0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Perfect, that did the trick thanks!

HA restart now takes over 6 minutes on 115 looks like z wave network takes ages to start compared to 114 which only took 115 seconds to do a restart.

How is your load average/cpu usage compared to before? It could be a dodgy template.

running on i3 nuc cpu barely goes above 50% on a restart and only running on 1 core on all cores even lower normally idle around 1-2% cpu usage.

I did config check against latest release no errors found.

just need a restart and by 75 seconds only entities not back are z wave ones at 3 minutes so far still waiting for z wave network cpu sat at 2%.

also have issues where states are not saved on restart so core.restore states is not updating so states are not correct.

I have no idea about Z-Wave, and the template thing was an idea because it had caused high CPU usage on 0.115. Hope you find the answer.

Is there an alternate to {{ states.sensor | count }}?

I post the solution to my problem in order to help anyone else.
It seems that recent versions of Home Assistant have changed the following:

Beforeā€”> event_id:

And now isā€”> entity_id:

Thanks everyone for your help.

It appears that the light group platform is no longer registering entity ids in the backend.

See edit #3 at the end.

light:
- platform: group
  name: All Hallway Lights
  entities:
  - light.lifx_bottom_of_stairs
  - light.lifx_hallway
  - light.lifx_linen_cupboard
  - light.lifx_top_of_stairs

name: All Lounge Lights
  entities:
  - light.lifx_lounge_entrance_lamp
  - light.lifx_lounge_front_left
  - light.lifx_lounge_front_right
  - light.lifx_lounge_middle_left
  - light.lifx_lounge_middle_right
  - light.lifx_lounge_rear_left
  - light.lifx_lounge_rear_right

name: All Rumpus Room Lights
  entities:
  - light.led_strip_bar
  - light.lifx_bar_1
  - light.lifx_bar_2
  - light.lifx_bar_3
  - light.lifx_bar_lamp
  - light.lifx_cinema_1
  - light.lifx_cinema_2
  - light.lifx_cinema_3
  - light.lifx_cinema_left
  - light.lifx_cinema_right
  - light.led_table

Developer Tools / States:
Screenshot_2020-09-22 Developer Tools - Home Assistant

I noticed this because of the error:
log

However the strangest part is that the entities are available in the frontend:

EDIT: This is really screwy. After displaying them in the front end they now appear in Developer Tools / States.

Going to restart and see if they disappear again.

EDIT2: Nope. Canā€™t reproduce it.

I am still getting the error, despite the fact that the entity exists. (I did ctrl+F5, entity light.all_lounge_lights was still visible in the developer tools).

EDIT3: Found the culprit.

Calling the service lifx.effect_stop on a light group (even if it only contains lifx lights). Calling the service on a plain old vanilla group of lifx lights does work. Apologies for the false alarm.

Iā€™m going to ask a really stupid question, but if you donā€™t askā€¦

What are you using to produce the Log Details Warning? When looking at HA logs I open the home-assistant.log file, is there a more elegant way to do this on the front end I donā€™t know about :slight_smile:

Configuration > Logs > Load full homeassistant log

Thx mf_social, however thatā€™s a different visual from this one.
log

Above the button ā€œLoad full homeassistant logā€ is the summary, click one of the items in there for that box.

1 Like

How did I not know you could do that! Been on the page a 1k times but never tried clicking on an item! Thx :slight_smile:

The Broadlink breaking change got the WAF to a new all time low :frowning: Probably mostly my own fault for not reading it the release notes, it was rather long thoughā€¦
Am I imagining things or was there talk of having warnings show up in the log for future breaking changes? Maybe there was and I missed that too :laughing: A notification would be nice or maybe a pre check service to report any potential breakages before updating?

has this been noticed before, the OpenWeatherMap missing out on the forecast sensors
sensor.openweathermap_forecast_precipitation and sensor.openweathermap_forecast_temperature_low after the transition to the UI Integration?

or would this be a temporary hiccup on the server side maybe

I noticed that too yesterday but (to my shame) as I donā€™t actually use OpenWeatherMap yet (Iā€™m experimenting with various weather sources) I just deleted the integration for now.
:blush:

In my defence I had bigger fish to fry after this update :wink:

That is precisely what this is for: 0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH - Home Assistant

yeah, so do I, but I thought lets go for something easy in betweenā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Sure I know all the breaking changes are listed on the website, I meant from within HA. Not everyone checks the release notes before updatingā€¦

There is an add-on for that

1 Like