0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Hey! Congratulations for this update! For when is planned the update with the multiple shopping lists (it would be really very very practical)!

This might help

I use the custom mini media player card

1 Like

Yeelight no longer works on multi LAN. my home assistant is on my main network and lights are on IOT networkā€¦

any clue how I fix it?

Hi.

The codes in my customize.yaml files are not being loaded. Any clue?

Thanks,
Jose

How does the media browser work with playing local media externally via nabu casa? It seems to crash my connection to HA via the Android app.

Did you ever find a fix for the libtiff not found error? sudo apt-get install libtiff5

reloading groups causes light groups to go unavailable? Anyone seeing that too?

also, after the reload Groups, I see an unexpected notification for the group with my battery sensor alertsā€¦ this might be caused by the fact the reload groups now also reloads notifications? Stlll, thereā€™s no trigger for the notification which is based on a binary turning ā€˜onā€™ā€¦

- alias:  Alert when batteries are below alert level
    trigger:
      platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.battery_alert
      to: 'on'
    action:
      service: notify.system
      data_template:
        title: Battery alert
          {{state_attr('binary_sensor.battery_alert','List')}}

seems I have to enter the One Condition to rule them All again:

- condition: template
        value_template: >
          {{trigger.to_state is not none and
            trigger.from_state is not none and
            trigger.to_state.state != trigger.from_state.state}}

which is really kinda silly to have to do, for the reload functionality?
edit
I did add the Condition, but the notifications still continue. Also, on reloading Template entities

Maybe I did: 0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH - #477 by tom_l

Try selecting a light group in the frontend (add a card). If it brings the groups back, that would be similar to what I saw.

yes, that seems close, sorry I misread that for an issue with the Lifx integration.
I also see that, when toggling a containing light, the group reappears in the frontend. Except for a group, which contains a light that is not yet available,( because it has no power)

100% repeatable, so this must be a bugā€¦

Confirmed. Reloading Groups causes light groups to disappear.

Thereā€™s already an issue open:

another thing I now notice, is none of my Ping sensors seem to work correctly nor do the device_trackers made by my router change state. I use the asuswrt integration and nmap_tracker device_tracker.

I did see some odd new devices on the network (and still havent found the devices these Mac addressed belong to :frowning:

Aynyone else with Ping related issues?

update
this is really odd, but donā€™t think it has to do with HA. Seems after either updating the iPhone (iOS 14.0), or the router firmware, the Mac-address of several devices is reported differently from what they state on the device itself. Because of that, the ip reservations I made in the router, and to which I point the ping trackers in HA, dont report these as being there.

I do see the actual device going on/offline correctly and the name of the device is correct tooā€¦ Would anyone have a pointer how this can happen: router sees different Mac address than device claims to haveā€¦

update2

grrā€¦https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651151
network dependent Mac-addresses: private Mac-address.
now how to mitigate that: turning Private addresses off: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227
per device. And default is ā€˜onā€™ā€¦

2 Likes

iOS14 changes were talked about in the Security Now podcast that Iā€™ve just finished listening to this morning.
Iā€™m afraid I didnā€™t pay a lot of attention to that section because weā€™re an Android household, but I believe iOS14 introduces additional privacy related changes that affect local LAN behaviour (ā€œLocal Network access permissionsā€ maybe? per this blog comment
iOS also has the ability to serve a non-device MAC to local networks (as does Android) but I believe that this was introduced before iOS14 but enhanced for 14 - Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Happy hunting.

EDIT I see we crossed streams with your update2 :rofl:

1 Like

ha, yes, but thatā€™s an informative link you posted, so thanks!

instead of turning-off the private Mac-address on the device, we could also try to catch this in HA. Having 4 networks in the premises, I would need to catch those for all of the pinged/tracked devices the wonder through it.

maybe we could ask issued a FR for a multiple ip addition to the ping device trackers seeing to the different ipā€™s these private addresses get now

- platform: ping
    interval_seconds: 60
    consider_home: 180
    hosts:
      ping_iphone_theboss: 192.168.1.56,192.168.1.57,192.168.1.58,192.168.1.59

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I was using assistant_relay to send broadcasts to my Google Home using a REST notifier. My pre-115 code used data_template to construct a command with the message embedded.

- name: assistant_relay
   platform: rest
   resource: "http://[REDACTED]:3000/assistant"
   method: POST
   timeout: 30
   data_template:
      user: "[REDACTED]"
      command: "Broadcast to family room speaker | {{message}}"

This stopped working post-115 with the following in the log

2020-09-23 11:54:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1223536688] 'str' object has no attribute 'hass'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 142, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg),
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1315, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1350, in _execute_service
    await handler.func(service_call)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 138, in _async_notify_message_service
    await self.async_send_message(**kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/notify/__init__.py", line 117, in async_send_message
    await self.hass.async_add_job(partial(self.send_message, message, **kwargs))  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rest/notify.py", line 168, in send_message
    data.update(_data_template_creator(self._data_template))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rest/notify.py", line 163, in _data_template_creator
    key: _data_template_creator(item) for key, item in value.items()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rest/notify.py", line 163, in <dictcomp>
    key: _data_template_creator(item) for key, item in value.items()
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/rest/notify.py", line 165, in _data_template_creator
    value.hass = self._hass
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'hass'

Changing the config to use data doesnā€™t throw the error but doesnā€™t look like the template is not getting parsed and the string ā€œmessageā€ gets sent as-is.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if IOS works the same way that my Android (Samsung) phone does. For my phone I have 2 options per wifi network. The actual phoneā€™s MAC address or a randomized MAC (the default). As implied, the randomized mac changes regularly so adding multiple ipā€™s to the ping wonā€™t work for long.

ah yes, if the Mac addresses would be randomized regularly, that effort would be futile. Darn, I would have hoped to reserved the new ipaddresses so we could template the network in HAā€¦ now using the iOS app sensors for the btw, but thatā€™s another topicā€¦

About the Calendar Card, is it possible to choose a view as a default?, at the moment it always go back to the month view
calendar Card

From the podcast I listened to I believe there may be the option to stick with the same (generated) MAC address on a per SSID basis which should make things worthwhile - youā€™ll need to confirm that though.

I have created the Lovelace card with Spotify, Speaker selector and Volume control of each of them. The solution suits perfectly to my requirements.
Thank you very much to @sparkydave , @aidbish and @jtnn60 for your help. The combination of both of your suggestions made it possible.
I am amazed with Home Assistant!

1 Like