2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

maybe , that was a bad example
this one is better

media_player.turn_off , but it fails also, when it was not on … :slight_smile:
what feature is that in .5 can you point me to it?

1 Like

Put that call into a separate script and call it with the script.turn_on service

yeah; but i have like 10 of those , that means i need 10 extra scripts :slight_smile:
i wait for 2022.5 , there wille be a new feature then, continue on error …

I thought that too until the (I think it was…) 2022.2 release when there was a “refactoring” of the mqtt code in .4 that introduced bugs and then that was then fixed again in .5

Iirc that refactor was to fix a bug

1 Like

Anybody else having problems with the knx integration after update to 2022.4.5? HA can’t find the knx gateway after update to 2022.4.5. Works fine with 2022.4.4.
Could this be related to the xknx update 0.20.3? Any config change I may have missed. Already tried to delete and setup the integration from scratch but did not help.

Update: Version 2022.4.4 could not connect to the gateway as well (works after restart, failed after a while approx. 1 hour ), going back to 2022.3.8…

Hi :wave:!

@Kraken Please open an issue at Github for this and add logs and diagnostics (see below on how to get these):

Go here Open your Home Assistant instance and show your integrations.
Download from here

Reproduce the error and get logs form here Open your Home Assistant instance and show your Home Assistant logs.
or just drag&drop home-assistant.log and/or home-assistant.log.1 from your /config/ directory.

If there is nothing helpful to find you can increase loglevel for KNX following these instructions.

It could be awesome if we could group or categorize the helpers. The menu is already a mess :stuck_out_tongue:

Group the groups!

Waited for release 2022.4.5, in the hope, most errors were solved.
today upgraded to Vusiual studio to version 5.0. Upgrade keeps going on forever. Restarted HA, and version 5.0 was installed. So, something is wrong in the install process.
Then, I installed 2022.4.6: same problem. Pressed “install”… Install does not finish. Waited, waited,waited… When I thought n enough time had passed, restarted ha. And … I got the new version.
Really something going wrong with the install process.
And while looking at the logs, nothing special found…
I found something else:
Logger: frontend.js.latest.202204050
Source: components/system_log/init.py:190
First occurred: 09:14:02 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:14:02
http://192.168.2.7:8123/lovelace/default_view:0:0 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to resolve module specifier “lit-element”. Relative references must start with either “/”, “./”, or “…/”.

Think I’m gonna wait for the upgrade 'till the end of the month…

I assume you mean the helper config page? ie config/helpers

How are you wanting to group? You can sort by type or any other column.

In my opinion this sounds like a browser cache issue.
But I could be wrong.

I had a long wait for 2022.4.6 but it eventually finished. Indeed there may be something wrong, but I always hesitate to blame HA when it may simply be my dodgy internet connection.

If you are referring to studio code server when you say “Vusiual studio” I didn’t notice a problem.

I just saw @Hellis81’s post pop up. When I was updating to 2022.4.6 I got bored with waiting so I went on browsing in other tabs. By the time I came out of the rabbit hole I went back to the HA tab and the UI reloaded. The update had ‘finished’ and the UI back to normal (with the update done). That points in the directions @Hellis81 was suggesting - the page reloaded and all was back to normal.

Working remote from home… so, I started my home assistant through nabu casa, in MS Edge, in my remote workplace.
Same error. So, doesn’t seem to be a cache error. At the moment, I don’t have problems “using” the dashboard. Will keep an eye on it.

of course “studio code server” ! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Upgrading took only a minute or so in the past. Now I waited 5 … 10 minutes…
Strange, first “studio code server” didn’t finish , the the 2022.4.6 didn’t finish.
Apparently it was finished somehow, because when I restarted HA, everything was upgraded.
The “reload” didn’t happen for some reason…
But it seems ok now… Thanks!

Do you have Denys Dovhan’s Vacuum Card or Purifier Card? His very recent updates on these cards seemed to be producing this error, but which he has just now also released a fix for.

Is it safe for ZHA users to update yet? I see version 2022.4.6 includes this change:

Revert zigpy-zigate to 0.7.4 #70184

Looking for more detail, I find this:

Revert zha dependency zigpy-zigate to 0.7.4 since 0.8.0 is really unstable and stop working after few hours

I’m not familiar enough with GitHub to know if I’m missing some more detailed narrative somewhere. Does this mean ZHA is now stable, or did the version which was reverted fix some other issue, which we’re now back to?

2 Likes

I had already installed the new hacs updates… and at the moment, I don’t see those messages anymore.
So, I guess that was the problem… Thanks!

Wow!! Fantastic release! HA just keeps surprising! :sunglasses:

1 Like