2022.6: Gaining new insights!

If you are running MySQL: MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 5.4.5 The Slow Query Log

Let’s continue in the new issue so we don’t create noise here.

1 Like

anyone else suddenly experiencing issues with browser_mod entities? all of my media_players except 1 are gone, the devices show either empty in the integration panel, or have ‘hidden’ players (no more sensors either) and I can not enable those…

As I split up all my mqtt configurations for sensors/lights/…, I should create something like:

mqtt:
light: !include new/mqtt-lights.yaml
sensor: !include new/mqtt-sensors.yaml

but I cannot get it evaluated, even for a small test-config file

That isn’t yaml.

thanks, found it

This release contains some serious (at least for me) bugs (I would say so) regarding history-graph & logbook cards.

IMHO the mentioned problems (probably except the last) are serious.

It’s not very straightforward at all to set up the utility meter - configuration is dispersed into a lot of different places. For example I can setup the tariff names via the initial integration config dialog, but then configuring the actual daily start/end times of each tariff is somewhere else (and appears to need raw .yaml editing). I’m not altogether clear on how you then assign the per kW cost for each tariff, or daily supply charges and where these totals even get displayed (assuming maybe that will appear on the energy page but not sure as I didn’t get that far).
It sounds like HA probably has all the capabilities somewhere in the system - but would be great to just have a single config page/dialog somewhere where you set it all up (as it all belongs together).

1 Like

Is it debian 10 or 11? Debian 10 is slowly dying off, and keeping it running and working with newer features is getting tedious. Ran into kind of a wall with armbian 10 (too old seccomp package would prevent new alpine docker containers from connecting to repository, but seccomp will not get a new version on debian 10 anymore) , had to do a full backup of HA and did a complete new installation of armbian 11, which has newer packages, and shows no ill status on system info page. Hope this helps!
Best regards
Haifi

s6 is available for Buster I think, Debian -- Package Search Results -- s6

I may be misinterpreting that.

Updating to Bullseye is nevertheless probably a good idea. You can simply upgrade without a complete reinstall (although that backup is a good idea).

For me it was a reinstall, because of Armbian. Theres no real dist upgrade functionality in Armbian sadly.
Tried to clarify the problem I ran into. It could maybe be related, if hes still on Debian10.

Actually as he is running supervised (I missed that) he should definitely be running Bullseye (11).

I’m having very weird issues with the history-graph and apexcharts graphs now.
Even though the sensors are still providing data, they are showing as if they’re frozen as of a few hours ago

Before this the graphs were going haywire offsetting a bunch of the values in time and attributes.

A restart at least got rid of these erroneous values, but now the graphs aren’t populating with newer data. Though the popup graphs shown when selecting an entity, and in the history tab are fine.

EDIT: Weird, with yet another restart they have started adding new data again. Wasn’t a browser cache issue, but might be something similar on Home Assistant’s side.

EDIT 2: Spoke too soon. Graphs are weirdly not updating, making it look like the sensors are not online (even though they are)

@Haifirion @nickrout Thanks guys. Yeah, I’m running Debian 10. Have been holding off upgrading to 11 for some reason. I don’t really want to have to format and start again as I have some stuff setup that I can’t remember how I got it running LOL.

I did upgrade to 2022.6.0. I ran the check config add-on again, and didn’t have the error, so decided to YOLO it and see what happens. It’s working fine now.

I might just look at upgrading to 11 and crossing my fingers and hope that nothing goes wrong, or something stops working.

At the time the supervised requirements moved from 10 to 11 I updated from a guide someone posted on the forum. It is definitely possible.

Yeah, I have a pi3 that I upgraded from 10-11 and it went well, but I don’t run much on that, just pihole, mqtt, and zigbee2mqtt.

do you happen to remember the link to the guide by anychance?

Sorry no but I’ll see if I can find it.

Hello Everyone,

I did the update yesterday and all works fine but I still have a doubt about how to reconfigure the MQTT sensors. If I got it right " Defining manually configured MQTT entities directly under the respective platform keys (e.g., fan , light , sensor , etc.) is deprecated, and support will be removed in Home Assistant Core 2022.9."

is that meaning that MQTT entities could to be configured as?:

mqtt: !include mqtt_entities.yaml

on witch:

- sensor:
     name: "bla bla bla"
     unit_of measurement: "m"
     state_topic: "blabla/value"

I get not valid config if I go this way and also I do have multiple sensors… not just one sensor… I´m just trying to figure out what is the proper format to use here…

All good mate. I found some online guides and used them. Everything back up and running. Except for Glances, but that’s not a big deal. I can work it out later.

1 Like

Try changing this:

To:

sensor:
  # sensor 1
  - name: bla
    key: value

# sensor 2
  - name: bla2
    key: value
1 Like

Strange choice of file name. They’re not templates.