2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

The statistics editing has something very wrong with it. Every time I enter a value, the result gets worse and worse. Example:

Sensor value:

Enter: 0

New Value:

Enter: 0

New Value:

I’m not going to talk about this again for he 10th release thread in a row. You know the answer, I’ve said it before. All I can offer as advice is:

If you partake in the current process, you’re more likely to get heard.
If you completely ignore the process, you’re less likely to get heard.

Can’t figure out why, but I had a big memory use drop from 2022.4 to 20022.4.1 :slight_smile:

You can definitely edit it after the fact including adding devices and changing how those devices are recognized.

Thanks, It’s actually pretty confusing/cumbersome to get to. You have to go to “Configuration” > “Automations & Scenes” > “Helpers” > click on the helper you want to change > “Settings” tab > Click the “Configure State” text > Now a window is provided to update the helper and the entities assigned to this helper.

I really hope that in the future an edit button will be provided in the “Helpers” window / list that will take me to the specific helper’s “Options” window.

1 Like

Hi Jimmy,

I’ve also noticed this with my Hue bulbs and ZHA/ConBee II setup. Tried digging into the issues on Github but didn’t make it very far.

Please let me know if you find out what the issue is!

1 Like

Agree with this feedback. It seemed like it was misplaced. Also the icon field doesn’t come up when building a new group. You MUST go back into it>edit>update icon>update.

Not a deal breaker but the flow could use a little refinement.

1 Like

If anyone has figured out the new blueprint selector for media, I would love to see your solution.
I have not figured it out yet.
I’ve asked in HA Discord #blueprints and have a community post about it…

Would love to discuss it more there.

My 90 device zigbee network run by a ConBee II got nuked. I got rid of it and switched to Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Donlge Plus which is working great but I am only on day 1. I have had this issue, or very similar, already at least a couple times in a few months so that was it for me. I don’t know why the update seemed to trigger it but it may not necessarily be direct fault of the update itself, rather the perfect storm. You might want to consider getting a Zigbee stick with a newer chip like I did, as you may have some side benefits such as more devices connected to the coordinator directly (I believe it is 100 instead of 30ish), speedier response, etc. If you are down, it might be a good time to do it rather than restoring it on the ConBee II.

I rebuilt the network (removed devices, deleted the integration, reboot and added them all back) and it seem to work for a bit. But the the problem started back up later that night.

There is an open issue on github #69870 that I’ve shared logs in.

Basically the logs make it look like the network is getting flooded:

2022-04-11 11:24:38 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.api] ‘aps_data_request’ failure: Command.aps_data_request, status: Status.BUSY
2022-04-11 11:24:38 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy_deconz.api] retrying ‘aps_data_request’ in 0.5s

This repeats constantly.

Thanks for the recommendation, I purchased a Sonoff that should be here today. Ill be rebuilding again, but going to hold off until this issue is resolved in case there is something I can provide to help fix it.

1 Like

@jimmychanga.007 Thanks for the update. I rebuilt the network on the Sonoff coordinator but it doesn’t seem to be working as it should… a few devices dropped off shortly after being added, and some have a slow response, but I chalked it up to the network still needing to figure out all the routes.

One thing I noticed is that I had RSSI values for all my devices when using the ConBee II and now I have none. Also, all my LQI values have changed, seemingly to lower values (I did not keep a snapshot of what they were before), but I have also read that LQI is calculated differently across manufacturers. Update 2022.4.2 did not seem to make any difference in terms of ZHA (and I did not see anything that was obviously related)

What is missing is to add a goup to a group, e.G. I defined light groups for each room and have a group for maybe the ground floor where I simply add the groups of the rooms. Thats not possible in the UI. And what I also miss is the ability to define variable groups maybe using a pattern like “light.room_*”.

There is no suggestion it isn’t supported any longer.

I have the same issue. Conbee II/ZHA. Zigbee response was extremely slow after update. Rolled back to 2022.3.8 and all works again. From what I read it is not Conbee specific. HA people are directing everyone to Github where people are being told the issue is faulty hardware…back to HA…back to Github… The the circle continues. To my knowledge Conbee II is supported in the HA documentation and it works fine on 2022.3.8. That tells me something is up with the update. If I can’t update with a Conbee, eventually I’ll have to find a new solution I guess.

3 Likes

I was hoping the “Switch as X” new feature to enable changing outlets that for some reason show up as “lights” to the switches they are… but it is not possible. I know it can be done with templates but I would rather not do it for all unless I need to.

Is this a bug in how the driver (whatever the name is) for the Jasco 43102 zigbee outlet is written? Should it be reported to ZHA?

Yeah, it’s “Switch as X” not “Light as X”. You should definitely open an issue to get this fixed at the source.

1 Like

Since binary_sensor.updater will be going away next month, is there something in the new Update integration that just gives you a general “An update is available”? I want to have something show on my main menu that there is an update I need to take a look at when I have time, but I don’t want it to to tell me what all the updates are until I go to the screen I have made for system related sensors and such.

Edit: I should specify that I am looking for more that just the Core Version update. Something that takes all of the update.*** entities and states in one sensor “There’s something that needs updating”. And if it has an attribute that says what all is available, even better.

editedit: And I understand there may be a template sensor in my future with a really long string of ORs.

You can add the update entities to entity cards in a dashboard:

The custom auto-entities card could be used to only show entities with updates available if you would prefer that.

4 Likes

@tom_l Nice looking dashboard! Did you use a theme?

I recall that Paulus didn’t like groups because they were computationally expensive or something. Is that no longer the case with the “helper” groups? Or did he get over it? Or was he wrong? :smiley: