2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

Just upgraded to 2021.7.4, will see in a few hours. It should be solved there I believe.

Edited after 2 hrs: everything (related to modbus integration and multiple modbus instances) works :+1:t3:

2 Likes

The changelog/release notes will tell you. Why do people guess?

1 Like

Do you have multiple MODBUS instances? I had problemens right after startup and could not control my devices anymore.

did I miss anything in the 2021.7.4 release note that could block iOS connection to the instance? Im having issues with 2 of my instances, which on 1 I could solve by hard booting the Pi3. another just wont come back on the iPhone either Safari or Chrome browser (while it is perfectly fine on desktop now,) and I have SSH and SMB connection alright.

posted the only errors on the log in discord Discord

Already deleted the tokens, restarted the iPhone twice, deleted website history, and every time I get a new auth screen, after which Unable to connect to Home Assistant. RETRY is displayed…

ip is not banned.
please have a look if you can help me out get my instance back on iPhone?

Are you running the beta? I thought you were…

yes, it is marked for the beta, but that hasn’t arrived just yet, so this is still release 2021.7.4

just tried on on another iPhone, to make sure it was my device or not, and that too won’t connect. Making this a more generic certificate/iOS issue ?

Since updating to 2021.7.4, for the fritz box device_tracker my not_home/home status is switching from time to time although I am at home all the time. Haven’t had this issue with 2021.7.3 :thinking:

I meant the iOS beta version via testflight

o, no, I don’t use that.

thing is I have 3 instances, 2 of which can connect on my iPhone, it’s only the 1 instance. I’ve tried it all now network only, mobile only, IP address duckdns address. And it has been flawless for over 2 years…

even downgraded just now, but that didnt help, so I am back on 2021.7.4 :wink:
what else can I try?
dont suppose it is the aeotec zwave stick attached to the RPi…? how could that only cause issues on iDevices…

Try the beta would be my suggestion. There have been some changes in auth in the app recently.

yes, but I am not even using the app on this instance, only regular browser windows. I use the app for my production system.

next to that have always had 3 dedicated browser windows saved on desktop for my instances. 1 of those now won’t connect anymore

if no one is seeing this after updating to 2021.7.4 I’ll take it elsewhere…

Anyone else having Zwave issues when upgrading to the 2021.7.4? Every time I upgrade to this version (I’ve done it three times now) . I lose Zwave and have to restore to a snapshot with version 2021.7.1.

I have the ZWave plus Razberry2 plug on module board. When I lose the Zwave, none of my Zwave devices will respond to calls (the green light on the board just flashes). When I restore back to the earlier version everything works fine.

Upgrade to what version? “Latest” or “new” are not versions.

core-2021.7.3 bricked my system, presumably due to max/min changes.

I got stuck on the dreaded “Loading Data” screen after logging in and before lovelace loads. After hours of troubleshooting, I commented out all of my max/min entries in configuration.yaml and everything magically worked. I was methodical and only changed one thing at a time before testing in multiple browsers, and then restoring to previous state before trying something else, so I can definitively say this was the cause.

I’ll submit an issue with relevant logs in github when I regain my desire to play around with it.

Sorry, 2021.7.4

O M G !!! Finally Allow pymodbus to reconnect in running system (not startup) by janiversen · Pull Request #53020 · home-assistant/core · GitHub this happened! Now single modbus sensor unavailability does not affect requests to other sensors!
Great!

1 Like

Not with the recommended zwavejs integration.

Which integration are you using? The original zwave integration and the zwave2mqtt integration have been deprecated for many months.

That’s not an integration. it’s a way to run a zwavejs server that you can then connect to with the zwavejs integration.

and it’s not deprecated. it’s one of the two (OK three…) methods of running a zwavejs server for the HA integration to use.

3 Likes

Thanks.
I mistyped. I meant zwave2mqtt

Corrected.

1 Like

But…that’s not an integration either, tho. :wink: :laughing: