2022.6: Gaining new insights!

Sorry no but I’ll see if I can find it.

Hello Everyone,

I did the update yesterday and all works fine but I still have a doubt about how to reconfigure the MQTT sensors. If I got it right " Defining manually configured MQTT entities directly under the respective platform keys (e.g., fan , light , sensor , etc.) is deprecated, and support will be removed in Home Assistant Core 2022.9."

is that meaning that MQTT entities could to be configured as?:

mqtt: !include mqtt_entities.yaml

on witch:

- sensor:
     name: "bla bla bla"
     unit_of measurement: "m"
     state_topic: "blabla/value"

I get not valid config if I go this way and also I do have multiple sensors… not just one sensor… I´m just trying to figure out what is the proper format to use here…

All good mate. I found some online guides and used them. Everything back up and running. Except for Glances, but that’s not a big deal. I can work it out later.

1 Like

Try changing this:

To:

sensor:
  # sensor 1
  - name: bla
    key: value

# sensor 2
  - name: bla2
    key: value
1 Like

Strange choice of file name. They’re not templates.

3 Likes

fixed. Was a user error. the BM ids had changed upon updates, and I still had the old ids I the config. After ‘fixing’ those it turned out I made a typo…

checked/corrected and all good now.
sorry

you should maybe also mention that Nick Koston and friends are working their butts and socks off to fix all of that.

Keep faith all will be well shortly, and much better than before !

Surely, that is why I am trying to summarize bug reports and provide any additional info to make HA better.

1 Like

Hello Chris,

Thanks really much, it works…

sensor:
  #bed weight
  - name: "Bed"
    state_topic: "home/bedroom/bed"
    unit_of_measurement: "kg"

#bed raw value
  - name: "Bed Raw"
    state_topic: "home/bedroom/bed/raw"

#Octoprint Display Layer
  - name: "OctoPrint DispalyLayer"
    state_topic: "octoPrint/event/DisplayLayerProgress_layerChanged"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.currentLayer }}"

#Octoprint Display Layer
  - name: "OctoPrint TotalLayers"
    state_topic: "octoPrint/event/DisplayLayerProgress_layerChanged"
    value_template: "{{ value_json.totalLayer }}"

Conversion successfully done…

thanks also to you Tom did change the file name as well…

again, i don’t understand why remove yaml configuration… imagine filesize, many many files and me want to change files name in the ui… please, mantain both possibilities in these situations…

I had a markdowncard with the latest fired automations that has stopped working after this update…

**Time     Name**
        {% for state in (states.automation
          | selectattr('attributes.last_triggered')
          | sort(attribute='attributes.last_triggered', reverse=true)) [0:40] -%}
          {% if (now() - state.attributes.last_triggered).total_seconds() < 86400 %}
            {%- set t = (as_timestamp(state.attributes.last_triggered) | timestamp_custom('%H:%M', True)) -%}
            {{t}} &nbsp;&nbsp; _{{state.name}}_
          {% endif -%}
        {% endfor %}

Does this relay to the database optimization? Any clues?

Will the MQTT change affect MQTT Room Presence - Home Assistant ? I use it with Espresense for room presence. It is the only mqtt sensor that I have and I get the warning Manually configured MQTT sensor(s) found under platform key 'sensor', please move to the mqtt integration key, see https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor.mqtt/#new_format

The mqtt_room page doesn’t mention that there is a change and what the new format is supposed to be.

I am using Espresense as well, but these sensors are not affected by the change. I have since converted all the mqtt platform and I do not see the error any longer. You must of miss looked on your file.

I don’t fully understand what you posted. I only use mqtt_room and nothing else for mqtt in my configuration file so I don’t understand why I get the warning if mqtt_room is not affected. If it is not affected why would I have to “convert all the mqtt platform” and what does that really mean? There’s some details that I need explained to understand.

MQTT change is deprecation. Nothing should break yet. It is a warning not an error.

Right. But I want to have everything setup for the new format so that when there is a breaking change it’s already set. I still don’t understand why I get the warning if mqtt_room doesn’t show a new format and mqtt_room is the only mqtt sensor I have in my configuration.

I see now,

Is this correct?

Nothing about .2 in the ‘Release Notes’