2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

To clarify, follow these instruction on the Zha-device handler page. Obviously, use the latest version (0.0.69) as the example is quite old.
https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers#testing-new-releases

Testing a new release of the zha-quirks package before it is released in Home Assistant.

If you are using Supervised Home Assistant (formerly known as the Hassio/Hass.io distro):

pypi: - zha-quirks==0.0.38 apk: []

where 0.0.38 is the new version

• Start the addon

If you are instead using some custom python installation of Home Assistant then do this:

• Activate your python virtual env
  • Update package with pip

pip install zha-quirks==0.0.38

3 Likes

See the testing new releases section here:

https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers#testing-new-releases

1 Like

After updating to 2022.4 I do not have access to my config folder when using the SMB protocol. I can see the other folder, but the config folder gives an access denied. Anyone else have this issue? Any idea how to solve this?

I tried your solution but this release is too broken for me right now that i’m just going back to a back up

1 Like

Here it works fine with 5 google calendars displayed :wink:

I had the same thing - restarting my host fixed it (after many other attempts)

Here the same error. I’ve stopped using openhome 6 months back.

I tried rebooting from HA, but that did not work. I restarted the whole VM and now it is working, thanks!

You can just disable the update entity for the device.

And also from here a big thumb up for this release. Just one minor error (openhome player, which I don’t use) but all went smooth and everything work fine.
As I can remember some horrors from the past, I’m very very happy an update goes like this one. :clap:t2:

Groups already looks amazing in the first few minutes after having installed this. Looks like a great release! :+1:

Great release, flawless update for me.
Are Shelly devices supported with the new update function?
I would love to have that available in my HA setup!!!

Woah huge update! Great job everyone!

1 Like

You were warned!

2 Likes

Same issue. All Zigbee devices through Conbee dead.
Couldn’t find a way to get the Conbee II, Dresden Electronics working again.
Restored the 2022.3.8. At least back to life.

7 Likes

Nice update!
The updated went like a charm, and almost everything worked afterwards. Almost.

For some reason, long press/release events from my Tradfri Shortcut and On/Off Buttons (ZHA using a Sonoff Stick) won’t trigger automations anymore.
The events show up in dev/events listener just fine, though.
Restarting everything didn’t help, neither did reconfiguring my automations.

Downgrading to 2022.3.8 did… :frowning:

2 Likes

The problem is not unknown!
Have a look here… ZHA & Home Assistant Version 2022.3.1 no longer works · Issue #67780 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Under no circumstances should you immediately install the new versions of Home Assistant.
Never do it! Never!

1 Like

Good for you :+1: Still not working for me. Setting up the integration through the ui is also not working.

The problem is not new for many!