2021.3: My Oh My

Corrected it to every single line and word … But yes this way is possible, but for me a bad idea.

I think you must have been foreseen from something I haven’t had before because it was introduced in this release. Read above.

Please, please can we have a toggle to turn off pwnd password notifications?

5 Likes

Smooth upgrade, lots of cool staff :slight_smile:
But there is one change that I dislike very much - changes in UI editor in code mode… Now the card preview and yaml code scroll simultaneously, so if the code is long enough (most of my is) you loose easy way to preview the result of changes made without lots of scrolling. Other issue I observed is that code is not properly displaying during scrolling - part of code are not loaded into editor window (display is blank) and it is required to click somewhere in window with mouse to get missing code displayed:

1 Like

I don’t get this. You want someone to spend longer making a toggle than it would take to change your password?
I had two passwords flagged. Samba and mariadb. Changed both within a minute

1 Like

@ludeeus @Kouruu Thanks for the suggestions. However no Docker here, just Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, Python 3.8 venv and HA Core; nothing else on the machine.

No Docker to upgrade! Multiuple reboots - no help. HASS starts; just cannot setup these integrations - mobile app no-longer connects is the annoying issue,

Rolled back to machine snapshot just before Upgrade with 21.2.3 core - all OK. Nothing else happened in between, so it seems to be 2021.3.0 that triggers the issue leading to failure to load:

• cloud
  • mobile_app
  • default_config

Why would it then warn on older versions? :man_shrugging:

Sounds like you do get it.
I don’t want to have to change my samba password for example. I’d then have to go round all my devices that have it saved one by one updating it there also. It’s my password, give me the choice on whether I get nagged about it.

7 Likes

Not to complain but I had hoped that for instance someone had looked at the Homeconnect integration for washer and dryer. I am also still looking for some help how to move from the old to the new z-wave without losing all configurarion. But besides this, It looks good!

Just create an additional user for Samba on the Windows PC with a non pawn’d password. It’s not that hard. You will only need enter it once anyway and then never again for years.
For someone else who complained about ssh - make a private/public key and you will never need to log on again.

Getting some funny behaviour here also. Don’t mind the click to show more… but once I have scrolling back to the top has blanked so YAML out.

It comes back by scrolling or clicking back in it, but a bit of tweaking I think could be needed:

Great. If you have one PC, and no other devices with the password.
Else, not so great…

If you create a new user you don’t need to care about any other devices.

In each release there’s a section that mentions breaking changes sorted by integration. You don’t need to read all of them, just the ones you use.

1 Like

For all the effort of coming here to write about changing the password, they could have changed it by now

8 Likes

Nope, I get the pwnd warnings on an older version of HA… see screenshot.

1 Like

Still only solves the problem on that computer.
If you have a tablets and phones with the password then they also needs to be updated.

Now that we have settled the discussion that the password warnings do not belong in this thread, can we split the threads? And possibly merge it with the other thread.

They can continue to use the old insecure user - they don’t need to be changed

Had the same issue, while updating the AIOHTTP packages told me it was 3.7.x and was not compatible with Meross package. Version 3.6.2 was compatible, downgraded AIOHTTP but didnt solve this issue. Now downgraded HomeAssistant back to version 2021.2.3 and integrations started working again.

I’m running HA Core