1.5.0 Feedback

Hi,

After having used it more since build 26 was live. The random enter/exit via beacon does happen when the phone is locked but I have noticed it drastically increases when using the app itself.

Iā€™ve got a real fun bug in this build and the previous, and I just now figured out it was the HA app. Iā€™m not sure exactly whatā€™s happening but itā€™s fucking with my battery readings ā€“ my phone starts into a loop where it restarts every ~3 minutes or so. While itā€™s locked (during this loop), it always shows battery level being at 1%. Once I put in my passcode to unlock it or start an app from the lock screen (camera, timer, etc) it just back to whatever percentage it was at previously. A few minutes later, itā€™ll reboot again, repeat ad infinitum.

The only way that Iā€™ve found to STOP this loop is to straight-up delete the HA app. As soon as I do that, problem solved! Itā€™ll then go a few weeks before it happens again.

Iā€™m on a 64Gb 6s, latest non-beta version of iOS, latest beta build of HASS. I know thereā€™s a good deal of logging built into TestFlight and iOS so Iā€™ll be happy to send you whatever logs I can that would help.

@robbiet480

iBeacon seems to have gone very strange with build (27) it advises I have just entered my a region via iBeacon and I only have 1 beacon setup which is in my home. Even though it advises I have entered a region via beacon the status advises I am away when I am at home

Hello
I have problem with latest beta update.
On iphone 7 i have white upper phone status bar.
No antena icon, no clock or battery. only white bar.
On bottom where is config icon and update icon i have white bar.

No solution, sorry. But how did you change the top colour and icons in the bottom to match your theme?

Hi @WonderMoose

I use a theme somebody else created on a HA thread. I cannot remember which one it was but below is a copy of the theme config for the frontend.

Sorry I cannot be anymore help.

Thanks a lot. I will have a look into it :blush:

ibeacons are not working at all. Iā€™m going back to Owntracks.

Iā€˜m the only one who denies location services for the app? I get always the pop up to allow them. Even if I deny

1.5.0 (27) have solved this post (automation trigger on enter/excite zone when phone is locked)

will test tonight with the 1.5.0 (29)

Updated to 1.5.0 (29) as a final try before my planned switch back to owntracks and got the first ibeacon notification since I started using the app!

I am getting a ā€œLogin attempt or request with invalid authentication from 192.168.x.x (my HA ip)ā€ from my latest beta ios actionable notification. I am trying on the same lan as home assistant but with my https / outside url in the app. I used my legacy api password to setup the ios app and everything works from the app. I copied the ios actionable example but i keep getting invalid authentication. It use to work about a month ago. Thanks

tryied 1.5.0 (29) , and also working good for solving this post (automation trigger on enter/excite zone when phone is locked)

Yeah 29 is working well for me. I had what I thought was a beacon entry alert reported as an exit but it was just a quick exit/enter in succession as shown in the logs. I have found a beacon black spot in my house that needs filling in.

Done. Works ok now with 30

I cannot get gps or ibeacons to work properly. I disconnected my ibeacons to test and I received the exit notification and the device state changed to home. Later, when I tried the same, the state changed from home to away after disconnecting from the ibeacons but, I have a separate (not home) zone around my house so it should have shown this zone and not away. If I manually update the location, the state changes from away to this zone. This is on version (31).

Iā€™m on build 32 and have noticed that it doesnā€™t notify Home-Assistant when Iā€™m arriving home.

I have the iOS notifications configured to alert me when I enter a zone and I do receive the notification that Iā€™m in the home zone as Iā€™m arriving so it appears to be working. But HA doesnā€™t get the notification so my ā€œarrive homeā€ automations do not get triggered (they often run after Iā€™ve been home for 15+ minutes).

Iā€™m having the same issue. I get the enter zone notification, but doesnā€™t push to HA. If I do a manual update, it reports my location and triggers my automations.

I have an similiar issue.
My Tracking is on, but motion is off.
Everytime I Start the App, I get an Information, that it was previously activated but now itā€™s deactivated and if I want to activate it again.

First, I donā€˜t understand why this app needs the rights for motion and Fitness tracking.
Second, if I said no, it means no. There is no need to ask me over and over again :slight_smile:

Same here on 1.5.0 (32). Will revert back to v31 to see if that was the version where it still worked fine.