0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

After update to 0.115.2 the Broadlink learn_command is not working anymore.
HA is not waiting for the IR to learn.
It also is not creating the Broadlink file at .storage

The use of the switch method is still working

It did work at 0.115

I do use NodeRED to handle this like:

[{"id":"c01438b8.345a08","type":"api-call-service","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"RM mini leer functie tv aan/uit","server":"783e002.7fe69","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"remote","service":"learn_command","entityId":"remote.rm_mini_remote","data":"{\"device\":\"TV\",\"command\":\"turn on off\",\"alternative\":\"true\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":370,"y":580,"wires":[["38a0ba2e.a27aa6"]]},{"id":"35bbe1f.0c3b51e","type":"inject","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":140,"y":580,"wires":[["c01438b8.345a08"]]},{"id":"94f85482.aec3d8","type":"comment","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"Leerfuncties voor de RM mini 3","info":"The learned codes are stored in the /configuration/.storage folder in a file called broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxx_codes.json. You can open this file with a text editor and copy the codes to set up a custom switch, but beware: the files in the .storage folder should never be edited manually.","x":200,"y":540,"wires":[]},{"id":"38a0ba2e.a27aa6","type":"debug","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"Learn ir","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":620,"y":580,"wires":[]},{"id":"814a3dad.c0c03","type":"api-call-service","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"RM mini send tv aan/uit","server":"783e002.7fe69","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"remote","service":"send_command","entityId":"remote.rm_mini_remote","data":"{\"device\":\"TV\",\"command\":\"turn on off\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":350,"y":880,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"96cc3cda.e7f8b","type":"inject","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":140,"y":880,"wires":[["814a3dad.c0c03"]]},{"id":"5f5fab60.578724","type":"comment","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"uitvoer functies voor de RM mini 3","info":"The learned codes are stored in the /configuration/.storage folder in a file called broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxx_codes.json. You can open this file with a text editor and copy the codes to set up a custom switch, but beware: the files in the .storage folder should never be edited manually.\n\n\nDe flows hierboven zijn de leer commandos","x":200,"y":840,"wires":[]},{"id":"783e002.7fe69","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true}]

EDIT: I also tried the methode using: remote.learn_command at the developperstool at services.
This also not picking up the IR code and also not creating the broadlink file at .storage

EDIT2: I did find out that the device was switched off (I don’t know how that happened).
After switching on everything worked fine again
:relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

Same here, i got a “always on” shelly one without battery. no connection.

Should I be seeing artwork when browsing Kodi media?

I do see the art in Kodi, but just blank boxes when using the media browser.

Your Shelly uses firmware 1.8.0 or later?

1 Like

Hi;
I have configured Spotify as media browser in HA 0.115.2
Works great, but how can I send the audio to any of my Google Home Mini? Is there any possibility to do that?
Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Sounds like you are hitting the same issue I am: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/39873

2 Likes

Where did you see the error message about the depreciated login?

chrome developer tools under the console tab and you can see the failures under the network tab

1 Like

Can anyone get a condition like this to work?

conditions:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.test
    below: input_number.temperature_test_threshold

Because I cant. Issue:

In my case it was solved upgrading firmware… There was an update in my Shelly EM.

Check it… And good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Wow guys, you’re really cooking on full gas, first 114 and now 115. Amazing releases of features.

Hi;
After updating from 112 to 115 my Xiaomi Switch does not work any more with Home Assistant.
But the behavior is curious: If I click the button the state doesn’t change, but if I see the info for this entity the change is registered.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: xiaomi_aqara.click
    event_data:
      event_id: binary_sensor.switch_xxxxxxxxxxxx
      click_type: single

Thank you very much for your help!

Thx, a restart thit the trick.

i’m running into an issue with mysensors
before the update everything was running fine, its still is but in my Log i have these errors

Logger: mysensors
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mysensors/init.py:67
First occurred: 10:21:36 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:21:36 PM
Not a valid message: too many values to unpack (expected 5)

and

Logger: mysensors.message
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mysensors/message.py:58
First occurred: 10:21:36 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:21:36 PM
Error decoding message from gateway, bad data received: 14;255;3;0;22;28;1;1;0;16;1

there were more but i tried to restart and updated to 0.115.2 but still see these errors
nothing changed from my end, but is there a place i should look into?

thanks

Yes the entities with, say, a click state, have been done away with and replaced with events.

1 Like

I have found the issue causing the extra cpu load allthough there was nothing in the logs when turning on debug logging for homeassistant.event.

I had one template sensor which was using {{ states | ... }}. Once I removed that the cpu load is back to the 0.114 level. Wasn’t even using that sensor :see_no_evil: so not missing anything here. Thanks for the quick help.

Thanks nickrout;

Can you explain me how to configure my automations with the new feature?
How can I do to click the button and trigger an action?

Thank you again!

An event is also available as a trigger when using the UI automation editor.

1 Like

is this new to HA 115, or didnt we get all sun.sun attributes in the more-info card before?