0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Iā€™m running Hassbian on a raspberry pi.

Very nice release! Thanks!
Only one thing i noticed in mobile browser / or home assistant companion appā€¦ (mobile view)

Left and right margins / padding? Why?
Somebody knows how to remove that?

Previous version didnā€™t had these margins on my phoneā€¦

Right now quick & dirty fix:

if (window.isMobile()) {
  var host =   document.querySelector('home-assistant')
                .shadowRoot.querySelector("home-assistant-main")
                  .shadowRoot.querySelector("app-drawer-layout > partial-panel-resolver > ha-panel-lovelace")
                    .shadowRoot.querySelector("hui-root")
                      .shadowRoot.querySelector("ha-app-layout")
                        .getElementsByTagName("div")[1]
                          .getElementsByTagName("hui-view")[0]
                            .shadowRoot.querySelector("div#columns > .column")
                              .getElementsByTagName("hui-vertical-stack-card")[0];

var style = document.createElement( 'style' )
  style.innerHTML = 'hui-vertical-stack-card { margin: -4px -4px 8px !important; }'
  if (host !== undefined) host.appendChild(style);
}

I finally realized what confuses the heck out of me with the documentation. The documentation is written in such a way where you really cannot get a complete picture (even if it were just an outline) of a core areaā€™s functionality without having to click around.

Take for example automations. If I wanted to know about automation modes, my natural instinct would be that I could just see it here (or one of its sub menus): https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/automation/ Instead, it appears that the ā€˜workflowā€™ is to click on the script documentation link from the automation documentation and then to click on the scripts integration link. In addition, the way the links are made available makes it seem like they are not necessarily important in understanding the component.

Home Assistantā€™s YAML is basically its own scripting/coding language at this point. I may be biased as a developer, but I feel like the documentation should be laid out more like sites documenting SQL and C# syntax. All of the available functions for each available ā€˜areaā€™ of code should be laid out in a tree of sorts so that one can quickly scan the documentation and get to what theyā€™re looking for.

A ā€œworst caseā€ example for each area would be nice too. I find that code is naturally self documenting with the syntax that we choose for it. If I saw an example that contained ā€œmode: restartā€, it may lead me to the ā€œmode: queuedā€ syntax Iā€™m looking for. As it is, I feel the examples in the documentation are relatively straightforward (to prevent scaring people I presume) and do not hit all areas of functionality.

If you guys do end up restructuring the documentation altogether, Iā€™m sure that alot of people would be happy to help (self included if I can get away from my 6 month old ;-)). Cheers!

4 Likes

Shouldnā€™t this be showing the automation that called light.turn_off?

For me it was templates that contained

states |

Once I removed that and used

expand('group.my_group') |

My cpu and ram has settled back down to normalā€¦ thanks @bdraco for the help

If that doesnā€™t help, search for py-spy in forum and share a link to the profile.svg

EDIT: Also, on a side noteā€¦ I had a spiderweb in front of one of my cameras last night which was causing tensorflow to do image processing almost constantly which is probably why it still seemed high after correcting the template issueā€¦

Happy B-Day Home Assistant!!! :tada::sparkles: This release brings so many things I waited for in recent years! Input_datetime in automations done so easily without the need of using templates! This was so awkward and was missing from HA 0.1! :wink: Embedding templates made easier! Attributes in automations without templating! Logbook showing triggers! And finally - variables!

All of this is soooo coool! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1: Tons of great, new features. Tons of GREAT WORK, HA TEAM! You are amazing! HA is amazing!!! Love it!

1 Like

The warning message mentions template.sensor but what you posted is a Template Switch; the warning is not for the Template Switch. Review your Template Sensors.

Maybe its time we think about integrating this into Home Assistant as a proper debugging tool for users? With every release of HA I feel that you are guiding more and more users to it and having to teach them to SSH in and the proper commands just to get the data you need. Not sure how difficult it is but hopefully you donā€™t get tired of repeating yourself lol.

9 Likes

ok resolved! :slight_smile:

Iā€™m using Shelly EM, what means ā€œwake upā€ā€¦ I have same problem. I was working OK with HACS-shelly integration, but now with the new one:
imagen

:frowning: :frowning:

Try opening the media browser first on the menu bar, then select spotify on the top right. After that, the icon appeared also on the card for me.

Ok, what did I miss for Custom Cards?

All my custom cards have an error: "Custom element doesnā€™t exist: "

Anyone else? Did I miss a breaking change? Did I miss something in the release notes?

I donĀ“t have a spotify player in the listā€¦

I have the opposite, now none of my lights show state or can be controlled through ZHA. I reverted back to 0.114.4 and everything works as expected.

Do you have the spotify integration setup? Are you even trying to get the mediabrowser to work with spotify? Or some other component?

I have set it up and yes I am trying to set it up with this component, I think it has something to do, that I canĀ“t control(skip ,pause, etc.) with this integration but i can see what is playing right now.
For the implementation I have followed the official docs

Awesome release as usual! Donā€™t think it was mentioned but I like how the initial loading screen now respects your light/dark theme preference so mine is now nice and dark as per my theme.

1 Like

I made a WTH WTH: Isn't Py-Spy integrated in Home-Assistant?

2 Likes

Wow this update is insane! Thank you!

Does your Shelly has firmware 1.8.x?