2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes!

Actually, this should just be advertising for your good work, but I hope more developers can support ZHA and more users will use this.

For Examples:
“Zigbee Network: In the future you can change network settings for ZHA here.”
Frontend optimization for groups etc.
documentation
ota updates
firmware updates for zigbee sticks like conbee

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSS!!! Thank you!

1 Like

Is there a way to use the new motioneye integration with the motioneye addon by frenck?
I tried to use the URL of the addon host http://a0d7b954-motioneye but this didn’t work.
Is there a better way or will this only work if motioneye is exposed to the world?

1 Like

Please fix the nuki integration issue, which started in beta 1.

3 Likes

I just updated my docker container on my synology NAS but now my USB connected devices won’t work (RFXCOM + slimme meter)

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AL18B4EL-if00-port0'
serial.serialutil.SerialException: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AL18B4EL-if00-port0: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_AL18B4EL-if00-port0'

if I go into the console, I see that /dev/serial/ doesn’t exist anymore. Does anyone have the same problem and a fix for this perhaps?

2 Likes

Thank you for this release!
Somewhere in november 2020 rebooting Home Assistant went up from a few minutes to 5+ minutes (reboot time measured from Home Assistant “stop” event, a VM reboot, to Home Assistant “started” event) .
Now with 2021.5 rebooting Home Assistant takes 46 seconds!
(Home Assistant running on an Intel NUC BOXNUC8I5BEH2,16 GB RAM, allocated 4 processors + 4 GB RAM in Proxmox, loading from a Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB SSD)

I updated my test instance (Home Assistant Supervised on Debian, RPI3) and it completed without a hitch.

The only Log warnings were for some Helpers that took longer than 10 seconds to load. I’ve seen it reported in previous releases and have ignored it; maybe it’s normal to take >10 seconds to load a few dozen Helpers on an RPI3. :man_shrugging:

Anyway, 2021.5 now clearly shows how long each integration took to load and that’s handy:

Screenshot from 2021-05-05 15-55-59

Thank you to everyone involved for your hard work!

A special note of thanks for the re-invented Template integration. It took several minutes of busy work to convert all my Template Sensors and Template Binary Sensors from ‘legacy’ format to ‘modern’ format but the end-result was worth it. Now all of them are neatly organized in one place, containing trigger-based and non-trigger-based Template Sensors and Template Binary Sensors.

It seems the Adaptive Ligthing integration is broken. I also restarted HA again, but lights don’t change levels anymore. Didn’t see this in the changelog. Anyone having same experience?

Reverting back to 4.6 now, which does work again.

Is there a perk to using the GitHub repo instead of the DockerHub?

1 Like

A custom integration. There would be no breaking change note for it unless the change were related to all custom integrations.

I thought it became part of core since it comes with HA since HA 117. So it’s still a custom integration, regardless if it now comes with HA?

It was never included in HA.

If you look where all of Home Assistant’s integration code is stored, there’s no Adaptive Lighting Integration.

In addition, it’s not present in the list of official integrations: Integrations - Home Assistant

Multiple adguard instances!!! Yes you guys rock!

No longer required. You still need to know them though to call the service.

I had the same issue and fixed it by adding this to my docker

volumes:
      - /dev/serial/by-id/:/dev/serial/by-id

then restarting the docker.

Anybody having issues accessing in an iFrame? I typically have the “organizr” app with HA open via the iFrame method. After this last update I get the login prompt and the “stay logged in” popup, but only the blue top bar and white background are shown for the main window. I’ve tried deleting site information, using incognito, as well as a different browser. Same all around.

1 Like

agree with you this was a flawless update, and yes, enjoying many improvements (I have already been playing with during 8! betas…) but exactly what is the advantage of rewriting all your template (binary) sensors?

Works great except HACS. At config/integrations it keeps saying failed to setup. ( instellen mislukt, DUTCH)
Already tried if deleting HACS and reinstalling would solve the problem, but it didn’t. It’s just a message, HACS works!

Other problem is in the log file:
Logger: root
Source: /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py:312
First occurred: 22:50:53 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 22:50:53
Uncaught exception

RuntimeError: module compiled against API version 0xe but this version of numpy is 0xd

1 Like

Ouch! You make it sound like I scrapped what I had and recreated every part of it in a new way. The conversion simply involved changing the names of several options and adjusting indentation. Now all my template-based sensors and binary_sensors are consolidated in a templates.yaml file. I prefer that compared to what I had before: Template Binary Sensors in one file (binary_sensors.yaml), Template Sensors in another file (sensors.yaml), and Trigger-Based Template Sensors in yet another place (templates.yaml).

completely trashed my ZHA network - ZHA service keeps crashing and having to tear it all down and start again. 2021.5 isnt great for me!