2022.9: Home Assistant Birthday Release!

Mine does that if there is an automation running and restarting very quickly. I use a blueprint that cycles my RGB LED lights behind my screen which works well but seems to re-run the automation every half a second to force the lights to change. When this is running, my automations panel behaves in this way. It’s a bit irritating, especially on a mobile device.

This new UI still has the issue bt at least I can just click on the automation now and it opens it up and from there everything works as expected. Before, I had to click the Dots on the right and click edit in the dropdown menu within the 0.5 second gap which was pretty frustrating.

I checked things like that, and no scripts or automations are causing this. Its just always.
also notice the flickering of the script line itself

btw, I now notice the hover on the 3 dots is actually displaying ‘Overflow’, which ofc is rather nonsensical and meaningless to a user. Should be called Options or Settings or smoking like that…

Sep-09-2022 10-36-50

also:

so that is not to be ignored at all, it blocks true functionality. In this menu, only on Scripts, not Automations or Scenes. Or Blueprints. In the others its also only happening on the 3d or 4th tab

fear its got to do with custom-ui though, need some extra time to investigate this.
Really would appreciate some extra eyes from JS experts…

But, that is actually called an “overflow menu”, in some companies I have seen it referred to as a kebab menu, which is as you say non-sensical

1 Like

what I mean is, it should popup useful info on what is behind those 3-dots. We all know its technically called an overflow menu.

And that’s were the issue comes in.
I checked the docs, the docs don’t seem to be updated, or it is a bug.
But it isn’t working, and like you see the exact syntax I am using is the ones from the docs, that worked up to today:
service: notify.mobile_app_mar_lx1a

Hi all, many of us still have faith that the previous History behavior comes back as it was before the 2022.7 release. If you also want the option to have the capability to see all entities without have to pick them individually go to View All Option in History and vote. Thank you.

1 Like

Much more likely is that if you check the logs then it’s likely that your MQTT is using the deprecated - platform: mqtt which was warned about since 2022.6 and was removed in 2022.9 - thus your configuration would be invalid and the MQTT platform could not be loaded until you fix this and move to the new format expected for mqtt.

1 Like

I’m having problem with “flux_led”:

Platform error light.flux_led - cannot import name 'ATTR_WHITE_VALUE' from 'homeassistant.components.light' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py)

My code in configuration.yaml:

light:
  - platform: flux_led
    devices:
      192.168.0.XX:
        name: LED Mesa
        protocol: "ledenet"
        mode: rgb

I’m not sure if you’re already aware, but I haven’t found any thread talking about it.

Its not the version of ha you need to watch, it’s the shelly for hass custom component that needs to be fixed.

The firmware updates on the release notes refer to zwave, not ZHA or zigbee2mqtt.

Zigbee2mqtt has had OTA firmware updates for a long time.

zigbee2mqtt has better firmware update support than ZHA (I’ve used all 3 and much prefer Z2M)

Exactly. Everyone can see what it is, that’s why the tooltip should better describe what’s its purpose.

You’re using the custom integration for flux_led. That’s why no one is talking about it, the built in flux_led integration does not have this issue as it has never used a white value attribute.

1 Like

I really want to like the new automation editor screens. I really do want to. But I find them very difficult to use. I find myself even more switching to the yaml screen now just to ‘see’ what’s going on. Too much is hidden.

I also find it funny that the new UI almost FORCES you to comment your code in order to be able to understand it (rename the lines with aliases) where-as the old UI (before aliases became more prominent) made it almost impossible to comment your code. lol.

Maybe it’ll grow on me when I get more ‘aliases’ in the code for readability in the UI.

nothing changed with mobile app notifications this release. Did you update from an older release? Are you SURE you’re using the correct notification platform? I.e. did your mobile app notification object_id change? e.g. notify.mobile_app_abc to notify.mobile_app_xyz.

Mine does this but not as consistently as yours. Its much more sporadic and happens ‘less’.

Option to rename the automation directly from the right side menu would be useful.

Wow, indeed that was it! This was one of the first devices I put in my installation and at the time I didn’t really know what I was doing. Now I’m using the right integration, thanks!

1 Like

Is it known that some users using Home Assistant Supervised cannot update to a new release of HA since the July release? At least not if they want to continue using AppDeamon. This only gives an error message on Supervised. On HASSIO (Raspberry) it runs fine. There are now 3 issues created that were probably overlooked during the vacation season:

• Erro 500 to try connect Hass IO #207
  • AppDeamon issue on HA supervised #1551
  • AppDeamon issue on HA supervised #75437

Let’s put it this way: We miss Frenck!

I have the same problem. The previous syntax no longer works. With your solution of removing the “-”, all devices in my account get the message, even those that are not specified as a target.