2022.7: A stunning performance

I guess I’ll just wait for this to be fixed. I’m not blowing up my whole install (including synced areas/devices from Hue) just to look at the history panel. It’s unfortunate this wasn’t tested very well.

1 Like

had kind of same problems, really missing the deprecated add on: Home Assistant Add-on: Check Home Assistant configuration https://github.com/home-assistant/addons/tree/master/check_config
for this…

same error.:frowning:

Yet no one seems to have put a full log, or otherwise contributed to the active issue.

Guys, many third party integrations are broken, as there seems to be a miss match were Python 3.10 dependencies for these integrations should be located. So please do not upgrade till this is fixed. Affected are all integrations which use additional Python libraries that are not part of HA core.

2 Likes

Assuming that you have saved all config data outside of the container, all you do is to stop HA, delete the container and pull v2022.7.0 from docker HUB. It’s like a new fresh install but where all your data and configs are carried over.

1 Like

Yes, that is mentioned in the release notes. That’s what they are here for.

Ye not critique or anything.
But this update is really breaking ALOT of things.
Over 89 open issues on this update.
Issues

Just putting a gentle warning here so ppl know that many of the integrations could break if you update. Check if you are at risk by checking the issues git page.

Make a backup :slight_smile:
and in case the front end breaks: ha core update --version 2022.6.7 will roll it back.

1 Like

Am I the only one who experience a huge memory leak in this release. Before my system 2022.6.latest rebooted approx daily due to a memory leak I have been unable to identify using the profiler tool. But with this release I am seeing this much faster.

It would be nice to have a better tool for identifying which processes are using up memory with this speed, so it can be eliminated.

I have a completely empty backup system, and that system is also leaking memory, however not so fast as this. So I guess that it is in the core system some how.

1 Like

But won’t running docker run for each update just create new home assistant and I will end with multiple home assistants running?

I have a test installation and a ‘production’ installation.
I’ve upgraded test to 2022.7.0 without issues (well, there was one integration which broke. But that one has been fixed mean while).
When I run the Config checker on test I still get the error in this topic.
Also when I run Config checker on 2022.7.0 (against version 2022.7.1) I get this error.
I’m upgrading test to 2022.7.1 at the moment.

So it feels save to upgrade to 2022.7.x even with this error… As Config checker is depreciated that kind of makes sense. Still would like to be able to test configs against future versions prior to updating.

EDIT
Config checker depreciation comments:
WARNING: This add-on is deprecated because it is no longer needed. Home Assistant now always starts after an update even if your config is invalid. You should do the following after an update to check for issues:
-Check persistent notifications. If an integration could not be loaded because its config is invalid a notification will tell you.
-Check logs. If an integration could be loaded but the config you are using is deprecated a message will tell you what needs to change and by when.
-Follow the red banner. In rare cases HA will start in safe mode. In those cases you should follow the instructions in the red banner at the top of the UI.

yes OS updates can be intense.make it a habit to always check the issues before doing the actual update.

it would be helpful to the community ion you posted your experience on 8.3 in the repo Issues · home-assistant/operating-system · GitHub

Same here. Were you able to fix it? I should not have updated while on holiday. Now all my cameras are not reachable 🫤

I’d be more inclined to put money on it being a 3rd party integration. Or an automation or scipt that loops infinitely.

NEVER update while out of house… once i updated and could not open my doors. :blush:

2 Likes

The Places custom component appears broken by this release - at least, it’s certainly not behaving correctly for me. Have rolled back to 2022.6.7 for now and back up and running.

It did not work for me in 2022.6.7 either.
My prior version, 2022.3.3 worked.

But since this is a custom component it needs to be bug reported to the developer

luckily you can do all of that and more with core integrations (eg using the mobile_app) reliably. No need for CC if core has it?

Unless something has changed, I don’t think the core “place” functionality does the reverse geocoding that this custom component does, which is extremely useful and critical to certain things that I do.

Lessons learned :sweat_smile: