2022.10: All over the place

Probably something outside your house

Googling N/G BLE turns up a Contiki NG bluetooth low energy API. https://github.com/contiki-ng/contiki-ng

No idea if that’s your device or if that’s what’s producing the N/G.

1 Like

don’t have 2022.10 yet. Is it possible to opt-out from scanning/recognizing bluetooth devices?

Yes, don’t add bluetooth: in your configuration. Fair warning, it’s part of default config.

it’s not mine :wink: thx.

guess it’s safe to delete. (thing is we get huge amounts of these beacons, and I dont like ending up with them all ‘disabled’)
For now let’s put up with deleting them (even if they re-occur), and hope somehow we can soon only discover named devices.

thank you.
Wonder why this is not the same with shelly integration.
I suppose in case of BT, without bluetooth: in config no bt stack is even created

There is for shelly, zeroconfig. But you’ll lose all network scanning and discovery. It’s also part of default_config.

FYI everything is an integration and pretty much everything can be shut off.

EDIT: Looks like zero config doesn’t do that for shelly. It’s probably discovery: then.

btw, do we already have a WTH on why our mobile devices aren’t tracked in any BT (ble or not) tracker integration…? Before, my handhelds, keyboards, mice, headphones etc were all recognized within a blimp.

Currently, with all new trackers, a BT extender and several BT proxies, none are…
Almost ready to re-instate a Pi with 2022.7 and the legacy platform: bluetooth device tracker. Almost. If it didnt cost me the additional 5 watt’s…

2 Likes

Most phones require extra software to become a BLE emitter. So I don’t think they will show up without a pairing interface.

1 Like

I didnt know that, cool.

However, thats looking form the ‘faulty’ device perspective, while mine was more of a HA functionality loss pov.
Hope this will soon be brought back to HA, as it is (should again be) truly core functionality: tracking these devices out of the box.

1 Like

yes, that would be possible, but why? Personally I find it one of the most innovating developments in current HA.

The sheer thrill of opening a newly delivered sensor, pulling the plastic tab from the battery anywhere in the Home and immediate notification of a new discovery in Ha is quite addictive…

You can opt out by checking the boxes to not find new things. I forget the name in the UI. You will still find things on first loadup, but it will stop after that.

you mean this:

or was your reply not intended for me… sorry if so

Yeah, that

Because, regardless how innovative it is, not all HA users want to use BT devices and/or be bothered by neighbors’ devices.
Shelly integration was also innovative and annoys me till today (in fact it forces me to have a mockup of non-functional shelly integration in custom integrations).

Nice to see iBeacon tracker may be globally disabled. It’s really step toward forward-thinking.
Not sure it disables recognition of all BT devices hovering around. Seems it’s only ibeacons related. But I’m not into BT tech thus I might be wrong.

sure, I see that. Though, the BT wont show you your neighbors devices, unless within 10m or so?
ble tracker is an entirely different beast (showing huge amounts of those) but you have to explicitly set it up in yaml.
iBeacon integration can be easily ignored, and I’m sincerely considering that myself. Only my curiosity is withholding me to do so just now.

leaves you with the BT integration itself. You can ‘not install’ that, with a small effort. You’d have to stop using default: as Petro already pointed out (is what I do indeed, for the sole reason I don’t want a Map in my left side menu…)

So, all in all, users have loads of options, (though some more iBeacon control wouldn’t hurt… :wink: )

1 Like

need another WTH for the Map thingy. shouldn’t be big…

Thanks for thinking with me. I couldn’t access the internet for a few days because I switched providers. Never do it before the weekend when the wrong cable comes with the modem.
Anyway. I still have the same error. Even after I deleted all the files of AppDaemon from HA. I deleted the addon AppDaemon and added it again. The files were restored by the addon so that only the app ‘Hello world’ was available and nothing else. Started up and yet again:
“HASS: Error getting Home Assistant state for None” etc…
I am running Debian 11 (Bullseye) on a supported version of HA supervised.
I just don’t know about it any more. And I don’t have enough knowledge to look under the hood.
Bye the way: Don’t mind the fake dash_url. I changed all url’s to something what came up spontaneously. :crazy_face:

Anybody know?

Please don’t bump your issue after less than 24 hours.