2022.3: Select and play media

Thanks for the links, Marius.

It would’ve helped, I agree. Perhaps a diff between the last 2022.2 release and this one on those files would help.

I was planning on making a list for myself anyway. I’ll share if/when I have something.

Mine is still working.

One shelly device became unavailable, I reloaded the integration and all was fine.

After upgrade to 2022.3.0 my shelly integration gives an config error. What’s wrong? nothing breaking mentioned in the release notes. Reloading did not work for me

Logs logs logs.

Nothing mentioned in the logfiles. Only a message in the notification area

How is it achievable? Docs still mention only 2 sources: TV and HDMI

2 Likes

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:155
First occurred: 10:46:58 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:46:58

Setup failed for shelly: Requirements for shelly not found: [‘paho-mqtt==1.5.1’].

And when i try to add Shelly as an Integration this Message is displayed:

“Config flow could not be loaded: 500 Internal Server Error Server got itself in trouble”

I did it yesterday. It was quite straight forward actually! :slight_smile: Remember to comment out your yaml config of the old integration once you’re done or it will be imported again on a restart. That was my only issue.

1 Like

anyone else experiencing issues with Kiosk mode custom card?

Especially the mobile settings seem to be a bit flakey

edit

nvm, fixed that, was a user error. trying ti avoid the ever present Kiosk mode error in inspector, I tried to load it like we need to load card-mod nowadays, via:

frontend:
  extra_module_url:
    - /local/lovelace/resources/card-mod/card-mod.js
#    - /local/lovelace/resources/kiosk-mode/kiosk-mode.js

I’ve reset that to the regular (manual config) in resources.yaml, and now see the mobile settings being applied once again.

Are you using the native shelly or some external mqtt integration? Paho-mqtt is not a requirement for native shelly

I am using ShellyForHass… i try switching to the native integration. Thought i was using it :-/

Iirc shelly4hass predated the native integration. The native is very good imho.

It fixed mine as well! Thank you very much!

Is this really new or only new on additional places, because I have this

mdc-select-fill-color: 'var(--ha-card-background)'
  mdc-select-label-ink-color: 'var(--secondary-text-color)'
  mdc-select-ink-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'
  mdc-select-idle-line-color: 'var(--secondary-text-color)'
  mdc-select-dropdown-icon-color: 'var(--secondary-text-color)'
  mdc-select-hover-line-color: 'var(--secondary-text-color)'

in my theme after changes in 2021.11, where the dropdown-boxes in automations, etc. looked “white” and/or were changed already.

:man_shrugging: My selects only changed to white with this update and these fixed it.

yes, thats what Ive been using in the beta’s/dev updates too:

# set colors on quickbar
    mdc-text-field-fill-color: var(--card-background-color) # quickbar header
    mdc-text-field-ink-color: var(--primary-text-color) #var(--mdc-theme-primary)
# set colors on input_select
    mdc-select-ink-color: var(--primary-text-color)
    mdc-select-fill-color: var(--card-background-color)

and found in inspector…

talking about that quick-bar: it doesn’t reload properly anymore and often keeps swirling while not doing anything. Have to resort to the server tools again for reloading the various options

Arh, ‘Play Media’ function does not support Android TV (ie. tv’s with Android, not the Google TV dongle).
As we only have this, and a few OLD tv’s with chromecast, it’s not of much use.
Here I’ve tested a few items.
It works on

• Chromecast
  • Nest Hub

It does NOT work on

• Android TV (which has cast built in???)
  • Lenovo Smart Clock (which was to be expected).

I was so happy, and then…

Suspecious. And yes, these changes are the same, which I needed in automations, etc. already in 2021.11. But anyway, as these are still the same, but perhaps now only in additional other places, good to have still the fix.

But all this another argument, to have a yaml-default-Theme in the Theme-Folder as well, so this could be used to find this directly and to assign it to cards (e.g. when set another theme to the user), etc.

After the update I lost connection to my Firmata board?

Error connecting to serial port for PyMata board serial-/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Arduino_LLC_Arduino_Micro-if00: [Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Arduino_LLC_Arduino_Micro-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Arduino_LLC_Arduino_Micro-if00'

Also under “hardware settings”, the port is not shown in the list anymore? Rolling back the update didn’t solve my issue… other (non Firmata products) USB ports are working properly it seems.

System log (not sure if this means something):

22-03-03 12:31:02 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/015 - None
22-03-03 12:31:02 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.ADD hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Arduino_LLC_Arduino_Micro-if00
22-03-03 12:31:05 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE hardware /dev/ttyACM0 - /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Arduino_LLC_Arduino_Micro-if00
22-03-03 12:31:05 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Detecting HardwareAction.REMOVE hardware /dev/bus/usb/001/015 - None
22-03-03 12:31:11 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Ignore device /sys/devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.3 / failes to initialize by udev
22-03-03 12:31:11 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.hardware.monitor] Ignore device /sys/devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/tty/ttyACM0 / failes to initialize by udev

any one else had a bosch thermostaat integration brake? internal server error 400 and 500.
Just did the update. i didn’t see anything relating to breaking this