0.108: Logos, Area Pages, Lovelace Entity Card, Lovelace Map History

Well if you don’t want to be a tester, don’t use home assistant!

Guys! You should STOP with witch-hunting right now!

First… don’t be a news site and try to cite the content accurately!
This is what I wrote:

But what I wanted to say is that it is not our job to find everything they (HA developers) broke with that change.

I wasn’t talking about everything they brake every time. I was talking about that change on themes.

And we are not testers. We are users of a software. We can and we will report bugs, and expect them to have answers for breaking changes.

How does “But what I wanted to say is that…” add to or change the meaning of “… it is not our job to find everything they (HA developers) broke”

Of course you are, at this point in development.

2 Likes

Some Lovelace interface changes/inconsistences
Since update to .108.x (perhaps something started already with 0.107) I’m facing some strange inconsistences in how web UI works. Some of these are already identified as part of change of how cards work (especially custom stacks), but for some I found no explanations (though I found them mentioned somewhere across forum).

• Improper (in my opition) handling of theme colors across standard cards. Especially the way that glance card handles icons and text. Here is example of my Audi MMI monitoring card, where it is especially visible. Upper entities are displayed using sensor cards embedded into stack, bottom using glance card:
  • Issue with aligning all cards vertically in one column, despite having enough screen real estate to display in 2 or even 3 columns. Here I’m not sure about circumstances, since for some views it works OK, but I found no differentiator:
  • Finally I found some cases, where cards displayed as above aligned vertically starts to be treated as single object (?) and additional scrollbar within view is displayed enabling vertical scrolling, despite another scrollbar being displayed by browser:

Again I found no specific configuration, that would cause such behavior. I found it though being consistent between Safari and Chrome on Mac and Chrome and Edge on Windows.

Did anyone found something more what might be reason/solution? Are these issues already known and being worked out? As mentioned earlier I’ve seen someone reported vertical alignment of cards in some other thread, but I can’t find it anymore…

1 Like

Hi, one question for NUT integration. I have configured one nut integration on Configuration - Integrations in the UI, but if i want to add another NUT integration, i have a error message: Device is already configured. Why? i have 2 UPS on different machine.

I had MyQ and two Harmony remotes set up manually prior to this update. I did the update. I still have the YAML entries for both.

The MyQ integration seems to have adopted the existing yaml config (username & password). Can I now delete the yaml entry?

The Harmony integration added two new conf files to /config. They do not have the remote names (like the original conf files), they just have numbers. The new files seem to be the ones getting used based on the file modified dates. I still only have two Harmony entities showing up. They both have the proper name and all related switches, automations, etc are working. Should I delete the old yaml entries and the old conf files?

I had exactly the same issue. I also noticed, that some automations somehow started acting randomly when triggered by state change of these remotes, sometimes working properly, sometimes not reacting to (reading the other remote state?).
So, what I did finally was to rename existing harmony_xxx.conf files to something different, commenting out harmony related lines in configuration.yaml and restarting HA. After restart HA recreated harmony configuration files with numerics in names (based now on info provided in integration), so the older files could be now removed. I tested whole setup after this change and it seems to work properly… so far :slight_smile:

Thanks. I did the same for Harmony and also for MyQ. Restarted and all was well. Deleted the old conf files and removed the config entries

Update to 0.108.6, the fix is in there.

Already update to 0.108.6, but problem remains. If I insert the 2 UPS with the classic method in sensor.yaml (- platform: nut) I can insert 2 ups, if I use the integration it only makes me insert one.
other thing, if I use the integration, I cannot insert the other ups with the classic method (- platform: nut on sensor.yaml).

Are the aliases the same for both UPSes?

0.108.7 contains some fixes for nut.

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 12.16.30 PM

Unable To Update need help or workaround.
<p>
20-04-22 06:46:12 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant to version 0.108.7
20-04-22 06:46:12 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Update image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.107.1 to homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.108.7
20-04-22 06:46:12 INFO (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Pull image homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant tag 0.108.7.
20-04-22 06:46:12 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:0.108.7 -> 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error (“Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:39144->[::1]:53: read: connection refused”).
20-04-22 06:46:12 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant] Update Home Assistant image fails
</p>

Just hit update again. It sometimes happens.

my NabuCasa is now dead after upgrading to 108.7 , still working on 108.6
i notice below on my logfile when i restart
Local Lan still works

2020-04-22 09:12:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/remote.py", line 183, in _finish_load_backend
    snitun_port=443,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/snitun/utils/aiohttp_client.py", line 36, in __init__
    self._site = SockSite(runner, self._socket, ssl_context=context)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/web_runner.py", line 168, in __init__
    ssl_context=ssl_context, backlog=backlog)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/web_runner.py", line 38, in __init__
    if runner.server is None:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'server'
3 Likes

I have the same.

Also supervisor tells me I have a downgrade?

I have the same issue

Seeing the same error straight after upgrading as well.

ok, i already created an issue on github
i loaded “cloud” now as a custom component, so back up and running on 108.7 for now

1 Like

I just saw it change back about 10 minutes ago. Not sure if it’s been pulled or it’s a glitch.