0.108: Logos, Area Pages, Lovelace Entity Card, Lovelace Map History

Echo Show devices require the camera_proxy_stream over HTTPS, port 443. Therefore your HA URL must be secured with a trusted TLS/SSL certificate on port 443 for this to work. Details added in the documentation.

Hmm, thanks, I do run mine on letsencrypt ssl but I dont run my HA over 443, does it have to be 443? Are you saying the RTSP streams need to be SSL? Or does alexa need to connect to my HA over 443?

Hello together,
I have upgraded for a short time.
And I noticed that my broadlink integration had a really large time delay or it didnā€™t responsedā€¦
I have looked into the logs but there was no hint for that.
So at long last I diceded to downgrade to 0.107.7.

Does anyone else had these problems to!?

Mfg
Chris

edit: oh i have forgotten:

• iā€™m running Homeassistant in docker on CentOS 8
2 Likes

@pvizeli is the docker image out yet? I cannot upgrade to 0.108

The Echo Show device connects to your HA instance to get the camera stream (proxy_camera_stream) and requires the connection to HA be HTTPS on port 443.

The camera RTSP stream coming into HA does not need to be secure. Home Assistant proxies the connection between camera devices using the stream platform to provide the secure connection over HTTPS the echo device requires.

Developed and tested using Unifi Cameras. :+1:

The docker image for Home Assistant Core 0.108 has been posted (it reports 4 hours ago as of 15:51 EDT).

We have been told for months that yaml will never go away. Why then are PRs being allowed that take away that option in various integration?

13 Likes

With the Monoprice change, will it import my YAML or do I have to re-create the entities?

Awesome release! Also really great to see you are able to hire more people!

Iā€™m unable to load the UI after the upgrade and restart. Nothing sticks out in the logs yet. Annoyingā€¦

There is a lovelace Map History. Where do you get to this new feature?

I saw that too but when I updated the image I couldnā€™t get the latest one

What platform are you using?

I am on a NUC using docker container

YAML isnt going away but that doesnā€™t mean the developer canā€™t decide that they no longer want to maintain it. If you start requiring tons of requirements then you steer away new developers and existing developers may not want to contriubte the awesome stuff that they do.

1 Like

Not updating here too.

Using Docker version on Raspberrypi 4.

Always worked as expected when updating.

2 Likes

Raspberry Pi 4 using docker container too.

The Ditra Heat climate sensor is displaying the temperature in Imperial, but the label shows Fahrenheit.

I checked and there is no way to set which way to display the degrees.

The temperature reading is accurate/

Frankly that does not make sense. There are very strict coding standards around ha code. The core devs say yaml is not going away, they should enforce that along with their other standards.

15 Likes

Restart your pi. I restarted my NUC and its updated to 0.108