2021.7: A new entity, trigger IDs and script debugging

State conditions don’t have a default?

Issue after the recent update. Automation integration will not load. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: components/zha/device_trigger.py:33
First occurred: 10:34:12 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:34:12 AM

Invalid config for [automation]: InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig() (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 23).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/device_trigger.py", line 31, in async_validate_trigger_config
    zha_device = await async_get_zha_device(hass, config[CONF_DEVICE_ID])
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/helpers.py", line 162, in async_get_zha_device
    ieee_address = list(list(registry_device.identifiers)[0])[1]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'identifiers'

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 104, in _try_async_validate_config_item
    config = await async_validate_config_item(hass, config, full_config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/automation/config.py", line 72, in async_validate_config_item
    config[CONF_TRIGGER] = await async_validate_trigger_config(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/trigger.py", line 49, in async_validate_trigger_config
    conf = await platform.async_validate_trigger_config(hass, conf)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_automation/trigger.py", line 21, in async_validate_trigger_config
    return await getattr(platform, "async_validate_trigger_config")(hass, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/device_trigger.py", line 33, in async_validate_trigger_config
    raise InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig from err
homeassistant.components.device_automation.exceptions.InvalidDeviceAutomationConfig

I was looking at the wrong area. Might just be a bug.

1 Like

Hey @mmatesic01 what was the solution for this?

Same issue here.
Good idea to test first on my DEV container :slight_smile:

EDIT; What is special to our case? If it was rpi specific, I would have thought that half of the HA community would be complaining…

EDIT2: Ah, the supervised installs DO run privileged. Good to know…

Just want to chime in with a thank you for the ZWave multicast feature. Got it working easily. It cuts down time to open/close a dozen blinds significantly.

1 Like

@frenck do you perhaps have an example of a working derivative sensor yaml config?

Solved with the libseccomp2 bump from the blog post.
Thanks.

1 Like

Looks like TRIGGER_BASE_SCHEMA might have been renamed to DEVICE_TRIGGER_BASE_SCHEMA. I have a similar issue with my Vivint integration.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/51719

1 Like

I am having major issues with my Zigby controller after upgrading. Have tried several times, reverting to my snapshot each time with the same errors.

Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 492, in wait_for
    fut.result()
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

The full error looks like this:

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:152
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:34:21 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:34:21 PM

Couldn't start deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II coordinator
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 492, in wait_for
    fut.result()
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 152, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 74, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 93, in startup
    coordinator = await DeconzDevice.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy_deconz/zigbee/application.py", line 435, in new
    await dev._initialize()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/util.py", line 110, in retry
    r = await func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 178, in _initialize
    await self.get_node_descriptor()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 137, in get_node_descriptor
    status, _, node_desc = await self.zdo.Node_Desc_req(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/util.py", line 110, in retry
    r = await func()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 300, in request
    result = await asyncio.wait_for(req.result, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 494, in wait_for
    raise exceptions.TimeoutError() from exc
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

Looks like the controller will not load at all. Anyone else seeing this?

Hi @frenck, I upgraded from 2021.06.6 to 2021.07.01 this morning and since then InfluxDB standard configuration causes the “Configuration validation” button to fail (the spinner goes on forever). If I comment out my influxdb config, the config validation completes successfully.

If I try the “Restart Core” button in the System Tab, I get this error;

numpy.ndarray size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 88 from C header, got 80 from PyObject

Suffice to say, the InfluxDB integration has stopped working. This is my config;

influxdb:
  host: a0d7b954-influxdb
  port: 8086
  database: homeassistant
  username: homeassistant
  password: !secret influxdb_password
  max_retries: 3
  default_measurement: state

If I comment out my influxdb: section in my configuration.yaml, restarts work fine, and the configuration validator works fine.

This is very weird - any ideas?
Thx
JP

2 Likes

Please dont tag people (unless you were having a discussion way back in the history of the topic). See point 16 here.

Hi tom, sorry - I assumed that since Frenck posted the topic, and wrote the influxDB add-on it was within the guidelines.

I’m also having this issue.

Same issue here. My password has a ‘@’ and after replacing this was solved. Of course this is not the ‘@’ before the servername.

I think it’s in their best interest to do what the community would want, otherwise the project would die. I’m also pretty sure the number of votes isn’t the_only_ criterion they consider. Complexity, time to develop, etc. could mean that some other popular but not necessarily top idea gets developed first. Then there’s the question of bias: On the Internet, it’s easy to make a big noise if you try hard enough — doesn’t necessarily make it important. Add to this the fact that the project also has a general direction it’s taking and that people tend to overestimate their own ideas. There’s a saying that goes: “Users don’t know what they want, but they know what their problems are.” Among all of this it’s not trivial to decide which features to develop.

I see there seem to be a lot of automation developments over the past months and I imagine more are to come in the future. I’ve used node red for my automations (only because I wanted to teach myself node red) but I’m wondering whether I should continue with it or move over to HA’s native automation mechanism. Would any of the key developers offer any advice on this? Thanks