stays white (and panel_iframes still too).

So although this fixes a part of the issue, it seems that the “Lovelace themes” breaking change broke a lot more.

So anyone from the developers made that breaking change can please elaborate on what we can do to make our themes work as before?

Thanks.

True, true… Corona-times unfortunately destroys my spare/HA time. Will see to it when things normalize… It could be a modbus problem, but it could also be a problem with the Flexit or climate integration (only thing I use modbus for at the moment).

Reverting to 0.107 was not what was asked to be tested.

Yes the believed fix was pushed in 0.108.6…

see here Sidebar Background color Hassio V 108.2

and wait for the cache to be cleared… I was using @tom_l 's solution but was too impatient…

I have plenty of disk space. Turns out to be a conflict with AdGuard. Error now says:

Couldn’t start forwarding DNS server, cause: couldn’t listen to UDP socket, cause: listen udp 0.0.0.0:53: bind: address already in use

For what it’s worth, I just tested 108.6 on a test system with google calendar and magically it all worked fine.

Tried it on my production system, and all good.

So 108.6 ‘restores’ the google_calendar functionality. I suspect by coincidence more than design than anything else - the last change was a breaking change for a bunch of components (#33794).

Thanks! That works too…

But what I wanted to say is that it is not our job to find everything they (HA developers) broke with that change.

They MUST provide a thorough description of what they broke, and what can the theme makers do to update their themes to work as before!

I’ll open a github issue for that if they don’t answer here.

Anyone else seeing problems with AWS SNS? I noticed that my last text I received was on the day before this was released and I upgraded. I don’t see any errors when I execute an automation with an sns notify, but nothing is coming through to my phone now.

Same here!

not sure if this tone of voice is getting you anywhere, anytime soon…please go with the flow, seek answers to your questions, and post what you find to help others. It’s what gets this project forward, and makes it even more wonderful than it already is.

3 Likes

:smiley:
Wonderful eh? Breaking everything with every update is not what I call wonderful…

Well if you don’t want to be a tester, don’t use home assistant!

Guys! You should STOP with witch-hunting right now!

First… don’t be a news site and try to cite the content accurately!
This is what I wrote:

But what I wanted to say is that it is not our job to find everything they (HA developers) broke with that change.

I wasn’t talking about everything they brake every time. I was talking about that change on themes.

And we are not testers. We are users of a software. We can and we will report bugs, and expect them to have answers for breaking changes.

How does “But what I wanted to say is that…” add to or change the meaning of “… it is not our job to find everything they (HA developers) broke”

Of course you are, at this point in development.

2 Likes