2022.7: A stunning performance

I don’t use areas and indeed you can only stick a entity to 1 area…

« There’s an integration for that »

Since upgrade to 2022.7.x following does not work anymore:

Logger: homeassistant.components.media_player
Source: components/frontier_silicon/media_player.py:157
Integration: Media player (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 09:21:32 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:21:32

frontier_silicon: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 446, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 702, in async_device_update
    await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/frontier_silicon/media_player.py", line 157, in async_update
    mode.label: mode.key for mode in await afsapi.get_modes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/afsapi/api.py", line 577, in get_modes
    self.__modes = [
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/afsapi/api.py", line 578, in <listcomp>
    PlayerMode(key=k, **v)  # type: ignore
TypeError: PlayerMode.__init__() missing 2 required positional arguments: 'streamable' and 'modetype'

issue also known: frontier_silicon stopped working with 2022.07.0 · Issue #74717 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

1 Like

I hope you’ve got enormous ascii art titles in every one of your config files sir.

3 Likes

@makai thanks for the tip, however I have tried to use the profiler, but it didn’t pointed at any specific integration. The memory usage data was all over the place. I would have expected to see a single integration growing significantly in size, but I didn’t saw that. Or perhaps I wasn’t able to read the results from multiple report over time correctly. None the less I didn’t fint the root cause.

I have problems with home connect integration after updating to 7.0 and 7.1. I was really looking forward to the new services provided, but couldn’t seem to find them so I removed the integration and tried to add it again, but only get an error when trying to reach the external URL required during setup:

{
  "error": "unauthorized_client",
  "error_description": "client or redirection URI not authorized",
  "state": "eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJmbG93X2lkIjoiNGU2YjJmZmM0ODYxMDE4NzVhZjRkMTI3Yzk1ZjRmNzUiLCJyZWRpcmVjdF91cmkiOiJodHRwczovL215LmhvbWUtYXNzaXN0YW50LmlvL3JlZGlyZWN0L29hdXRoIn0.ucKIFxvO1f-2osRNwqIzmdlxvpqJ6RznW1SCx8CnpSk"
}

Anybody having the same issue?

Is there a replacement for it without the mobile app ? I use it for a device tracker for my car

… and by choosing areas and devices, you are not getting all entities from these areas and devices. Was a discussion about those decision/implementation during beta as well.

What kind of entity with geo coords do you use for “places”?
If it is Life360 device trackers or “person” entities depending on Life360 trackers - have you checked whether these Life360 trackers still work?
There are some breaking changes in Life360 platform.
Check the Life360 dedicated thread for a solution.

As for Companion App - imho this is very unreliable device_tracker. Testing it on iPhone 5S & iPad Air 2, presence detection data is outdated very often.

Alternatives - I have been using Traccar (may updates coords more often than Life360 but does not have a “battery_charging” info yet) but some time ago the platform stopped working: there were some changes on the Traccar servers’ side, and a corresponding HA platform seems to be not adapted yet.

Since Version 2022.7.1 the ADS interface is not working anymore:

Logger: homeassistant.loader
Source: components/ads/init.py:10
First occurred: 14:44:51 (96 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:45:02

Unexpected exception importing component homeassistant.components.ads
Unexpected exception importing platform homeassistant.components.ads.cover
Unexpected exception importing platform homeassistant.components.ads.switch
Unexpected exception importing platform homeassistant.components.ads.light
Unexpected exception importing platform homeassistant.components.ads.sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 618, in get_platform
cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 635, in _import_platform
return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/importlib/init.py”, line 126, in import_module
return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
File “”, line 1050, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 1027, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 992, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “”, line 1050, in _gcd_import
File “”, line 1027, in _find_and_load
File “”, line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File “”, line 688, in _load_unlocked
File “”, line 883, in exec_module
File “”, line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/ads/init.py”, line 10, in
import pyads
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyads/init.py”, line 12, in
from .ads import open_port, close_port, get_local_address, read_state,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyads/ads.py”, line 18, in
from .pyads_ex import (
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyads/pyads_ex.py”, line 82, in
_adsDLL = ctypes.CDLL(adslib)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/ctypes/init.py”, line 374, in init
self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
OSError: Error relocating /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyads/adslib.so: unsupported relocation type 7

1 Like

Thanks. This was indeed the cause and I’ve now fixed it. Must have missed this on my readthrough of the breaking changes!

Life360 is a bit of a tricky one - in theory, I’d want to use something that’s completely cloud-free, but the reality is that it works pretty well, doesn’t use lots of battery, supports both iOS and Android and the free version integrates nicely with HA. One day I’ll get rid of it, I’m sure, but Mrs Daern still likes that she can look at it independently of HA.

1 Like

Which Venstar units do you have? I haven’t upgraded yet as I don’t want to lose this integration.

As I have the same problem, could you advice how to execute your advice?

That is the issue.
Apple seems to be less reliable than Android on the tracking

1 Like

A smooth upgrade for me, big thanks to devs and community.

3 Likes

Stunning really, half of what was working stopped: Unable to install package RPi.GPIO==0.7.1
Configuration validation stopped working
Cant restart HA

3 Likes

Same here, I rollback to previous version

2 Likes

Hi, confirmed fix works

to complete this you will need to access mysql via the console (so many different ways).
Rough idea is if you are on docker/container/unraid access the docker console for that container so you are inside the container.

then type:
mysql -u root -p

you’ll need your root password to enter here (usually found in the docker environment variable)
next you’ll need the user and password to access the database you are calling from HA (should look something like this):

mysql://:@192.168.1.202:3307/?charset=utf8

Then type the code:

‘ALTER USER ‘username’ IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY ‘password’;’

The latest release was installed smooth.
Thanks a lot to the dev team.

Must admit that HA now reloads faster. Also, I see a much smaller amount of “integration XXX took more than XXX seconds to start” (or something similar) warnings in a log.
Earlier I faced a sporadic huge CPU load caused by python (according to a “top” output). Now gonna check if it became better.

Only problems which I noticed so far (haven’t checked with more attention):

1. history-graph is still not refreshing (since 2022.6) (here, here).
  2. I still dislike that history-graph for sensors w/o UoM started displaying a “name” for the only graph (since 2022.6) (here).
  3. card-mod stopped applying to the logbook card in some cases (no issue was registered on GitHub since this could be my desire only…)
  4. Issues with Life360 - were already discussed in a dedicated thread; the only thing I lost now is deprecated events, gonna find a workaround for this.
1 Like

Do you have configured https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/oauth as the Redirect URI in your registered App?