0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

I donĀ“t have a spotify player in the listā€¦

I have the opposite, now none of my lights show state or can be controlled through ZHA. I reverted back to 0.114.4 and everything works as expected.

Do you have the spotify integration setup? Are you even trying to get the mediabrowser to work with spotify? Or some other component?

I have set it up and yes I am trying to set it up with this component, I think it has something to do, that I canĀ“t control(skip ,pause, etc.) with this integration but i can see what is playing right now.
For the implementation I have followed the official docs

Awesome release as usual! Donā€™t think it was mentioned but I like how the initial loading screen now respects your light/dark theme preference so mine is now nice and dark as per my theme.

1 Like

I made a WTH WTH: Isn't Py-Spy integrated in Home-Assistant?

2 Likes

Wow this update is insane! Thank you!

Does your Shelly has firmware 1.8.x?

Followupā€¦I upgraded to 0.115.1, and probably a few other things and now the custom cards are back.

I canā€™t say what action caused them to come back.

The mediabrowser is a very cool addition, is there a reason it doesnā€™t support (doesnā€™t show) symbolic links inside the /media directory? This is a common feature on Linux.

kodi issue fixed in 115.1

1 Like

With the addition of the following, do I set homeassistant.core to debug?

Log template listeners when debug logging is on ([@bdraco](https://github.com/bdraco) - [#40180](https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/40180))

Iā€™m having the same issue with container on a raspberry pi. Submitted an issue on github and it seems like others are seeing it as well. I rolled back to 0.115b1 and donā€™t have any problems.

Iā€™m sorry I havenā€™t found the time yet to try what you suggested.
After updating to 0.115.1 I have enabled the debug logging and noticed that many requests came from the deConz integration, in fact after removing the usb dongle the cpu load dropped drastically returning to an average of 5%.
Now that I think I have identified the problem, however, I have no idea how to fix it.

homeassistant.event for the template logging

Google Home tts cloud seems broken (v0-115-1)

configuration.yaml:

tts:
  - platform: google_cloud
    key_file: <secret>.json
    language: en-US
    voice: en-US-Wavenet-D
    encoding: linear16
    speed: 1.1
    pitch: 0
    gain: 0.0
    profiles:
      - medium-bluetooth-speaker-class-device

Log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 206, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 416, in _async_call_service_step
    await self._async_run_long_action(service_task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 375, in _async_run_long_action
    long_task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1315, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1350, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 215, in service_handler
    await script_entity.async_turn_on(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/script/__init__.py", line 320, in async_turn_on
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 944, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 198, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 206, in _async_step
    await getattr(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 413, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1315, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1350, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 167, in async_say_handle
    url = await tts.async_get_url(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 340, in async_get_url
    filename = await self.async_get_tts_audio(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 367, in async_get_tts_audio
    data = self.write_tags(filename, data, provider, message, language, options)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tts/__init__.py", line 470, in write_tags
    tts_file["artist"] = artist
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/_file.py", line 74, in __setitem__
    self.tags[key] = value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mutagen/id3/_tags.py", line 339, in __setitem__
    raise TypeError("%r not a Frame instance" % tag)
TypeError: 'en-US-Wavenet-D' not a Frame instance

I also notice a much higher CPU usage in 0.115 (~23%) than 0.114 (~10%).

I have some template sensors that count stuff, like lights on as in the code below. Should these be changed as well?

count_all_inside_lights_on:
  # entity_id: sensor.time
  friendly_name: 'Aantal lampen binnen aan'
  icon_template: >
    {% if is_state('group.inside_lights', 'on') %}
      mdi:lightbulb-on
    {% else %}
      mdi:lightbulb-off
    {% endif %}
  value_template: >
    {% set count = namespace(value=0) %}
    {%- for entity_id in states.group.inside_lights.attributes.entity_id if states(entity_id) == 'on' -%}
      {% set count.value = count.value + 1 %}
    {%- endfor %}
    {{ count.value }}
count_all_doors_open:
  friendly_name: 'Aantal deuren open'
  # entity_id:
  #   - binary_sensor.diepvriesdeur
  #   - binary_sensor.garagedeur
  #   - binary_sensor.keukendeur
  #   - binary_sensor.koelkastdeur
  #   - binary_sensor.tuindeur
  #   - binary_sensor.tuindeur_speelkamer
  #   - binary_sensor.tuinpoort_deur
  #   - binary_sensor.voordeur
  icon_template: >
    {% if states.binary_sensor | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | selectattr('attributes.device_class', 'eq', 'door') | list | count | int > 0 %}
      mdi:door-open
    {% else %}
      mdi:door-closed
    {% endif %}
  value_template: >-
    {{ states.binary_sensor | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | selectattr('attributes.device_class', 'eq', 'door') | list | count | int }}
1 Like

Try turning on the debug logging for homeassistant.event in 0.115.1 to see if its templates that are the issue so you donā€™t spent a lot of time optimizing templates if they arenā€™t the issue.

For count_all_inside_lights_on, something like this would be more efficient:

{{ expand('group.inside_lights') | selectattr('state', 'eq', 'on') | list | count | int }}

2 Likes

Wow really nice release ! a lot of cool thing ! but Iā€™m a bit lost ā€¦ Am I suppose to be able to take Spotify music and lunch it on a google home ? or could It be a future feature that integrate something like spot cast ?

Ever since updating to version 0.114 my webOS integration stopped working. Did I miss any breaking change?