2021.11: Icon picker, device links and entity categories

Is anyone else having Homekit integration issues? I tried adding a new device to one of my bridges via the UI and noticed each domain under the domain selector is repeated twice. (see photo). I hit submit and select the new entity (zha switch) in ā€œincludeā€ mode. If I hit submit again, I get a ā€œUser Import malformed errorā€ and cannot proceed to the next step. Neither integration reloads nor core restarts solve the issue. Any ideas? Looks like others are having the same issue: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/homekit-error-user-input-malformed/353390
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 6.24.49 PMScreen Shot 2021-11-06 at 6.24.34 PM

Hello, petro, via usb debugging Ifound I have the same issue as in this issue: Lovelace hangs due to "Uncaught (in promise) RangeError: Invalid timeZoneName"

Uncaught RangeError: Invalid timeZoneName
at Function.a.DateTimeFormat.__setDefaultTimeZone (:8123/frontend_latest/94a4fdf6.js:1)
at Array.<anonymous> (:8123/frontend_latest/app.707ed561.js:1243)
at s (:8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1)
at n (:8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1)
at Object.callback (:8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1)
at n._handleMessage (:8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1)
at WebSocket.<anonymous> (:8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1)

and

Uncaught (in promise) RangeError: Invalid timeZoneName
at Function.a.DateTimeFormat.__setDefaultTimeZone (:8123/frontend_latest/94a4fdf6.js:1)
at Array.<anonymous> (:8123/frontend_latest/app.707ed561.js:1243)
at Object.s [as setState] (:8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1)
at :8123/frontend_latest/core.bba75532.js:1

And what is your timezone set to?

My timezone is set to Europe/Prague

Iā€™m right there with you. I have 82mil rows in dbo.states and am well settled into MSSQL.

here is the solution: After core-2021.11.0 & core-2021.11.1 Update, HA Mobile & Fully Browser on tablets, stuck on "Loading Data" Ā· Issue #59085 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

itĀ“s a bug of TimeZone format and for me solution was to change time zone to Europe/Osloā€¦ have a nice time!

solution: After core-2021.11.0 & core-2021.11.1 Update, HA Mobile & Fully Browser on tablets, stuck on "Loading Data" Ā· Issue #59085 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub

Are there any known issues with the AVM Fritzbox Tools Integration? Since the update, some device_tracker entities just vanished and some were disabled, even though they werelactive before Ive updated from 2021.10.6 to 2021.11.1

Some of my automations donĀ“t work anymore, since I made some conditions wether the device_tracker entity is connected to wifi or not.

I guess I could simply remove and readd the integration, but maybe itĀ“s some kind of bug.

Anthem AV integration still does not work. Entity is unavailable.

Posting in this thread will not net any changes or fixes to code. If you have an issue, open it up on github and follow the directions. Right now, youā€™ve provided nothing useful in regards to fixing any error. Simply saying ā€œXYZ does not workā€ does not help anyone figure out whatā€™s wrong. So please write an issue on github with a longer description than ā€œDoes not workā€. This can be done simply by supplying logs from config\homeassistant.log with some screenshots showing the issues.

1 Like

I did. In August. I provided my logs and a detailed description of the issue on Reddit and Github. I have received no responses. On Reddit I got one comment that said I have the same issue. So if somebody wants to assume HA users donā€™t know how to ask for help I can assume nobody cares about fixing the issue.

Then you have to wait until a developer of that integration picks up the issue and fixes it. If that integration has no code owner, you have to wait. Youā€™re always welcome to bump the issue to get more eyes on it. Posting here or reddit will get you none of that. The people making changes use github.

There is a breaking change in this release affecting several custom integrations:

This is affecting Magic Areas, Adaptive Lighting, Programmable thermostat and several others.

I see no issues on github linked to anthem av or any combination of letters that make up anthem av. Are you sure you created an issue? Did you create the issue against core?

September. Iā€™m sorry

Wrong location for the support issue (GitHub Support Community forum is for issues with Github). You should probably create one here:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a support community for github itself, no affiliation with home-assistant. You also didnā€™t include any logs. Create your issue against home-assistant/core located here:

Please post logs in the issue after you update and the entity appears as unavailable.

Thank you. I will do this.

Hello,

I have a raspi 4 with zwavejs2mqtt and deconz running on it. HA is a VM in VMware connecting via the websocket. Every time I update HA it requires an updated version of zwavejs2mqtt which breaks my zwave devices. All of my devices are still connected to zwavejs2mqtt but they always show up as generic devices in HA. Even if I name them within zwavejs they still show as generic node 26 et cetera.

How can I do this so that all the devices retain their device names during an HA upgrade or zwavejs2mqtt upgrade?

On a side note - I have to keep them separate because the raspi 4 is located near the center of my house and provides the best experience this way.

Thanks!

Anyone having problem in restore backup on the fresh install HA Supervised? I forget about this during my recovery process after breaking changes. The link is basically unclickable.