2021.3: My Oh My

Yes there is. You can do it in your theme but unfortunately, like most of the theming stuff, there is not much documentation. All I’ve ever see was this offhand comment in the 0.115 release notes:

The code editor in the UI is now theme-able, so make them look nice!
0.115: B-Day release! Media browser, tags, automations & WTH - Home Assistant

Best way would be to use the browser inspector to determine the element to theme.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s something that you can inspect. The values appear to be sent to editor and the inspected values are properties of the editor. Probably will have to follow the code instead.

Erf… same problem with SQLite… it works a few minutes and then does not record anything in DB. So it’s not linked to MariaDB.
It is probably something I’m trying to insert in DB.
It was working fine for months, and it is still working fine with the previous core.

I will rollback core version, no choice for the moment, I really need recorder working for many things and automotions.

When I will have time fr investigation ,where should I look ? Nothing in HA logs. I did not check system logs.

We really need a theming reference. Though last time this was suggested I think the reason given for not doing so was that it’s still too much in a state of flux.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have a theme UI

3 Likes

Only if we can theme the theme UI.

2 Likes

Add a UI to theme the theme ui

1 Like

https://github.com/home-assistant/frontend/issues/8556

1 Like

From a quick inspection this is the only one I’ve changed:

markdown-code-background-color:

EDIT: Ah, but I don’t use the built in dark theme.

Untitled

There’s something in the home-assistant/frontend wiki.

1 Like

Thanks but it does not seem to contain the UI editor variables.

Not yet. It’s open to edit.

1 Like

I’m not arguing. Just explaining why I was in doubt: because “temporary” in IT world has pretty well defined meaning.
Also I answered you the question you asked on why not to disable integration. There is really no reason to be so unfriendly.

Why are backgrounded browser tabs with home assistant loaded disconnecting?

They did not do this in 2021.2

1 Like

They should? It’s a setting in your user profile.
Has been there forever, maybe a bug was fixed?

1 Like

Hmm. How did that get switched on?

Screenshot_2021-03-05 Profile - Home Assistant(1)

Thanks. :+1:

1 Like

Loving this new UI entering automations! And Im happy to see transitions on Hue Activate Scene. but sadly transition didnt make it to the UI you have to enter yaml-mode to enter transition. Hope to see it soon in the UI

translation issue is not solved with 2021.03.1

Or maybe a bug has been introduced. With that switch off it is still disconnecting.

EDIT: never mind, the internet connection dropped out.

We need the codemirror variables as I leaned on Discord, check the #frontend channel there