0.70: Facebox, SpaceAPI, Konnected Alarm System

It’s time for release 0.70. It’s a little later than expected because of a major overhaul of how our frontend is build. It should not have any impact on how the frontend looks or behaves. Thanks to all the people running the beta who helped test this. Right now it looks like Firefox is still having some issues running the Hass.io panel. We’re working on releasing a fix for that soon.

If you’re using custom UI or Panels, some changes have been made. Make sure you run the latest version. More info on our developer blog.

Talking about our developer blog, this is a new blog with accompanying Twitter account. This is part of our ongoing effort of splitting content and interaction for users and developers of Home Assistant.

One cool new component in this release is Konnected (product page). It allows you to connect your existing wired alarm systen and plug it … straigt into Home Assistant!

Another cool one this release is Facebox. It will allow you to do local face detection on your camera feeds. Can’t wait to hear the cool things people will do with this.

New Platforms

New Features

If you need help…

…don’t hesitate to use our very active forums or join us for a little chat. The release notes have comments enabled but it’s preferred if you use the former communication channels. Thanks.

Reporting Issues

Experiencing issues introduced by this release? Please report them in our issue tracker. Make sure to fill in all fields of the issue template.

Breaking Changes

Beta Fixes

All changes

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2018/05/27/release-70/
1 Like

Hello

I am trying to upgrade to 0.70 on hassbian and get the following error messages :
netdisco 1.2.2 has requirement zeroconf==0.19.1, but you'll have zeroconf 0.20.0 which is incompatible. crimereports 1.0.0 has requirement requests==2.12.4, but you'll have requests 2.18.4 which is incompatible.

Can someone please help? Thanks

1 Like

I get a couple warnings but they also showed up on 69:

python-jose-cryptodome 1.3.2 has requirement pycryptodome<3.4.0,>=3.3.1, but you'll have pycryptodome 3.6.1 which is incompatible.
pyatv 0.3.9 has requirement aiohttp<3,>=2.3.0, but you'll have aiohttp 3.1.3 which is incompatible.
crimereports 1.0.0 has requirement requests==2.12.4, but you'll have requests 2.18.4 which is incompatible.

I see some GitHub issues around these warnings so suspect they will get cleaned up eventually.

I m on 0.69.1 and I thought 0.70 was out hence why I tried upgrading. I have never used the beta versions before and don’t intend to.

They are just warnings. Pip 10 shows them. You can ignore them.

1 Like

I am getting no entities in the cards on two different HA upgrades in Safari / Edge and Chrome.

my only error

pyatv 0.3.9 has requirement aiohttp<3,>=2.3.0, but you’ll have aiohttp 3.2.1 which is incompatible.

Has anyone noticed any effect on Floorplan with 0.70?

Update floorplan to v1.0.8

1 Like

I had no problem doing the automated upgrade Hassbian from 0.69.1 to 0.70. I just made sure I updated and upgraded raspbian (sudo apt-get update followed by sudo apt-get upgrade) and it’s all good! No negative effects on any of my installed configurations that I can tell so far.

Receiving a front end error when trying to display the custom components ‘Alarm’ see post below:

Error seems to be related to window.hassMixins.LocalizeMixin

Ignore me its related to the Custom UI changes:

Cleared cache on all browsers and all it’s accessible. The Ios app, however, is not liking it. service_system.log/called appears continuously on its own and pretty much all is missing. safari is ok.

seems tts: platform: google is not working

1 Like

A write-up on using Facebox with HA is here:

1 Like

Why was Simplepush removed? The site is still up, and I’m still getting messages to my Android phone from my my 0.69.1 HA build. FWIW I’m in the US so maybe it is no longer available in some countries.

I’m seeing the same.

The iOS app is completely not usable. When an attempt is made to use it I get dozen’s of:

:0:0 Script error.

In the log’s. On the iOS app none of the groups panels are populated; just empty. Interestingly the only panels that do populate are ones with history_graph’s only.

Perhaps it’s GDPR related and all EU IP addresses are banned?

How did you update it?

We have had issues in the past where the trick was to use the following configuration for the frontend in configuration.yaml:

frontend:
  javascript_version: es5

For me the iOS app is working with 0.70 using the above configuration.

I had the blank cards pop up also. I needed to clear out the cache and it worked again.

In Chrome I used the Developer Tools > Applications tab > Clear Storage > Clear site data. Logged back into HA and it was all working fine.

I didn’t have issues with any other browser.

1 Like

Thanks, that worked. I also uninstalled custom ui which seems to give me the same issue in 0.70.0 even after I upgraded it yesterday.