0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH

More fool them

3 Likes

Donā€™t be that person. Read the release notes and in particular the breaking changes before updating. Itā€™s a required part of running home assistant. The notes are not written by the devs for fun, they take considerable time and effort. Theyā€™re there to help you so use them.

That would be this: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons/tree/master/check_config it is available in the official addon repository.

Itā€™s no substitute for knowing what is going on though.

3 Likes

You really should.

Agreed! But it did answer the specific point.

1 Like

I agree. I do check them most of the time. Been super busy lately and only got half way down the post. I was also eager to get my hands on the new media library feature. Did a backup first then hit update. I couldā€™ve rolled back but I didnā€™t notice the break for a day or two.

Just saying that anything that makes updating easier (checking integrations for breaking changes from the UI) would make our lives easier and cut down on the forum traffic for starters :slight_smile:

did you find the answer? i am also interested in this

Keep using that, it will be much much faster in 0.116 Improve performance of counting and iterating states in templates by bdraco Ā· Pull Request #40250 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

3 Likes

Awesome!, I have all uncommented atm, and my system is responding as it did prior to 0.115

Thanks!
I added the Spotcast component and itā€™s great!

Now it would be great to have the possibility of controlling the volume of each Google home mini from Home Assistant.

Can I do that?

Thank you again.

add a media card for each of your google homes , you can control the volume there

On new media cards there is no volume control. Or at least I donā€™t see it. Thanks.

Do what I do, skip all the new features and only focus on the breaking changes before updatingā€¦there may be 20 of them but it doesnā€™t mean each and every single one will impact you. This time around only Kodi and Broadlink were ones that needed my attention. Do all the fun new features AFTER updating HA. I do agree there is a lot in each post but if you focus on what really truly matters (i.e. a breaking change) its not that bad. Most of the time recently I had nothing to worry about. If you want good WAF you need to do your homework like the rest of us :wink:

3 Likes

That did the trick! Thanks.

After updating from release 0.114 to 0.115, problems started. A message appears on the browser what is in the mobile application ā€œUnable to connect to Home Assistant.ā€ after in the browser press the keyboard shortcut ctrl+f5 or just close the browser and reopen, after which it stops going into my Home Assistant. the solution to the problem is to clear the cookies, delete the site data, and then again have to configure the interface and re-enter the password. If in a browser it is more or less convenient on a regular computer, then in a mobile application on an android it is not at all convenient. There were no such problems with the 0.114 release !!

Hey! Congratulations for this update! For when is planned the update with the multiple shopping lists (it would be really very very practical)!

This might help

I use the custom mini media player card

1 Like

Yeelight no longer works on multi LAN. my home assistant is on my main network and lights are on IOT networkā€¦

any clue how I fix it?

Hi.

The codes in my customize.yaml files are not being loaded. Any clue?

Thanks,
Jose

How does the media browser work with playing local media externally via nabu casa? It seems to crash my connection to HA via the Android app.