Hive Integration

Hi @Khole

After updating my HA to 2021.5 I have lost my hive climate. It says unavailable and I am planning to go back to HA 2021.4.6.

is this a known issue with the new HA release?

What version of hive are you using ? if you’re using the custom component I would think you need to upgrade that as well

I did not have the notification of the latest version of the custom component. I have updated it to the latest version and have updated HA to the latest version.

It seems to be working fine for now. Thanks.

1 Like

Just to +1 this. I’ve lost climate and my Hive plug switches. Temperature is still there, as are some of the plug sensors.

I’m using the normal Hive integration, not the custom component.

@DragonSorcerer so I managed to work the template by adding int

data:
        entity_id: climate.thermostat
        time_period: "01:00:00"
        temperature: '{{ (states("sensor.thermostat_current_temperature")) | int + 3 }}'

It works fine for me now i.e. raises the temperature by 3 degrees of the current temperature.

sorry @ajcooper72 I have no idea on the normal Hive integration. Try and report it on the blog post of 2021.5 or on HA github.

Here is the link: 2021.5: Stability, performance, triggers, color modes! - #13 by tozzke

Just to +1 this… me too. rolled back to 2021.4 for now…

mine also lost climate :frowning: rolling back also

What version of home assistant are you running when you updated to 2021.5.1 of the hive custom component?

For anyone wondering why hacs isn’t showing hive as installed this is due to a repository name change and a pull request has been raised to fix the issue. Once merged the issue will no longer be there.

a restart fixed the issue :smiley:

For anyone using the hive custom component version 2021.5.1 please could you also upgrade to the latest version of home assistant

1 Like

My water boost scripts and service calls from developer mode have stopped working:

Trying to turn on:

2021-05-08 17:42:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: 'WaterHeater' object has no attribute 'turnBoostOn'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 363, in _async_step
    await getattr(self, handler)()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 563, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1481, in async_call
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1516, in _execute_service
    await handler.job.target(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 630, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 658, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 726, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 695, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/__init__.py", line 106, in wrapper
    await func(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/water_heater.py", line 142, in async_hot_water_boost
    await self.hive.hotwater.turnBoostOn(self.device, time_period)
AttributeError: 'WaterHeater' object has no attribute 'turnBoostOn'
2021-05-08 17:42:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [139625019514400] Error handling message: Unknown error
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 21, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 482, in handle_execute_script
    await script_obj.async_run(msg.get("variables"), context=context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1209, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 345, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 363, in _async_step
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 563, in _async_call_service_step
    await service_task
    task.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1516, in _execute_service
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 630, in handle_service
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 658, in entity_service_call
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 726, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 695, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/__init__.py", line 106, in wrapper
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/water_heater.py", line 142, in async_hot_water_boost
    await self.hive.hotwater.turnBoostOn(self.device, time_period)
AttributeError: 'WaterHeater' object has no attribute 'turnBoostOn'

Trying to turn off:

2021-05-08 17:43:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Unexpected error for call_service at pos 1: 'WaterHeater' object has no attribute 'turnBoostOff'
    await service_task
    task.result()
    await coro
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/water_heater.py", line 144, in async_hot_water_boost
    await self.hive.hotwater.turnBoostOff(self.device)
AttributeError: 'WaterHeater' object has no attribute 'turnBoostOff'
2021-05-08 17:43:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [139625019514400] Error handling message: Unknown error
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/decorators.py", line 21, in _handle_async_response
    await func(hass, connection, msg)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 482, in handle_execute_script
    await script_obj.async_run(msg.get("variables"), context=context)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 1209, in async_run
    await asyncio.shield(run.async_run())
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/script.py", line 345, in async_run
    await self._async_step(log_exceptions=False)
    await service_task
    task.result()
    await coro
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hive/water_heater.py", line 144, in async_hot_water_boost
    await self.hive.hotwater.turnBoostOff(self.device)
AttributeError: 'WaterHeater' object has no attribute 'turnBoostOff'

Any Ideas Dev?

My hive.boost_hot_water service seems to have disappeared in the latest version :frowning:

Yes me too, not sure when it went missing, not used it for a while

Any ideas when the PR is being merged ?

1 Like

Same here. Gone since Core 2021.5.1 update. I use boost in automations on daily basis and now its gone. If devs could fix this would be really great. Thanks

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks to @Ovid for fixing the hot water boost and 2021.5.4 has been created for the custom component

1 Like

HACS is still showing I don’t have Hive installed any ETA on this fix ?

Thanks

You will need to search for hive again and install it as the repo name has changed so any old versions will be install under the old repo name.

1 Like