0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

Does anyone know how to disable the Media Browser for ALL users and devices? I don’t have a “floppy”, “cdrom”, or “usb” with any media, and I don’t really want to do it manually for each user and on each device. Thanks!

Hi! I have the same problem. From 115.2 modbus does’t read the state of the switches.

I just want to thank you for all the great upgrades to automations, with the wait for trigger-function and sub-second delays, I can finally implement double clicking directly in my automations.

0.115 broke my well working streaming of cameras to my Google Homes.

The changes to the camera streaming is not compatible with Google Home it seems. You get a black screen with a text and no video feed.

Github bug raised https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/40376

@jazzyisj @inkblotadmirer Thanks for your feedback. I went through and changed the extension on all of my yaml package files one by one and re-tested. Found an error in my surveillance package where several notifications had the following typo!:

"HIK entry intrusion triggered at {{ states('sensor.time' }}" 

It never spat out that error before so that is weird but I’ve now added the missing ) and we’re all good. Now I just have to figure out why my Google Homes start spitting out the old 20 percent error on HA restart.

Same here. Thanks for creating the github issue.

Is anyone else seeing the log spammed with ONVIF errors since updating to 0.115?

2020-09-20 14:43:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Failed to fetch ONVIF PullPoint subscription messages for ‘xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx’
2020-09-20 14:43:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Unclosed client session

The line - condition: "{{ something }}"in action/script sequences should work the same as other shorthand conditions. It doesn’t make sense to have to use the old - condition: template \ value_template: "{{ something }}" in some cases. It makes the entire shorthand system suspect hard to use.

How did you get your MP1 to work? I have removed by config and it isn’t being found

You need to add it via Integration page.
Go to Configuration->Integrations->Click the “+” button
Find BroadLink and enter the info for the powerstrip.
After it is added you will see autogenerated entities for each slot and you can rename them with names you are using in your automations or Lovelace.

Have problem with my Yeelight.
Get following error in log:

Logger: netdisco.mdns
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/netdisco/mdns.py:55
First occurred: 8:00:05 (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:20:57

Failed to add service YeelightColorBulb-1515.local.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/netdisco/mdns.py", line 53, in _service_update
    service.add_service(zeroconf, service_type, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/netdisco/discoverables/__init__.py", line 109, in add_service
    service = zconf.get_service_info(typ, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 2423, in get_service_info
    info = ServiceInfo(type_, name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 1773, in __init__
    if not type_.endswith(service_type_name(name, allow_underscores=True)):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 273, in service_type_name
    raise BadTypeInNameException("Type '%s' must end with '._tcp.local.' or '._udp.local.'" % type_)
zeroconf.BadTypeInNameException: Type 'YeelightColorBulb-1515.local.' must end with '._tcp.local.' or '._udp.local.'

Waht is the problem and how can I solve this?

1 Like

Thank you. I just saw it in the release notes too. Duh.

Hi frenck, thanks a lot. I was using a custom component which was outdated. Now everything is fine.

I have one question and don’t know why they don’t change that as well.

service_template can now be service
data_template can now be data

Why you can’t:

value_template > value ?

Would be nice to change that also right?

3 Likes

After update to 0.115.2 the Broadlink learn_command is not working anymore.
HA is not waiting for the IR to learn.
It also is not creating the Broadlink file at .storage

The use of the switch method is still working

It did work at 0.115

I do use NodeRED to handle this like:

[{"id":"c01438b8.345a08","type":"api-call-service","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"RM mini leer functie tv aan/uit","server":"783e002.7fe69","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"remote","service":"learn_command","entityId":"remote.rm_mini_remote","data":"{\"device\":\"TV\",\"command\":\"turn on off\",\"alternative\":\"true\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":370,"y":580,"wires":[["38a0ba2e.a27aa6"]]},{"id":"35bbe1f.0c3b51e","type":"inject","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":140,"y":580,"wires":[["c01438b8.345a08"]]},{"id":"94f85482.aec3d8","type":"comment","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"Leerfuncties voor de RM mini 3","info":"The learned codes are stored in the /configuration/.storage folder in a file called broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxx_codes.json. You can open this file with a text editor and copy the codes to set up a custom switch, but beware: the files in the .storage folder should never be edited manually.","x":200,"y":540,"wires":[]},{"id":"38a0ba2e.a27aa6","type":"debug","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"Learn ir","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","statusVal":"","statusType":"auto","x":620,"y":580,"wires":[]},{"id":"814a3dad.c0c03","type":"api-call-service","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"RM mini send tv aan/uit","server":"783e002.7fe69","version":1,"debugenabled":false,"service_domain":"remote","service":"send_command","entityId":"remote.rm_mini_remote","data":"{\"device\":\"TV\",\"command\":\"turn on off\"}","dataType":"json","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","mustacheAltTags":false,"x":350,"y":880,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"96cc3cda.e7f8b","type":"inject","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","x":140,"y":880,"wires":[["814a3dad.c0c03"]]},{"id":"5f5fab60.578724","type":"comment","z":"ecdb8f1f.6c03b","name":"uitvoer functies voor de RM mini 3","info":"The learned codes are stored in the /configuration/.storage folder in a file called broadlink_remote_xxxxxxxxxxx_codes.json. You can open this file with a text editor and copy the codes to set up a custom switch, but beware: the files in the .storage folder should never be edited manually.\n\n\nDe flows hierboven zijn de leer commandos","x":200,"y":840,"wires":[]},{"id":"783e002.7fe69","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"addon":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":true,"cacheJson":true}]

EDIT: I also tried the methode using: remote.learn_command at the developperstool at services.
This also not picking up the IR code and also not creating the broadlink file at .storage

EDIT2: I did find out that the device was switched off (I don’t know how that happened).
After switching on everything worked fine again
:relaxed: :relaxed: :relaxed:

Same here, i got a “always on” shelly one without battery. no connection.

Should I be seeing artwork when browsing Kodi media?

I do see the art in Kodi, but just blank boxes when using the media browser.

Your Shelly uses firmware 1.8.0 or later?

1 Like

Hi;
I have configured Spotify as media browser in HA 0.115.2
Works great, but how can I send the audio to any of my Google Home Mini? Is there any possibility to do that?
Thank you for your help!

2 Likes