2022.5: Streamlining settings

Holy cow, how long has this been around?? Game changer!!! Thanks for pointing it out!

It was introduce in version 0.117 (Oct 2020).

So Iā€™ve updated to the newest version (it shows as 2022.5.0 in the info) and Iā€™m not seeing the new settings menu.

Do I need to turn it on somehwere? It looks interesting and useful in the various ā€œwhats new in HA 22.5ā€ videos Iā€™ve checked out but Iā€™m not seeing it locally.

Iā€™m running the official docker container if it matters.

Your menu may be different without supervisor but try reloading the page and clearing your cache.

The upgrade went fast and flawless, like most of the times by the way. Great work!

I am happy to see the Amcres fixed as-well as the new/return of the Sonos favorites list. I however do not yet understand how to integrate the sensor.sonos_favorites in my automation as shown below.

The sensor states the number of favorites, which are listed in the attribute ā€˜itemsā€™ with a prefix 'FV:2/<no>' that makes no sense to me. Unfortunately the integration documentation isnā€™t updated with this new sensor yet. Anyone who can help me understand?

I am happy to update the documentation as soon as I have a clear understanding of it :slight_smile:

Itā€™s saying if you find yourself doing this

if: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
then:
  service: option_1
else:
  if: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
  then:
    service: option_2
  else:

Then switch to a choose

choose:
  - conditions: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
    actions:
      service: option_1
  - conditions: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
    actions:
      service: option_2
default:

For me while refactoring to use these my rule of thumb has been if I need an elif or else if then use a choose. If I just need an if or an if and an else then use the new if then.

3 Likes

Ah! Right. Thereā€™s no elif. Thanks.

1 Like

Tautulli did not automatically migrate my configuration to the UI. Further, the new integration doesnā€™t appear to include all the previously monitored conditions (e.g. media_type, duration and file).

Hereā€™s the doc update for Sonos favorites as itā€™s not immediately obvious on how to use: Add Sonos favorites notes by jjlawren Ā· Pull Request #22642 Ā· home-assistant/home-assistant.io Ā· GitHub.

Anyone experiences problem with glances running on HA Proxmox? Iā€™m getting error but only for Glances running under HA VM which is strange. There are several other problem with this release.

Anyone have any idea why the required Community Add-on repository has disappeared from so many systems? I definitely didnā€™t remove it from my system, but it wasnā€™t there. It would have just happened recently because I saw addon updates within the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

It saw this and got excited:

@sisimomo added Markdown support to Blueprint input descriptions, allowing you to add links to, for example, documentation in your Blueprints.

But I see that the note is not completely true.

Markdown has been added to Automation Blueprints !inputs, not Script blueprints. Markdown is not working in those (at least for me).

It would be very helpful to extend this to the rest of the blueprint family.

Thanks for the awesome look and function on Automations, any chance you can extend that?

I guess itā€™s better than the endlessly spinning wheel of previous versions :wink:
I really would like to see this eventually fixed as well because since the TTS button was removed from the players, we, apple device owners, have to resort to using the service in dev tools or a script/automation.

So in core version 2022.4 there was a bug where the hassio integration asked supervisor to do a full update check on all addon repos every 5 minutes. This meant that every user with supervisor on core-2022.4 was trying to pull the official, community and esphome addon repos every 5 minutes. GitHub (understandably) took defensive action because of this as it saw it as either a DOS attack or a breach of TOS (using a repository as a CDN) and started dropping requests. When the request got dropped supervisor thought the repo either didnā€™t exist or was corrupt and tried to remove it.

This was fixed in 2022.4.5 by this pr and things returned to normal as people updated. But the community addons repo was accidently removed by this process for a number of people so youā€™ll have to add it back manually back. This accidental auto removing is something I plan to work on but for now just click the buttons for the repos youā€™re missing:

Community add-ons repo
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the add add-on repository dialog with a specific repository URL pre-filled.

ESP Home
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the add add-on repository dialog with a specific repository URL pre-filled.

5 Likes

dont know about thatā€¦ even when using the developers Service tab I get this error in the logs:

Media streaming is not possible with current configuration

while trying to tts cloud_say

No problem here, but Iā€™m using google translate instead of cloud, thatā€™s the only difference I can seeā€¦
Mvg.

would be so nice to see the full options:
if
elif
elif
else

I think most easy way to create automations based on a if state.

Thatā€™s impossible to do in Yaml because the first elif would be replaced by the second elif. Thatā€™s why choose is a list and not a map.

1 Like

But this is exactly, what choose is doing, isnā€™t it?

This. if-then was introduced because this:

then:
  service: do_something

and this:

then:
else:
  service: do_something_else

is a bit shorter and easier to read then this:

choose:
  conditions: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
  actions:
default:

But if you do actually need an elif then choose is your tool:

choose:
  - conditions: "{{ a == 'b' }}"
    actions:
  - conditions: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
    actions:
      service: do_something_2
default:

And to petroā€™s point this isnā€™t an option because its not valid yaml and automations arenā€™t actually a programming language:

# NOTE: INVALID, DON'T COPY ME
then:
elif: "{{ a == 'c' }}"
then:
  service: do_something_2
elif: "{{ a == 'd' }}"
then:
  service: do_something_3
else: