1.5.0 Feedback

Yeah the info we’re about to give Home Assistant iOS - Home Assistant access is totally wrong…

What does it auto-detect as your home assistant instance in the config screen?
You deleted the app and redownloaded it? The official one, not a beta?

Like gnomesoup, I am also not using any advanced settings. I have the same problem that presents the same way.

I’m wondering if it’s got anything to do with my HA instance running in a Docker container behind the Docker bridge network. Does the iOD app’s discovery of the HA server require more than just port 8123 to be opened? Is there something else about a Docker install or that networking configuration that might cause this issue?

I figured out the issue and it has nothing to do with the app. Sorry for all the trouble.

I had the Hassio DNSmasq addon up and running. This apparently was keeping home assistant from being able to resolve addresses. I believe this explains the error related to https://home-assistant.io/iOS. Once I stopped the addon and setup a dnsmasq on an a different computer, things are working as advertised.

I did have to manually turn on “Home Assistant iOS” in integrations to get the check boxes to show up. My session did not auto discover the iOS component automatically even though I have discovery turned on.

Thank you for all your help!

1 Like

@Kazakaz @milosm are you still having problems with your iPhone 6s and location tracking? I am. No response here regards the issue as far as I can see unless I’m looking in the wrong place?

With the 6s I’ve noticed it still never says that a location update was from a background fetch, but I have also noticed that actions triggered from zone changes (enter/leave) do get triggered for the most part, but not as accurately as on my iPhone 8.

@robbiet480 , i think there was an iBeacon bug introduced between 32 → 34, which is also showing up in the 1.5 release. There are a few more details in this thread.

What are your thoughts?

It specifically says beacon exit was removed

I suspect the issue is with the enter events. From what i can see … the 1.5 app is detecting the ibeacon and start to trigger an update … but then checks against the DB and determines that the status is correct and doesn’t need to send one. Some part of the checking logic is not right because the status is ‘not_home’ and if it sees a beacon it should flip. v32 worked fine.

1 Like

Hi

I have the same problem, even if anything is allowed/enabled in the IOS security menu.

The message „re-enable motion?“ is displayed at any start of the app.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this behavior?

2 Likes

Build 32 detects iBeacon „enter zone” event but has other issue.

I guess that iOS app to avoid unwanted „exits” from zone caused by short disconnection with iBeacon, delay „changing zone” action for ca. 5 minutes. It’s really good idea but has small issue. For some reason (when I’m in iBeacon range or [perhaps] disconnected for few a seconds), iPhone checks GPS location in background and send it to HA. Then zone is changing to „outside” and there is no chance to automatic go back to iBeacon „home” zone. As I remember, as long as device is in iBeacon zone, HA should ignore any GPS changes. I can’t check it now, but I’m almost sure that only possibility to switch to iBeacon Home zone is to go outside Beacon range, wait ~5 minutes and go back.

Is there somewhere official to post bug reports? I’m not seeing that anyone is addressing bug reports here?

As always, raise an issue on Github. Here is the link for iOS

I am getting quit a few of these error messages:

2019-01-19 23:38:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service <ServiceCall notify.ios_iphonex (c:c2356029df30451bb437e1ebc296da70): message=<homeassistant.helpers.template.Template object at 0x6dad6590>, data=push=sound=MailArrived.wav>

I have added the wav files again using iTunes file sharing, restarted my phone and updated my notification push settings without any effect.

The WAV files are 48000Hz 32bit float PCM which is an identical format to the included sample files.

This has been happening for some time.

I solved the problem, but its still strange:

I first had to activate the fitness-protocol on the iPhone. After that i was able to allow Homeassistant to access this data. Don‘t know why Homeassistant need‘s this access.
In principle i would like to disable the fitness-protocol.

Kind regards

Thanks a lot, no it’s working.
Indeed it’s weird to have this acirivtated especially on the iPad.

Playing with the new release 1.5.0.

I have a couple of zones configured in HA, but only one of them I want the App to make use of.
Is there a way to tell the App to ignore a zone?
I have tried in HA config the following (under customize:) :

zone.<zone_to_ignore>:
  track_ios: false

(and track_ios: false appears in /dev-state as an attribute of that zone),
but the App keeps displaying that zone in its map.
I can change the location of the zone I want it to ignore, and the App picks up that zone’s new location, so it seems to ignore track_ios: false ???

On the new release I am experiencing a crash approx .5 seconds after loading the settings page on both an iphone 6 and 6s. Both previously working fine.

Edit: I am on .86b0

iOS push messaging seems to be particularly unreliable lately. Lot’s of these errors and missed messages:

urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='ios-push.home-assistant.io', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /push (Caused by NewConnectionError('&lt;urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x6dc3c550&gt;: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again',))

wmaker

Try ‘passive: true’ in the zone configuration.

…I can’t say why but its been working fine for a couple of weeks now (and oh yes, I do have passive: true )
Thanks.