2022.10: All over the place

Try this.

or this (this is simplier, and it worked for me)

I see similar behavior for a Tesla Model 3 being detected as an iBeacon, very nice! But not so nice i have a lot of entries now which are similar but keep changing

i am having a strange issue, under the integrations tab, any zha config turns out to ā€œError while loading page dashboardā€. other config tabs do nothingā€¦I cleared the cache ā€¦ but to no avail.

Ooooh must try putting a bluetooth proxy in my garage.

Without sharing details about yours, how do you recognize it as a tesla, or yours? Iā€™m still trying to find my M3

Mainly the timing of the away/home status is my way of identifiying. But Iā€™ve also seen a similar identifier before when scanning for bluetooth. This is the format I see: S60x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x 0x0x

1 Like

If youā€™re in the UK, the standard and the plus versions are on sale at Amazon at ~Ā£13 with a voucher. I have one of these (paid Ā£19.99 from Switchbot) and they were discovered as soon as I put the batteries in

4 Likes

having played with the new sub-views, I am a bit confused whether I have the correct approach. Using yaml mode, I want my sub-views in a dedicated folder and link to them from variuous dashboards.

Apparently, since they are actually Views, they need to be in a dashboard (of their own, in my wish to have them all together). Config for that:

# need this 'fake' view to be able to list them in a 'repository of subviews, and link to
# them from other subviews in YAML mode
    ui-sub-views:
      mode: yaml
      filename: dashboard/dashboards/ui-sub-views.yaml
      title: Sub views
      icon: mdi:subtitles
      require_admin: true
      show_in_sidebar: false

and the lovelace dashboard:

views: #!include_dir_merge_list ui-sub-views

- !include ui-sub-views/subview_Marijn.yaml
  - !include ui-sub-views/subview_energieprijzen.yaml
  - etcetc

the dir_merge_list didnt work. had to verbosely list them as posted above.

It would be much better if we could simply include those subviews like any other linkable yaml Frontend config. And have them in a folder of or liking, at least not requiring it to be a ui- folder, and configure it like that.

Is this the only way, or am I missing out on something. The docs are awfully lacking info on this, and before I suggest a better text, need to understand better.
thanks for having a look

I just ordered 2 before seeing your post, so very pleased to see your post and know that they are P&P. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have the same problem as you and for now I solved it by installing in Node-red node-red-contrib-netatmo, still the lag remains, but at least the presets work

Hi,
with 2022.10.1 appear error ā€œComponent error: mqtt - No module named ā€˜numpyā€™ā€ but i canā€™t see any breaking changes about mqtt.
Why it happens?
Thank you

Does it still work?

Did you ever get a response on this? Iā€™m not a fan of the rounded corners either, to be honest.

Honestly, Iā€™d rather be able to edit the automations where they are, instead of migrating them to the automations.yaml file.

Anyone finding the switchbot going unavailable every day?

I have to reload the switchbot Intergration daily.

Using Bluetooth proxy

No idea why youā€™re replying to me; I donā€™t use the Automation Editor.

@daywalker03 @mekanics it might be possible. Search for ā€œcustom.jsā€.

anyone seeing this behavior in the editor of a helper? Group in this case:

No Update button displayed, only a vague grey area:

when clicking that:

weird.

update
a cache thing ofcā€¦ cleared, restarted, cleared again, and its back. Submit (and not Update)

Hi all,

After months of changes in HA, a few days ago Iā€™ve decided that itā€™s time for me to upgrade to the October 2022 home assistant supervised version. As a side note, I am running HA in docker and most of the time offline for security reasons.
Everything went smooth, updated the ad-dons hacs cards, etc. Great experience at the beginning!

Disconnected HA from the internet and after a few hours some issues started to appear.
My synology server along with another NAS server, were no longer available in the media folder. Instead, there was a message on both servers, indicating that my servers (ip address) were not connected on the listing port. Few minutes later, the message changed to DMS not connected.

So I went back to the DLNA integration and removed the servers. Rebooted HA and the servers were no longer automatically detected by home assistant. In addition, I noticed that hacs no longer loaded the cards. So, I started to panic and restarted the internet connection to update the cards from hacs, as I was getting a list of available updates. Hacs will reload the cards but only with an online HA restart.

After the update, went back to the media folder to copy the error message in relation to my servers and to my surprise, the servers were again available to install and configure. After completing the configuration, my shares were back in the media folder. However, turning the internet off again, got me back into the above listed issues.

Did a small investigation and noticed that HA is changing the hosts network settings, via the network manager (linux in my case).

In addition to the above, having HA offline does not provide the best experience, when I need to troubleshoot, reconfigure an integration offline, or using the integrated media manager. This is due to the fact that the icons appear to be cached into the viewing device when connected to internet and not locally in HA. The icons disappear after a reboot. Trying to find an integration without icons, sometime becomes a hassle, since some integrations do not provide a name, or a better visual indicator.

My question are the flowing:

1. Is home assistant no longer promoting an offline experience and is becoming more dependable on  the internet?
2. I am concerned about the security of my personal data and would like to keep it that way. Why is HA changing/redirecting the NAS network connections based of the internet connection? Are now the NAS devices dependable on the internet, to have them integrated in HA?
3. Are there any security audits done on the HA application and integrations, to see if the security is compromised?
4. Is there any chance that the user experience would be improved for the offline usage of home assistant?
5. Hacs is a great tool to update the cards and integrations in HA. Why doesnā€™t work offline?
6. Aside of having the HA controlled remotely what other aspects of home assistant rely on the internet connections

Thanks for your work your attention and the amazing home assistant application!

Did anyone else have their counter helpers stop working after 22.10.4? - they work in 22.10.3-

Message from the logs:
Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(ā€¦), ā€˜Could not setup dependencies: counterā€™)
Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: counter

They are set up with the UI and not YAML, If i want to add another counters helper itā€™s grayed out and cant click it.