2022.10: All over the place

Correct, I deleted the custom timer from custom_componets folder as well as confirming my timer config in configuration.yaml was correct per the integration.

Post up your timer config as well as the error, I’m sure someone can help with those details. I have a suspicion your config conflicts with the stock timer integration variables.

For reference, once that was done the timer helper is no longer greyed out.

Thanks , Im going to revert to 9.6 where all worked, then remove all the timers from the config and helpers. Proceed to upgrade to 2022.10.2 and see if I can then add timers from helper hoping its not greyed out.

It wont allow me to remove timers from the helper when its greyed out in v 2022_10.2 so I assume I need to do it prior to update. Ill confirm in a few hours.

Running 2022.10.1 and attempting to upgrade to 2022.10.2

When running the pip upgrade command, all requirements are listed as satisfied and no update available. Is anyone else running into this?

pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant

Confirmed fix.

Before upgrading to 2022.10.1 or 2. - First remove all timer: items from configuration.yaml
Delete ‘Timer folder’ from config\custom_components . Then restart system, goto ‘helpers’ and remove cached versions of timers by filtering timers and selecting each timer > settings > delete. Once all removed, perform the upgrade and then add timers again one by one via ‘helpers’ only.

1 Like

Agreed 123. I’d probably use it if it retained comments. I rely on my comments ALL THE TIME to remember why I did something a year ago.

Lots of good stuff here, but I’m disappointed that History wasn’t fixed. I guess I’ll give up hope that it will ever be useful TO ME again and look for other alternatives to view my data effectively. :weary:

Am I the only one that can’t seem to get google calendars to work in this .10 release?

I habe a question for the new bluetooth proxy feature:
does it work with all ble devices or only with certain ones (is there a list somewhere then?)?

How stable is it and how many bluetooth devices per esp32? In the past the ESPHome run ESP32 seemed to be less stable than Tasmota ESP32 devices.

Looks like there’s a fix for the double sided switchbot operation in 2022.10.3.

EDIT - Confirmed working, left curtain opens both again

1 Like

I decided to try out the Netgear integration with this release and am finding some odd behavior. It creates a lot of entities, a few for everything attached to the network. That includes my 5 HomePod minis, AppleTV, a video-doorbell, and of course a bunch for the router itself.

The link rate and link type seem to be working, but the Signal Strenght is always 100% for all devices, even after I power them off and the Router shows the gone. The link rate also stays as it was when the device is gone as well. Hmm… The Netgear entities all seem to be working OK, including the Traffic data. Cool. anybody else seeing the weirdness with states not updating when devices disconnect (or is that a feature)?

I tried google calendar today with .10.3 but had no luck.

Best regards,
Stefan

As I skipped HA version 2022.9 and jumped from 2022.8.7 to 2022.10.2 I’m not sure which version caused this but now my light automations fail with the below error.

Light: Turn on
Stopped because an error was encountered at October 11, 2022 at 15:50:45 (runtime: 0.00 seconds)

extra keys not allowed @ data['white_value']

Reference code:

- service: light.turn_on
        data_template:
          entity_id: light.ensuite_lights
          brightness_pct: "{{ state_attr('switch.adaptive_lighting_ensuite', 'brightness_pct') | int(100) }}"
          rgb_color: "{{ state_attr('switch.adaptive_lighting_ensuite', 'rgb_color') }}"
          white_value: 0

Looking in the HA docs I’m guessing white_value: 0 should actually just be white: 0 however this previously worked and I don’t see any noted breaking change relating to this.

Any ideas?

It was in .9. Look thru the release notes.

Thanks. I did look but somehow missed that. :man_facepalming:

Netatmo climate still broken in 22.10.3

Cant understand that. If there is an official integration why doesnt netatmo test it or the developer before releasing it? That has allways been a hugh Problem with Home assistant, no testing at All. Just Release it an let the users be the alpha tester! Third time restoring Backup with 22.10.

Which of these issues is yours then? Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Did you participate in beta? If so, don’t moan about testing.

5 Likes

No Netatmo Climate problem here…my two thermostats are working perfectly as per usual so maybe it’s something specific to your installation.

If you share logs, etc you’ve a better chance of getting help…

2 Likes

I see the workday sensor has a breaking change however on upgrading I get the below config error

Invalid config for [binary_sensor.workday]: Country is not supported. for dictionary value @ data['country']. Got 'IM'. (See ?, line ?).
Workday
Due to changes in the upstream library, the following is no longer supported by the Workday integration:

UK subdivisions (Wales, Scotland, England…) can no longer be provided as values to the country configuration key. They are still available for use as values to the province setting.
IsleOfMan is no longer a recognized province of the UK, use the IM code for the country instead.
The extended Portuguese holiday set (PortugalExt) is no longer available as a separate country; instead you should use the country code PT and the province Ext.

No beta here and never was. And i get all 4 of these Bugs, reproducable. Revert to 22.09.7 and everything is working fine.

Netatmo also rename some entitys while updating to 22.10.x so there are 5 Problems over all. The most anoying is that presets (frost guard, away, schedule, boost) dont work anymore. There are several different error messages netatmo server Returns depending on which preset is selected. Even if i ignore all of that Update and change entity namens to new ones there is a massive delay (like 3-5 Minutes) for netatmo stats to update in Home assistant. Looks like nothing is realy working, sadly.

I already deleted everything related to netatmo and tried to setup everything from scratch, same results, no preset is working and massive delay.

Netatmo released a new API and HA followed suit. Post your issues on github. Be grateful people are trying to make your devices work with the update that netatmo is pushing out. Otherwise you wouldn’t have any working devices if/when the old API is shut off.

6 Likes

on the huge list of cryptic iBeacons, every once in a while, something more deterministic pops up. However, this I can’t find: N/G 3718. Anyone have an idea what that could be? The GVH devices are my Govee temp sensors, but N/G 3718 seems unknown to me completely.