0.84: Cloud webhooks, Wunderlist and USGS Earth Quakes

The log is always the first port of call.

Also this gives error. Having a hard time uinderstanding this tap_action syntax

- type: entity-button
    name: Turn Off first floor Lights
    tap_action: 
      action: call-service
        service: homeassistant.turn_off
        service_data:
          entity_id: group.first_floor_lights
    entity: group.first_floor_lights
    icon: mdi:light-switch
1 Like

Also this gives error

mapping values are not allowed here in "/config/ui-lovelace.yaml", line 715, column 24. 

Is this a bug or am I not seeing an obvious sintax mistake??

name: Toggle garden Lights
    tap_action:
        service: light.toggle
        service_data:
          entity_id: group.garden_lights
    entity: group.garden_lights

With every request to the classic UI, it prints the following error message to system’s log:

http://<hostname>/frontend_latest/bf7146608f595468a214.chunk.js:3157:1358 TypeError: this.config is undefined

Any ideas how to get rid of this?

I noticed this error when trying to edit the Lovelace UI from web.
The error disappears manually removing ID field.
The ID field was automatically generated by HA in some previous update. Is it still necessary or can it be removed?

2 Likes

correct syntax is as below, documentation is not correct

tap_action:
    service_data:

Doesn’t make sense to me like that…
What if I also add a hold_action? “action” is at first level what tells it to apply to tap_action or hold_action?

I think it,s more like that:

tap_action:
      service_data:

true yours is more correct

Looks like that RFXTRX is broken since the update. Component loads nicely.
But receives no more updates from the connected USB device.
I am running 0.84.2 on Ubuntu.
Have a RFXTRX433e connected.

TypeError: this.config is undefined

Still happening with Classic UI and 0.84.2 when opening “states” view … file a bug?

I have this error since update with DarkSky. If i comment DarkSky out of the config everything is fine.

You are right, haven’t noticed, that the Dark Sky Classic UI card is missing completely. Issue has already been reported as #2297.

1 Like

WRT a corrupt lovelace json file in .storage, restarting home assistant didn’t resolve the issue but just discovered that it was repaired after I updated HassOS (I’m guessing it was the system reboot that fixed it as the container is reloaded). I’m now back to the state where Lovelace is managing the front end.

Same here. Went from 83.2 to 84.1 and now 84.2. Nothing is displayed in the Overview screen, although Map, Logbook etc display. The States screen displays, but there are no entities. Using the legacy UI.

No sure if it’s related, but I had an issue with Discovery a little while back and put in an ignore for igd. The igd issue was fixed in a later release, but when I commented the ignore out the overview stopped working and I had to add hassio: into the configuration.yaml to get it working.

I got the same did you figure it out yet?

I upgrade from 0.83.2 to 0.84.2. Also I have read through what is the breadking change and mostly are lovelace. After installed and reboot. All my devices from frontend classic ui are dissapear switches, sensors, binary_sensors and so on. All are dissapear from frontend classic ui. When I look at the developer tools>states> all the entity_id are still there and show correct state. Did anyone found this happen like me and how to solve it?

Best Regards,
Sun

Same issue. Overview screen is now blank after update to 84.2 from 83.3. Going back to 83.3 for now which resolved the problem.

Nope, no idea. For me it doesn’t seem to change anything but it happens when I load my normal home page, not Lovelace. It only happens when I load the first page of my UI, the rest of them don’t cause an issue. I need to change some stuff to try and norrow down what is causing it but I haven’t had the time. Have you by chance renamed “default_view” to something else? I have and it only happens on that page of the UI.

Edit: I just tested it and the renaming of my default_view group fixed it. I’m not sure why it suddenly doesn’t allow renaming of that without erroring out but it doesn’t seem to break anything in the UI. It only gives the error when I load that page in the old UI. I’ll submit a bug report on github.

@AlmostSerious Thanks, this solved my troubles :+1:

I spent 3 hours trying to understand why Hassio couldn’t update from 0.82.1

@gbboy thanks for the tip. It was appdaemon causing these log errors, as it was still using a legacy api key. i’ve updated appdaemon to now use a long access token and this has eliminated the errors and allowed appdaemon (along with HAdashboard) to function again. Thank you.