0.117: Quick Bar, compact header, a YAML editor, XBox and Template types

…Forgot to add - selecting media player and typing text works as expected.

I tried searching but haven’t found anything. In the video @hunterjm demonstrated two features of the xbox integration. First ability to choose and play media and the second the ability to use your phone like a remote/gamepad to control the xbox. When I set up the Xbox integration I am not able to find how to do either of these things. It created a media player where I can choose apps and a remote to turn the xbox on/off. Any ideas what I’m missing?

There is also an example of remote (picture element card) that you can edit to work as shown in the video.

1 Like

And as for the first, go to the media browser tab in the sidebar.

I don’t have anything to contribute but I appreciate the hard work. I am actually feeling more comfortable with using automation, and automation is actually starting to blossom in this house.

1 Like

I was more thinking about “one-call-api” integration. :wink:
I don’t mean this in a bad way. I wait quietly because I really appriciate the hard work!!:grin:

working for me on 117.1 and then on 117.4 without issue.

arch x86_64
chassis vm
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.11
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.15
installation_type Home Assistant OS
os_name Linux
os_version 5.4.72
python_version 3.8.6
supervisor 2020.11.0
timezone Europe/London
version 0.117.4
virtualenv false

I rolled back to 0.117.1 and all working again?
Also noticed corruption when connecting with iOs app.

seems I’m not the only one

Not sure ofcourse, but guess this compact header is also ausing visual glitches on my android tablets around the house.

Just started to occur with this update…

Hi,

So I just upgraded to 0.117.4 from 0.116.4 and everything looks good.
Apart from the native Compact Header.

Some of my views are now corrupted. No header and /or non aligning cards.

After the demise of Custom Compact Header in 0.116.x I changed my Themes using Card-Mod as @Mayker suggested and the result was good.
Now, even if I revert to the default theme I still get cards not aligning ( I use card-layout).

So is there a way of turning the native compact header off?
I have been following this blog for days and seem to remember someone asking this question but I cannot find it or an answer. So if I have missed it my apologies.
Or do I have to re-configuring my UI yet again!!

No, just update your card-mod themes with the new code in the wiki.

Thanks for the VERY prompt reply. :slight_smile:

I would appreciate it if you could please send me that link.
cheers.

OK - So I have already used Thomas’s card-mod equivalents (as I said), however that doesn’t stop the native compact header from corrupting Thomas’s card-layout.

I remember that 0.116.x stopped some of the card-layout grid views from working as well.

Guess I’ll just have to modify again :frowning:

My apologies. So, now I look at the example code more closely, there are LOTS of changes from the version I used for 0.116.x , non are highlighted as being a fix for 0.117.x and native compact header though. Is there another thread should I be looking at for this?

Thanks.

It was remade from scratch. Try looking here:

Thanks, i will read that (it appears to be a long thread though :slight_smile: )

My point is there is no change management or timeline so it is difficult (if you refer back to the thread for an example) to understand or even realise that it has changed.
However now I know I will modify my config.

was 117.5 pulled? i dont see it yet

Ludeeus said all builds failed and there was no one there to press the button again when I asked him a few hours ago…