0.108: Logos, Area Pages, Lovelace Entity Card, Lovelace Map History

In case anyone was looking to add the hue remote automation, and still use yaml and not the UI, here is a quick sample automation

- alias: hue remote press
  trigger:
  - platform: device
    device_id: 079384d34b57458bxxxx
    domain: hue
    type: remote_button_short_release
    subtype: turn_on
  action:
  - service: notify.alexa_media
    data_template:
      target:
        - media_player.livingroom
      data:
        type: announce

I’ll say that I had my remotes on my zigbee controller, moved one back over to hue for testing. I might be wrong, but I feel like my battery life on the remotes has gone down since I moved to zigbee vs hue hub. Regardless, I found the hue response time for an automation to be pretty slow. Still a great option for those who don’t have zigbee controllers.

In my very unscientific test, a push using hue intergration took about 3 seconds, and with zigbee it was 1 or less.

3 Likes

That’s odd. I’m using docker-compose on my test system (laptop with a 10-year-old Intel Core2 Duo CPU).

A few hours ago, I changed the relevant line to 0.108.0 as shown here:

version: '3'
services:
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant:0.108.0

then ran docker-compose up. That pulled the associated image and started Home Assistant Core 0.108.0.

Screenshot from 2020-04-08 16-35-16

Not here. Any other idea? thanks.

No idea i update using portainer and every time did it wouldn’t update from 107.4 which is what I had previously installed.

Try @123’s method maybe

Funny thing, I also have Portainer but never use it to perform upgrades (mostly due to unfamiliarity) but just do what I described above.

Glad to hear you sorted out the problem.

1 Like

Which file should I change? Where I find this config? thanks

After update from 0.107.7 to 0.108.0
Invalid config

The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

Please check your config.

My config:

modbus:
  name: hub1
  type: serial
  method: rtu
  port: /dev/ttyUSB0
  baudrate: 9600
  stopbits: 1
  bytesize: 8
  parity: N
1 Like

If you aren’t familiar with docker-compose.yaml then you probably did not install Home Assistant in a way that uses docker-compose (so what I described doesn’t apply to your installation of Home Assistant).

I think I understand what you’re saying. So instead of manually port forwarding to 8123, I need to change my port forward to 443 and also change it on HA? If 443 is blocked from my ISP (I dont think it is), is there anyway around that? Sorry if questions are dumb, cheers.

Do you mean showing in metric but labeled as Fahrenheit ?

1 Like

For me everything from HACs is broken in 0.108

@lemiks

I dont think the docs are updated. It looks they added some sort of DELAY parameter which threw errors It also looks like they updated to the latest pymodbus and are attempting to make it more async.

Apr 08 20:39:52 hass[1752]:     self._config_delay = client_config[CONF_DELAY]
Apr 08 20:39:52 hass[1752]: KeyError: 'delay'

Apr 08 20:57:44 hass[2041]:     if self._client.protocol is None:
Apr 08 20:57:44 hass[2041]: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'protocol'

Apr 08 20:56:54 hass[2041]:     client = AsyncioModbusSerialClient(port, proto_cls, framer, loop, **kwargs)
Apr 08 20:56:54 hass[2041]: TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'timeout'

I’m having the same issue. I assume it’s because the image hasn’t been posted yet?

1 Like

Agree, the same error ir LOG:

2020-04-09 00:14:47 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component modbus
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 171, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/modbus/__init__.py", line 102, in async_setup
    hub_collect[client_config[CONF_NAME]] = ModbusHub(client_config, hass.loop)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/modbus/__init__.py", line 174, in __init__
    self._config_delay = client_config[CONF_DELAY]
KeyError: 'delay'

Is any way how to fix, or need rollback to previous version ? :exploding_head:

I just ran the update again and it worked normally.

More info here: https://github.com/home-assistant/architecture/pull/289#issuecomment-545641442

1 Like

In your lovelace interface just edit a page, and add the card map. In there, there is an Option to add hours. If you are doing it via code then details are on the help page - https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/map/

1 Like

Thank you. This is a big “but”

The promise to users is that for home assistant core config yaml will stay but for integrations it’s up to each integration to support or not support config yaml.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! And great to see hometown Leiden in the screenshot :slight_smile: