2022.10: All over the place

What is going on with Statistics card?
With “period: 5minutes” earlier it was displayed for no longer than 10 days, now it is for 7 days only.
If it is related - my Recorder’s settings is “purge_keep_days: 10”.
I really believed that ANY statistics is kept forever.
Described this issue here & here.

Just resolved up upgrade from 2022.10.2 to 2022.10.3 issue - seems that if you have Portainer-ce installed as a separate docker image on your host that it will no longer upgrade.

Not sure why this is the case - my Supervised installation has been like this since I first built it over 2 years ago yet it breaks now?

Interestingly one of my test instances running on Ubuntu server still has portainer running and is fine…

If you don’t follow the instructions, it will break.

there’s nothing in the breaking changes that said this would happen - it won’t even upgrade if the container image is still on the system…

There’s a thread somewhere about disabling that check on your system.

1 Like

You didn’t follow the instructions when you installed portainer, because the instructions say it is not allowed to install other software

The link to ADR14 is the first link in the supervised install instructions. Clearly many people have not read and/or understood what it says.

You don’t get a ‘breaking change’ notification when you broke it yourself.

1 Like

thanks @petro I’ll go looking for it.

the whole idea of dockerising something is that you can run other containers on the same host. I run a managed environment, everything is updated which is my choice. If something stops working having worked for 2 years, then it’s a breaking change, irrespective of the instructions.

The fact that I can’t have the docker image for portainer-ce sitting on the filesystem is a concern - what will happen should that be extended to shell scripts, etc that guys call from within Home Assistant ?

I use a template sensor with the ibeacon from my andriod to reduce the logging (by removing various attributes) and also to only switch to ‘off’ if it’s in the off-state for 90 seconds

My raw data looks like the teeth of a comb

My “smoothed” data looks like this

1 Like

I’m curious to know if you experienced any speed difference with the new single dashboard and subviews compared with multiple dashboards

Yes, It’s a shame that “Ignore” does not stay sticky in the .storage folder files

OTOH you knew this when you installed supervised. Why complain now? If you don’t want to go with the restrictions of supervised, don’t use it. Find another way, like proxmox. Not that hard. But I suppose moaners will moan.

Also this has nothing to do with core 2022.10.

1 Like

Looks like Home assistant Stopps being what it Was, a friendly community thats working together. Nowadays there are to many people having too much free time and being unpolite, rude and even insulting (indirect). And i dont speak about the average User which are Posting their Problems. I speak about Moderator! And some users that are answering over and over in a way thats just saying “go f*** yourself” if you dont know this or that.

Home assistant has become a Company thats selling products and making money with it. Oh Yeah the Software is free but way over 50% of IT was already there or made by users and not the Company behind it. With These changes there must be a good Support and polite way to communicate with users. NABU Casa, you cant go on this way with These Kind of Moderators and Nearly no official Support. You took the wrong corner, turn around and Look what you have forgotten in the last year. And get rid of These Kind of Moderators and users.

You joined 1 day ago. In that time, you have posted three messages, each more rude. Stop it or go away.

If you really want help, @petro has given you good advice about posting to github. His reply may have been a bit peremptory, but I am guessing he was responding to your obnoxious attitude.

And if you are really serious about Netatmo (the company) testing the netatmo integration [1], please copy in your discussions with them. I am sure the devs here would like more manufacturer buy in, so if you manage to get Netatmo to support HA, you’re on a winner.

[1] referring to this comment

3 Likes

And how exactly did I insult you?

5 Likes

One thing I am having issues with is getting devices moved from the bluetooth plugged into my home assistant server to a bluetooth proxy. I tried deleting it and bringing it back online but no dice. I am not sure if that is because my ESPHome hasn’t updated to 2022.10 or if I am doing it wrong. One of my locks is on the other side of the house so using a WiFi proxy should give it a better connection? I guess I wish it was easier to tell what proxy is adopting it?

O I have re-designed my dashboards around Buttons and Subviews now… It is a real game changer on mobile.

Funny thing is that even with the extra taps everything seems faster and more responsive as there are fewer data driven widgets per view, my initial dashboard is mostly buttons and loads MUCH faster now.

Now if we only had some more customization options for the headers like auto hide etc… Still take up too much space on mobile.

Regarding headers. I use this HACS frontend part. Works perfectly for removeing the top header.

2 Likes

camera.record broken after update to 2022.10.3

After Updating the recording isn’t working anymore.
Start to record →
TEST.mp4.tmp gets created with a filesize > 0KB →
after a while TEST.mp4 gets created with a filesize of 0KB

The .tmp file has the video, which I can play.
The.mp4 file is empty.

The log gives the follwing error:

2022-10-13 19:05:33.422 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error executing service: <ServiceCall camera.record (c:01GF94XGE0DC1480XYGS9MRPG3): duration=10, filename=Template("/config/www/TEST.mp4"), entity_id=['camera.dafang_1_generic'], lookback=0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1756, in catch_exceptions
    await coro_or_task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
    await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 207, in handle_service
    await service.entity_service_call(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 678, in entity_service_call
    future.result()  # pop exception if have
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 931, in async_request_call
    await coro
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 715, in _handle_entity_call
    await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/__init__.py", line 981, in async_handle_record_service
    await stream.async_record(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/stream/__init__.py", line 528, in async_record
    await recorder.async_record()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/stream/recorder.py", line 199, in async_record
    await self._hass.async_add_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/stream/recorder.py", line 177, in finish_writing
    write_transform_matrix_and_rename(video_path)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/stream/recorder.py", line 157, in write_transform_matrix_and_rename
    read_init(in_file), self.stream_settings.orientation
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/stream/fmp4utils.py", line 149, in read_init
    return bytes_io.read(24 + moov_len)
MemoryError

It worked before updating to 2022.10.3 & OS 9.2

My system:
Home Assistant 2022.10.3
Supervisor 2022.10.0
Operating System 9.2

Kindly create a github issue for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes