2022.8: You can fix it!

It seems once I add Bluetooth, it then can’t be removed or all manner of integrations then stop working. Why does HomeKit now have a Bluetooth dependency?

I can’t actually get Bluetooth to work

bleak.exc.BleakDBusError: [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied] An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type="method_call", sender="(null)" (inactive) interface="org.freedesktop.DBus" member="AddMatch" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.freedesktop.DBus" (bus)

And now seem to not be able to remove this integration?

Both Yamaha integrations are working good over here. You’re getting an encoding error, that is usually comes from Yamaha. Did you name anything oddly or map odd characters to source names?

It’s simple enough to identify them. Just place them in a dark cupboard one at a time and use the illuminance sensor to work out which is which. Then rename each integration and the device and entities. :slight_smile:

No, I only use NodeRed for 1 flow for a UDP device sorry

As long as it does not end up like these “Fachmanny” :rofl:

Czecho - Slovakian friends here will remember…

3 Likes

I didn’t map anything. Actually I didn’t change anything - just base integration. It just stopped working after the update.
But funny thing - I was checking integration page after reading your message and noticed there is an optional host setting that I didn’t used before. I thought it’s worth a try and after restart everything is back. I have no idea why it was working before and now it doesn’t without setting explicitly the AVR address.
So thanks for the inspiration. :slight_smile:

well this is completely new to me, after having tested the beta cycle, not having seen this, and not changed anything in the bluetooth settings at all:

Logger: root
Source: runner.py:119 
First occurred: 13:44:28 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 13:44:28

A message handler raised an exception: '/org/bluez/hci0/dev_2C_D1_CF_91_DB_DC'. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/dbus_next/message_bus.py", line 668, in _process_message result = handler(msg) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bleak/backends/bluezdbus/manager.py", line 703, in _parse_msg del self._properties[obj_path][interface] KeyError: '/org/bluez/hci0/dev_2C_D1_CF_91_DB_DC'```

also, not having had the auto-ban for some time it suddenly does this:

fe80::1c2b:8dfb:ed62:3576:
  banned_at: '2022-08-04T11:46:35.226050+00:00'

full error:

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from fe80::1c2b:8dfb:ed62:3576 (fe80::1c2b:8dfb:ed62:3576). Requested URL: '/auth/token'. (Home Assistant/2022.2 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:2022.345; macOS(Catalyst) 12.5.0) Alamofire/5.4.4)

its really odd, because that user agent is not my browser and seems to indicate the Mac App? I did start that up today, after having not touched it since forever. However, the ban blocks my regular Safari browser, and Not the App… huh?

Pat a Mat! (known as “Buurman and Buurman” here in The Netherlands, still on TV. My son watches it regularly :grinning:)

3 Likes

Not just you. My icloud integration also seemed to have broken with the update. All devices and their entities are now unavailable, even after calling the update script.

What is the update interval of the new Xiaomi MiFlora bluetooth integration? I’m using Passive BLE Monitor along with the new xiaomi integration and updates from the plants comes very irregularly (once every 30 minutes or so). Passive BLE seems to update the sensors every minute which is why I’m just sticking with it until the new BT integration will be polished out.

1 Like

yes i can help you, just lets go in that other topic and i assist u there

Hint: Always take a photo of serial numbers that I might need for cloud connections. (Learned this the hard way when I changed my router and had to re-connect. Of course I had to get out an extension ladder in the winter to read the serial number from the camera.)

I’m currently in the process with constant resets for HomeKit Nanoleaf bulbs due to switching homes, and some were reset while installing new smart switches.

What I’ve done to mitigate this in the future is I know have mapped out my house with a detailed legend that list the home kit codes so I don’t have to go back up on the ladder with my camera each time!

For example I have a 4 can light kit on my fan so it have:
Living room N: HK ABCD
Living room E: HK EFGH
Living room S: HK IJKL
Living room W: HK MNOP

Etc

It takes a while and totally screws up your flow when you’re trying to knock out all of your home kit devices, but hey, at least you rip the bandaid off once and then never have to do it again. (Besides maybe factory resetting from the switch)

Nope. I did have to refresh my browser (CTRL-F5) then everything works fine.

There’s a blueprint for that - ‘Low battery level detection & notification for all battery sensors’.
It monitors all your battery-based devices, and provides an alert whenever any of them fall below a threshold level you set.

1 Like

Mine works fine. Try restarting the camera.

I also have issues connecting my old 1st gen Eve Room.
hopefully we can find a way to make it work.

A je to! :smiley:

Just a standard path. I think technically putting it to /run/dbus in the container might be what is expected, but it worked fine as /var/run/dbus for both host and container

1 Like

Just downgraded and bulbs works just fine. So let’s wait for a fix then…