2022.8: You can fix it!

What happened to charts? I used to click on something and they showed and I could click more history?

restored from backup 2022.7.7 and all is well !

For anyone with similar issues, restarting hassio solved it and the update showed up as usual

yep that fixed it.

Curious, why remove mdi:google-home and mdi:discord if there are no virtually identical alternatives (or at least none that are listed in the notes)?

Sorry, I got distracted by Broadlink issues after I got this issue fixed.

For me, the homeassistant VM image in my Linux box somehow was inaccesible. It was still ok while it was running but VirtualBox wasn’t able to start it back up again. I had to create a new VM and restore from my last backup.

That is a question for the Material Designs developers.

Xioami miot vacuum integration has error. Device goes offline after update. Tried 4 times and it works on 2022.07 backup

As Nick said, ask the MDI designers, but here is a post that says they won’t be adding any brand or company icons. Perhaps there’s a newer update. I thought I’ve seen a post like that, but can’t find that now. There is an alternative though…

1 Like

Works with my roborock s5 but I had to reboot my vacuum because it was unavailable after the upgrade

Hi, great release!

A question about using bluetooth dongle.

I have home assistant installed on a raspberry pi 4 with SSD disc in a argon one v2 case. The on board bluetooth adapter gets a really short range due to the argon v2s metal case and i wonder if it is possible to connect an external bluetooth dongle.

I guess not since it in the Integration page is stated:

MULTIPLE ADAPTERS
Support for multiple Bluetooth adapters is available on Linux systems only. Select the adapter you wish to use via the options flow on the integrations page. The adapter selection only affects integrations that use the Bluetooth integration interfaces.

Or have i missunderstod it? Or does it meen that you only can use one adapter at the time?

Thank you!

Just add an external dongle, you can choose which device to use in the integration :+1: using a external dongle for the same reason.

I’m pretty sure that this is internal restructuring and is not going to touch anyone’s entity_id naming conventions.

It appears to be a proposal/direction that will affect integration developers in order to alleviate the current workarounds in place that prevent non-namespaced entity_name clashes

I do hope so as all my entitties are named according a specific scheme for my house showing type and location in the naming. Not using any friendly names a t all. If this would no longer be possible I would not be happy.

It is, the entity registry controls the names of your current entities. That information isn’t altered. If you override the name or entity_id you’ll be fine.

1 Like

That’s great,

Thank you!

I reloaded the integration and all switches configured in yaml back to live from unavailable. But later some time all switches again fall unavailable. i will restart ha and come back here again if problem continues.

Are there any way to make it work with Xiaomi/Aqara homekit locks as well?
Same error on lock/unlock function “PDU status was not success: Insufficient authorization”, was previously using Homekit as a proxy switch which requires Mi Home app to authorise to enable lock/unlock function.
Not sure how I could contribute, please advise if you need more information.

Thank you!

Reloading the Broadlink integration also worked for me after 3 days of searching. Thanks!

@asafm thanks for your help, after loading the broadlink integration it works again.

Hello mythical @frenck . Thanks to all of you developers for the great HA releases.
We point out that there are update problems with the switch entities created by the broadlink platform. do you think you can solve the next versions?
Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful work you do.

1 Like