2022.8: You can fix it!

8 Dahua cams (inddor and outdoor) here and connected through Onvif. No problems whatsoever after updating HA to 2022.8.0 / 2022.8.1. They all stream just fine.

Hmmm, 8.1 also not resolved my case:
And detailed log:
2022-08-05 08:24:10.743 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘xxxxxxxxx’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

2022-08-05 08:24:10.793 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘xxxxxxxxx’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

2022-08-05 08:24:10.901 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘xxxxxxxxx’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

2022-08-05 08:24:10.906 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘xxxxxxxxx’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

2022-08-05 08:24:10.910 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘xxxxxxxxx’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

2022-08-05 08:24:11.469 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.onvif] Couldn’t connect to camera ‘xxxxxxxxx’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

Restored to 7.x and working fine :confused:

Remove and re-adding might be worth a try.

Ok … trying to update from the CLI. Typed ha core update and it’s just sitting there with a processing prompt. No movement.

Haha, it was my first action - after removing camera new connection show the same error (authorization) during configuration.

@Jc2k yes the BLEM that you linked to is what I meant. For some reason, I remember that there was supposedly a “breaking change” on one of the last updates that some users were having a problem with but my Xiaora plant sensors were not affected. I think it was the following change…

Bluetooth (multiple integrations)

Home Assistant is upgrading to Python 3.10 this release and comes with a breaking change affecting multiple integrations.

I didn’t think about the older one being “more mature/battle tested” as you said but that’s true. I was more concerned with the same devices being connected through two integrations and somehow having that cause an issue. Maybe I will leave them both connected or split the devices between the two as a way to monitor the new integration for any possible bugs. At first, I did lose everything and there seemed to be a conflict but now both seem to be working. The signal strength entity has also now shown up for the older BLEM integration and both appear to be displaying the same data.

As for the new integration, yes it definitely integrates a lot easier. I was actually shocked by how quickly it connected. I did not have to deal with all of the connection issues that I had to deal with when I first used the BLEM integration.

And yes, pleeeeease try to restore the battery sensor that the MiFlora integration had.

EIDT: @Jc2k I just noticed that the Xiaora BLE sensors are showing different data than the BLEM. I checked it versus the Andoird App and the app and the BLEM are the same. I’ll continue to monitor it…

Here are the options I am using with the ONVIF integration for all the CAMS. Pretty much standart:

And as you can see, they are streaming just fine:
cctvs

Exactly the same, but… still not working :frowning:
Logon credentials are OK.

Normally when you report a bug you get a response within a few hours but this time it has been quiet for over 2 weeks and I am forced to stay stuck in release 2022.06.7. I have reported this bug under number #75437 (and AppDeamon issue on HA supervised #1551). The problems do not occur with HA OS on a Raspberry. It does occur on an Intel NUC running HA Supervised. It seems to have something to do with Appdeamon. Appdeamon does not start up properly and displays an error message. In addition, the log is filled up at a rapid rate. I do have 20 Gb available on the hard drive but still after a while I get a message that I am starting to run out of free space. I turned off Appdeamon and that did stop the log filling. So it indeed seems to be due to Appdeamon but again only on a HA supervised. And is it true that you cannot update to Supervisor 2022.07.1, Supervisor 2022.08.0 or Supervisor 2022.08.1?

The new version is not updating for me. I’ll wait for a couple of days. Hopefully, it’ll be fixed by then.

My name is Jan Kakes.
I’m not good at posting.
I have to say that I have a lot of respect for the great work of all the updates.
Unfortunately since release 2022-8 I no longer have contact with my DSMR and I can’t add it again.

2 Likes

It seems that I’m doing nothing else than updating my HA Raspberry Pi over the last few weeks.
Is it possible to create different branches? One for those who want the latest & greatest features (and new bugs …) and one for simple users like me who just want a stable system ???

3 Likes

Yep. My broadlink switches no longer available either. I double checked my yaml (in case I missed a change) and looks the same as examples on integrations page.

What doesn’t work specifically for you? I have an RX-V6A and it works as usual since many releases… image

So it might not be something with HA or the integration themselves, unless the RX-V673 is way different compared to the RX-V6A…

Maybe this solution helps? :thinking:

Just updated to 2022.8.1 from 2022.8.0 and had the same issue again; Node Red and AdGuard were stopped and would not start when clicking on START, had to uninstall and re-install both add-ons. All other addons started fine

You should be creating this issue on appdaemon, not home assistant core.

Supervisor does not update in unison with core.

First of all: Yamaha MusicCast is different integration than Yamaha Network Receivers - RX-V673 doesn’t support the first one. :wink:
And it’s already resolved. Basically I had to put host option, because for some reason it worked without before and now it can’t.

I will do that as well but is it an Appdeamon issue? Since everything does work on a raspberry with HA OS and are there no other add-ons that cause these problems. Added it there as well as: AppDeamon issue on HA supervised #1551

I’ve update to release 2022.08.1 but still I see my Spervisor is 2022.07.0 whlie Supervisor 2022.08.1 stable is already available. Back in the days you could update the Supervisor after a message: ‘Update available’

Tried that, updated firmware on camera
Couldn’t connect to camera ‘Amcrest’, please verify that the credentials are correct. Error: Invalid data

not sure what data is invalid?