2022.11: A heck of a release!

I have posted a solution for the graphs twice, read the thread :slight_smile:

The existence of an imperfect workaround using third party code doesnā€™t mitigate the inanity of the decision requiring the workaound.

8 Likes

Very true.

A post was merged into an existing topic: 2022.11: Card borders

Automations that you trigger while you brush your teeth I guess, e.g. a counter for children to do it for a certain amount of time.

Is it me or are the preview pop-up for camera feeds way smaller now?

I have a cam feed on my dashboard. Normal card. One MPEG feed and one Amcrest Feed. Previously I would tap one and it would display a popup with a much larger video preview and then the playback controls, volume, etc. This was probably 2-3 times bigger than the usual card. Now - the pop-up is roughly the same size as the original card. Is this normal? How can I change?

Iā€™m real hesitant to enjoy these display and UI tweaks. They arenā€™t voted on by the community and they seem to cause more trouble than usefulness. Especially since there are a lot of UI bugs that should probably be fixed before theming and such. Like after many releases - the date pickers are still messed up. If I click the ā€˜endingā€™ date - it forces me to select the whole range again. Canā€™t even enter a date manually. So if it were me i would be fixing those things before thinking, hey we need a border around the elements now.

4 Likes

I just tried to retart today and get the same warning, after searching I found your post as well as the github issue.

Package rest setup failed. Component rest cannot be merged. Expected a dict.

Butā€¦ what is the final resolution. What do I need to fix.
Thanks to everyone for all the hard work.

We need to wait for the fix to be merged. Or dl the fix from epenet s repo and install it as Custom component ( I did that, and it works as before)

Not familiar with this.

Would you mind providing a link.
Thank you

I guess you best wait for the fix, I should think it will be published in a hot fix soon

The link btw is in that issue I posted earlier

I noticed my popup is smaller now as well after upgrading. My fallback for now is to go fullscreen on the popup

This doesnā€™t work for ssdp all of the timeā€¦

The Gas section of the energy dashboard contains a bug. It is not possible to add new (-additional) gas entities. They are not showing up, even with the right class.

You have to configure them to show up in the energy dashboard, are you doing that as well?

Any ETA on patch 3?
Anxiosly awaiting the RESTful integration patch :smiley:

2 Likes

I am trying to update Core to 2022.11.2 from 2022.10.4, but it endlessly loops and never finishes. I am using HAOS in VirtualBox. If I reboot the supervisor it shows it is still on 10.4. Same thing happens if I try to update the Supervisor from 2022.11.0 to 2022.11.1. Is it just me?

PS. I am now unable to take backups from the interface as it keeps complaining it is in startup state

ā€œCreating a backup is not possible right now because the system is in startup state.ā€

see Supervisor 2022.11.1 wont install Ā· Issue #4003 Ā· home-assistant/supervisor Ā· GitHub

1 Like

Thank you!

So this is what happened: Supervisor 2022.11.1 wont install Ā· Issue #4003 Ā· home-assistant/supervisor Ā· GitHub

thanks @CentralCommand and @bdraco for helping us out!

you can fix the supervisor issue by entering

version="2022.11.2" arch=`docker image ls | grep -- '-hassio-observer'  | awk '{print $1}' | awk -F/ '{print $3}' | awk -F- '{print $1}'` && docker pull "ghcr.io/home-assistant/${arch}-hassio-supervisor:${version}" && docker tag "ghcr.io/home-assistant/${arch}-hassio-supervisor:${version}" "ghcr.io/home-assistant/${arch}-hassio-supervisor:latest" && docker stop hassio_supervisor && docker rm hassio_supervisor

in the Community Add-on: SSH & Web Termina with Protection mode disabled. (note: not the core add-on, that wonā€™t enter the Host system).

Or, alternatively, enter the same command in an external Terminal window and shell in to port 22222 (see here how to do that)

After that, your system will breathe again, and Supervisor is auto-updated to the latest.

You can also use a keyboard and monitor directly to the device the HA instance is running. see: Supervisor 2022.11.1 wont install Ā· Issue #4003 Ā· home-assistant/supervisor Ā· GitHub

5 Likes

@CentralCommand @bdraco

update

seems the script can lead to confusion for non-beta users, as their ā€˜latest_versionā€™ upon using ha su info in a terminal is not 2022.11.2, but 2022.10.2.

so, if you dont use the beta channel for Home Assistant, you should lower the script to that version 2022.10.2?

please confirm if this is best?
Or, just let it be 2022.11.2, and have a newer Supervisor than the beta channel supposes

1 Like