2022.3: Select and play media

Must have failed on build. I always check here Package qemux86-64-homeassistant ¡ GitHub

So many places to look, I lose track!

If you are already running a supported OS, like Debian 11 (Bullseye), then you might just need to enable the service and start it
systemctl enable systemd-resolved
systemctl start systemd.resolved

Sometimes a system reboot is needed also after these changes.

I still have the issue and I’m on version v1.16.2

Then post on the github issue page for that card.

The Samsung Smart TV integration no longer shows the corresponding ‘device’ nor the ‘entity’. Because of that the LoveLace card is now corrupted.

Logs?

Have you looked dev-tools? Is there a media player for the tv?

Hello @nickrout, thnak you for replying and sorry for not including the logs in the first place.

Here it is.

Logger: homeassistant.components.media_player
Source: components/samsungtv/bridge.py:323
Integration: Media player (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 5:39:50 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:45:18 PM
samsungtv: Error on device update!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_socket.py", line 111, in recv
    bytes_ = _recv()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_socket.py", line 90, in _recv
    return sock.recv(bufsize)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/ssl.py", line 1226, in recv
    return self.read(buflen)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/ssl.py", line 1101, in read
    return self._sslobj.read(len)
socket.timeout: The read operation timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 431, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 737, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/samsungtv/media_player.py", line 169, in async_update
    await self._async_update_app_list()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/samsungtv/media_player.py", line 172, in _async_update_app_list
    self._app_list = await self._bridge.async_get_app_list()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/samsungtv/bridge.py", line 317, in async_get_app_list
    return await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self._get_app_list)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/samsungtv/bridge.py", line 323, in _get_app_list
    raw_app_list: list[dict[str, str]] = remote.app_list()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/samsungtvws/remote.py", line 236, in app_list
    response = helper.process_api_response(self.connection.recv())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_core.py", line 362, in recv
    opcode, data = self.recv_data()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_core.py", line 385, in recv_data
    opcode, frame = self.recv_data_frame(control_frame)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_core.py", line 406, in recv_data_frame
    frame = self.recv_frame()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_core.py", line 445, in recv_frame
    return self.frame_buffer.recv_frame()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_abnf.py", line 341, in recv_frame
    self.recv_header()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_abnf.py", line 297, in recv_header
    header = self.recv_strict(2)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_abnf.py", line 376, in recv_strict
    bytes_ = self.recv(min(16384, shortage))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_core.py", line 529, in _recv
    return recv(self.sock, bufsize)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/websocket/_socket.py", line 116, in recv
    raise WebSocketTimeoutException(message)
websocket._exceptions.WebSocketTimeoutException: The read operation timed out

In the Developer Tools nothing comes up when I search for monitor even though Samsung monitor is listed in the Integrations

Thanks.

I enabled and started systemd_resolved and restarted the host. Everything is fine again. I don’t know why I needed to do this which is a bit iffy, but all good for now.

yes, this is most useful option… also “add custom station”

Why every second version there is broken Energy panel?

I just upgraded to 2022.3 (.4) from 2022.2 and now mDNS names (foo.local) aren’t resolvable within the Home Assistant container or the ssh/terminal add-on containerb. They do resolve correctly on the host itself.

Installation type is supervised.
Supervisior is currently 2022.3.3

I first noticed it because the Brother Printer integration reported “Retrying setup: Bad IPv4/UDP transport address brother-printer.local@161: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve caused by <class ‘socket.gaierror’>: [Errno -2] Name does not resolve”

looks like something you need to report to github.

Is there any documentation which media players are supported to use the new media features?

Well it turned up today and installed. Haven’t noticed any problems. Cheers.

Does the issue with the input_select still exist? Can someone who already update to 3.5. give me some info on this please?

Is there someone else here who has the issue that with 2022.3 some of the custom HACS cards start to have breaking change for the UI in lovelace?
Many custom cards, not all though, from very many different HACS frontend plugins, now list all entities as an endless wall of text instead of a dropdown menu.
This is what it looks like:

What is the the in the issue? The skinning? Or that it is not possible to enter two-digits in time-boxes without bigger problems?

Oh, no I thought it was known since there were issues on it sorry. I mean that it wasn’t possible to delete the options anymore for some reason.

o.k. Didn’t know this one, only several others with the new framework. Because of this my question, because the is not unique.